Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should we skip forward to the end of the Prologue?

No, I want to keep going week by week.
Yes, bring on the VIOLENCE!

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 68

Author Topic: Eventide University IC: The Fourth Awakening  (Read 31857 times)

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
Re: Eventide University IC
« Reply #120 on: February 07, 2018, 06:14:08 pm »

"I didn't really know what they'd come up with. A coffin with silver chains wouldn't have shocked me. Both of those things are uncomfortable as hell, by the way, do not recommend." She shook her head somewhat abruptly. When did she. . . ? She vaguely remembered sleeping in a coffin or coffin-like object once, but chains of silver were something she'd only heard proposed. She suppressed a sigh.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: February 07, 2018, 06:34:45 pm »

Lilly raised an eyebrow. "So you've actually slept in coffins then? A bit stereotypical, don't you think?" she joked. "I've never had to and hopefully never will, at least until I die for real." Clothes now away, she gets into the deeper parts of her trunk. Personal effects, a few hard-copy books which she puts on a shelf, and then she gets into a few posters. "That was my brother in the hall, by the way. If that wasn't obvious."
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #122 on: February 07, 2018, 07:35:35 pm »

"Not by choice," she said simply in response to the question. She started on what little setup was necessary for her laptop; mouse plugged in, cheap headphones available, charger plugged in, boom. She started the boot process and turned to speak with Lilly again. "I figured he was a relative of some sort." Scarlet elected to leave off exactly why, figuring it would be impolite, and simply started to hang up her clothes - a simple assortment of functional tees and two extra hoodies, save for one battered-looking concert tee. The band's logo on it was basically illegible; the only thing that conclusively identified it was the list of dates on the back, all seemingly for a tour decades ago.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: February 07, 2018, 08:40:11 pm »

Lilly has enough tact not to pry further into that particular topic. "Fair enough. Family resemblance and all." she says. After putting up the posters - mostly for some tv shows and bands Scarlet had in all likelihood never heard of - she plops down on her bed, lying down, although there's still a fair amount of stuff in the trunk. "Pretty comfortable! The bed back home was better, but this'll work fine." she waited for a few moments. "So... I've got Zack, you got any siblings back home?" she asks.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #124 on: February 07, 2018, 09:09:26 pm »

"I, uh, don't know. I haven't seen any of them in a really long time, and none of them have the same phone numbers any more." Scarlet's expression faltered more than a little, though her voice didn't betray much. "I'm not sure if I want to put them through that reunion, anyway." Quietly, uncharacteristically so. Youngest of five children; how many of her brothers were even alive? She hazily remembered some talk of hunting - a path that rarely lead to a peaceful death of old age. In fact. . . No. I'm not even going to consider that. Scarlet closed her eyes and took a deep breath to steady herself.
GM of Trespassers V2.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: February 07, 2018, 09:28:51 pm »

"...Oh." Lilly realized then that she had perhaps made a mistake. "I'm... really sorry to bring that up. I didn't even think about..." she hopped to her feet. "Do you need help unpacking or anything?" That was not a good way to start off with your new roommate, nope.
Sigtext!

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #126 on: February 07, 2018, 09:45:50 pm »

Scarlet waved at Lilly dismissively before opening her eyes. "It's fine. It's nothing for you to be concerned about." She glanced over at her bag, and the hideous parasol tossed in her corner next to her desk. "I don't really have anything left to unpack, I was going to ask if you needed any help with yours." She hadn't spoken much with the girl, but she was starting to get a decent picture. Obviously came from a rich family, probably turned recently. Said family probably saved her life, and as she had theorized earlier, had possibly done so for Scarlet herself by accident.
GM of Trespassers V2.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: February 07, 2018, 09:59:33 pm »

She shook her head. "No, it's fine. I've got plenty of time to unpack stuff when I need it!" she says. Uh... subject change, subject change... "So, what's the band on that t-shirt? Sort of hard to pick out the logo, but I'm curious." Music, like earlier. Definitely a safe subject that wouldn't make either of them have to think about things.
Sigtext!

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #128 on: February 07, 2018, 10:31:35 pm »

"That's, uh, the Living North, from their final tour in 2067." The biggest show her dad had ever taken her to. He hadn't gotten a lot of chances; the First Awakening had only made him busier, so making the space in his schedule to go to a concert was a rare thing. "They had an interesting sound, pretty complex." From her tone and voice, it was evidently clear that this was not, in fact, a safe subject. You'd almost think Scarlet was angry from the way her brow furrowed, but her voice didn't give that impression. "I, ahem, I did download one of their albums on my, uh, phone a while ago." She twisted a strand of hair about two of her fingers, squeezing the lock between them and her thumb.
GM of Trespassers V2.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: February 07, 2018, 10:38:32 pm »

Not a safe topic, not a safe topic... Lilly wasn't as good at hiding her emotions as Scarlet was. "S-Sorry, again... let's just compare the classes we're thinking of then? Maybe see if there's overlap? Nothing's certain yet but I have some thoughts about it..."
Sigtext!

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #130 on: February 07, 2018, 10:51:10 pm »

"Yeah," Scarlet said quietly. If Lilly had been paying attention, it almost looked like Scarlet was about to yank a clump of hair out before she let it go, twisting up another one and tugging on it a bit less intensely. "Let me just check what I wrote down." She let go of her hair and reached for her bag, digging about a moment before withdrawing a folded-up sheet of paper with a few scrawled notes on it. Clearing her throat again, she rattled off the list. "Operations, magical theory, college algebra, paranormal bio, thaumaturgy, self-defense, creative writing, and drawing."
GM of Trespassers V2.

Mistwing

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing too much to keep up
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: February 08, 2018, 03:30:06 am »

Did someone leave their little sister to sweat to death in the hallway? Because it looks like someone left their little sister to sweat to death in the hallway. A girl, by the looks of her, no older than 16 (probably younger) was slowly moseying down the hall while sucking the last water from a plastic squeeze bottle like a runner after a marathon. Kind of looked the part, too, in a deeply cut tank top and hot pink short-shorts and sneakers that were slowly coming untied. What probably drew more attention though was the waterfall of literally golden hair flowing down to her upper back and the shockingly blue (and complicated) pattern of what appeared some kind of tattoo climbing her left arm and flashing wherever the deep cuts around arms and collar in the tank top showed skin. She let out a deep - almost whimpering - sigh as she pushed the door labeled 'Berenice & Idunna' and stepped inside. Only to fall on her face into the unoccupied bed and making some surely earth shaking revelation to the blanket and mattress that no one else could hear.
Is your sexual purity worth more than bringing the dead back to life!?
----
I'M INSERTING MY DOUBLE MAXIMUM REPEATING WIND
INTO YOU DIRECTLY

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: February 08, 2018, 05:37:46 am »

Bernie lifts an eyebrow as her roommate walks in, collapsing into bed. She was about to walk out to check for others before that happened.
".....you okay?"

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: February 08, 2018, 06:38:17 am »

Lilly fumbles around in a bag for a notepad she'd brought, opening it before replying. "I was thinking... Psychology, Magical Theory, Music, Supernatural-Human Relations, Thaumaturgy 101, Fencing, Debate, and Operations 101." she closes the notepad. "A good amount of overlap, it looks like!" she says with a grin. Alright, crisis averted...
Sigtext!

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #134 on: February 08, 2018, 10:17:51 am »

"Yeah, sounds like." Psych, relations, debate? Her idea seemed pretty clear. Scarlet didn't consider herself particularly diplomatic, else she might've gone the same route. Good that somebody had it covered. "I'm. . . sorry for being sensitive, by the way. Still, uh, coming to terms with everything." She looked down. Her emotional reactions were clearly making the other girl uncomfortable.
GM of Trespassers V2.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 68