Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should we skip forward to the end of the Prologue?

No, I want to keep going week by week.
Yes, bring on the VIOLENCE!

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 68

Author Topic: Eventide University IC: The Fourth Awakening  (Read 31858 times)

Mistwing

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing too much to keep up
    • View Profile
Re: Eventide University IC
« Reply #135 on: February 08, 2018, 10:38:11 am »

The girl slowly rolled over onto her side and sat up. "I'm good. Just..." She let out a exceptionally girly giggle and swept sweat and water from her face. When she looked up, half her face was hidden behind a curtain of golden hair. One green-blue eye fixed Berenice with a look of good humor, full of laughter. "I swear half of this --" She gestured to the wet sheen of her skin. "Is sweat and the other half is the ocean contained in the atmosphere in this state." She smiled and let out another short laugh, the butt of her own joke. "Sorry. Didn't spot you when I zombie'd in. I'm Idunna." she slipped onto her feet and leaned across the open space to hold out a hand. "Guess we're roomies?" her one visible eye slipped across Bernie's side of the room.
Is your sexual purity worth more than bringing the dead back to life!?
----
I'M INSERTING MY DOUBLE MAXIMUM REPEATING WIND
INTO YOU DIRECTLY

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: February 08, 2018, 10:41:11 am »

Bernie slowly, confusedly meets her hand with her own, smiling in a friendly and awkward manner.
"Guess we're roomies. I'm Bernie. Nice to meet my mystery roommate so quick!"

Mistwing

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing too much to keep up
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: February 08, 2018, 10:52:35 am »

Idunna just smiled brighter at Berenice. But then she looked a little confused. "I was a mystery?" she blinked. "Well I just blew that, didn't I?" she went from a smile to a smirk. "That's me. Not living up to my reputation." she began to dig through her pile of boxes. "Lovely to meet you, Berenice. Normally I'd love to chat with someone gorgeous and creative but right now..." she emerged from the search with a dull blue and extremely fluffy towel wrapped around some unidentified bottles and a bundle of clothes. "I need to shower before I stink up the whole room." And just like that she slipped into the bathroom.
Is your sexual purity worth more than bringing the dead back to life!?
----
I'M INSERTING MY DOUBLE MAXIMUM REPEATING WIND
INTO YOU DIRECTLY

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: February 08, 2018, 11:48:09 am »

Lilly didn't meet Scarlet's eyes, rubbing her neck without seeming to notice. She could almost feel the ghosts of fangs sinking in."I'm sorry for pushing the buttons... I'd be touchy too if someone just brought something like that up out of nowhere. I'm not entirely sure this is the sort of thing you can come to terms with..."
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: February 08, 2018, 12:00:30 pm »

"Uh.....sure."
Bernie rubs the back of her head, and then sets her violin on her desk before walking out to check out the dorms.

Zacha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: February 08, 2018, 01:08:48 pm »

Bojangles opened the door to his room, after a longer-than-necessary struggle with the key, and found his stuff all there already--all old suitcases, but none of them were in entirely terrible shape.
His stuff, however, had an alteration, and when he noticed the sticky notes on what was evidently his side of the room he narrowed his eyebrows and tilted his head, then turned to his roommate and waved, his expression changing to one of good-natured confusion. "Uh, hey, ah b'lieve we mayett earlier? You were nearbah, as ah recawl. Bojangles eeyiz mah name." He extended a hand to shake with his new friend, then turned back to his stuff. "Whah'd y'label mah stuff?" he asked, the question a curious one rather than an annoyed one, taking the sticky note off the bed and sticking it to his shoulder for the time being as he started to unpack.
As much as he'd wanted to bring his shotgun, he figured if there were marksmanship classes that firearms would be provided. That and if duck season rolled around he could always just drive home and grab it since the school was only a few hours from where he lived. What he did have, as he started getting things out and putting them on the unclaimed side, were several sets of old clothes, an old-fashioned washboard (?), a mechanical cassette player and small collection of tapes, (?!) a conical hat that was entirely too stereotypical to be taken seriously, a tablet with a solar charging unit, a few paper books, and a tacklebox full of bait with a pair of collapsible fishing poles attached. He hadn't brought too many decorations, having figured he was going to spend most of his time outside the room rather than inside it.
"Yew mahnd 'fah leeyissen t'some music?" he asked, holding up one of his tapes.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2018, 10:11:37 pm by Zacha »

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #141 on: February 08, 2018, 02:08:56 pm »

"I don't really know either." Scarlet noticed Lilly's motion. She'd never personally experienced the bite; it had happened, obviously, but either she'd forgotten it due to some sort of tampering or had never been conscious during it in the first place. Obviously Lilly remembered it to at least some extent; was she "fresh," so to speak? "Don't worry about me, honestly. The past is the past, and I need to just deal with it instead of trying to make everyone else step around it." She sighed slightly. "Since we're on the topic anyway, I did want to, uh, compare notes on our mutual condition." Moving on, in a way. She wasn't sure how Lilly felt, but getting used to talking about it might help.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2018, 02:42:31 pm by KingMurdoc »
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: February 08, 2018, 02:15:16 pm »

Alex raises an eyebrow at Dom's choice in, ah, entertainment. While he sometimes enjoyed a good Malaccan Woodblock himself, Alex generally kept such things in a folder on his laptop, and he certinanly would not be caught dead putting them up on his wall.
"Those are, uh, some interesting shows you're watching? That and all the guns really brings the room together."
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: February 08, 2018, 02:20:47 pm »

Dom turns to Alex. He seems to think for a moment before shrugging.
"Technically my only gun is locked up. Those are tasers. As for the posters... well, what's wrong with them?"
Dom turns and studies the posters for effect.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: February 08, 2018, 03:08:00 pm »

Lilly fidgeted a bit as that topic was brought up. She was... far from comfortable talking about it. "I... I don't think I've entirely accepted it as real yet, really. And I barely know anything about the... type, I am. Still, if you think it might accomplish something I could try..." Lilly says after a few moments.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #145 on: February 08, 2018, 03:30:03 pm »

"Well, that Albert would probably tell you that talking helps, or something." Hadn't accepted it as real. . . Scarlet supposed she empathized with that. It barely felt real, thinking back to the circumstances that lead her here. "So, uh, guess we should start with the big stuff. How's the sun for you?" Truth be told, Scarlet wasn't entirely comfortable talking about it either, if only because she knew full well how most people felt about her condition and didn't particularly want to give them a list of ways to hurt or kill her.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: February 08, 2018, 03:39:38 pm »

"Could be worse. I don't burst into flames or ash when just a bit of UV light gets on me or anything, at least. Beyond that it sort of half depends on how... well fed, I am, and half on the intensity. Dim light's sort of uncomfortable if I'm full but isn't too bad, if I go out without some portable shade into direct sunlight I get bad burns and start smoking. Everything's worse if I haven't eaten in a while. I haven't tested how far it goes and... really rather wouldn't." she sat there quietly for a bit. "...I miss the sun."
Sigtext!

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #147 on: February 08, 2018, 03:47:35 pm »

Scarlet nodded. She'd always been a night owl, but being able to relax on a breezy afternoon on the porch was. . . nice. And never going to happen again. "I'm the same way. If I'm topped off, like I was today, then I can actually go out in the sun. It's not really pleasant, but I can do it. I also don't really know how far it goes, though I'm pretty sure it gets bad enough to start me on fire. Which is less than fun." She laughed a bit, somewhat abruptly. "You know, this is kinda bullshit. I always played pyromancers when I was growing up, and now that you can actually learn magic I'm kindling."
GM of Trespassers V2.

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: February 08, 2018, 04:52:34 pm »

Alex gives Dom a mollifying smile.
"Ah, nothing, nothing. They're just quite eye catching when you first notice them."
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: February 08, 2018, 05:05:43 pm »

Dom looks for a little longer before shrugging.
"Yeah, I suppose they're a bit noticeable... I might have been a bit defensive there, I got a lot of shit in highschool for watching this kind of stuff. I was actually in the Anime club, my dad was surprisingly supportive of it. Even after I got into a fight since someone was bullying one of the other people about it. Got me that poster after there..."
Dom points to a poster with a tan, short-haired girl in spats and a sports bra running on a sports track. The poster helpfully labels her as "Akira".
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 68