Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should we skip forward to the end of the Prologue?

No, I want to keep going week by week.
Yes, bring on the VIOLENCE!

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 68

Author Topic: Eventide University IC: The Fourth Awakening  (Read 31854 times)

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
Re: Eventide University IC
« Reply #105 on: February 07, 2018, 05:39:29 am »

The man pauses for a moment as everything is laid out, then bursts out laughing, leaning on the desk.

"Cheeky kid, I like you."

He pushes back the tasers, as well as motioning for him to keep the candy cane and the crucifix. "To our knowledge no-one is actually going to be hurt by that unless it's got something hidden in it." He shrugs. "I'll put the rest in storage and get you a smartlock for that." he nods toward the revolver, standing up to go look through a small cabinet that had been placed to the side, eventually producing two small plastic cases, one designed to hold a revolver, the other a knife, both set with what looked like high-tech locking mechanisms, presumably designed to keep them locked unless an emergency occurred. The knife's appeared to have a manual override. "That one's just to register whenever you unlock it, is all. Records." He'd hand them over, then start to bag up the various guns Dom had given him.
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: February 07, 2018, 05:53:01 am »

Dom starts putting his things away with a smile.
"I'll be honest, I'm kind of glad to be rid of that stuff. Heavy as all get out."
He pops the candy cane into his mouth.
"I'd say "See ya" but I hope the only time I need to come back is when I can claim my stuff."

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: February 07, 2018, 06:59:51 am »

Lilly had in fact given Scarlet her number, as well as telling her she could give it to the others. Her phone, compared to the others, was one of the newer models - it had just come out a month ago.

----

Lilly walked to the dorm building with her brother after meeting up with him. "You know what I'm glad about? That nobody I've talked to yet has been watching the news for like the last few months. It'll be tough enough having to give everyone the 'I'm a bloodsucking monster' spiel every time I talk to them for the first time, that would make things even more awkward..." she said. As they walked, she kept a few paces distance ahead when she could, despite being much shorter - she didn't want to be behind him. Just in case. She'd not had the 'murder' urge with him - well, at least not the same sort of murder urge. And when she'd had a drink so recently she was fairly sure she could control herself, but still, no chances.

When they arrived at the dorms, she crossed her fingers and checked the room list - not the basement not the basement... yes! Not the basement. That'd be... just a bit much. "Alright! Not the basement!" she pumped her fist in mock-victory. "Probably the... really overly dramatic door." she looked at the door to presumably her room, then looked back at the dorm list. "...Well would you look at that, all the people I was talking to are on this floor too."
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: February 07, 2018, 09:09:11 am »

"Huh. So we are."
Bernie smiles as she takes in the place. She'd been here before when she visited the campus to see what the place was like, but to be here as a student felt so much different than to be here as a visitor.

Then she realises that, because Scarlet and Lilly likely had the sealed room at the end, that meant she was the only other girl on the floor.
"Okay.....well, I think we're missing a person on this floor. If I'm doing my math right, we're an odd number of girls."

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: February 07, 2018, 09:51:44 am »

Albert walks into his dorm. Stares at the inside. Nice. Comfy. Spacious - well, more spacious than he's used to. Government-funded house and all. Probably to accommodate other person. Oh well. At least it was warm. New Orleans in general was warmer than he was used to as well. Which is good. He liked wearing his dress shirt.

Luggage designating beds. Good, good. Trunk is opened. Books and clothes. A laptop colored pastel blue. A pocket knife handled in black. Bottles of water that had something a little more exciting than water (vodka) in it. Rolls of duct tape. Post-it notes. Packets of medication, and packets of... well, not medication. He took a handful of notes and started pasting them on the beds, the wardrobes and drawers and closets, pencil whipped out to label them - "Albert's bed", "Not Albert's bed", "Clothes", "Meds", ""Meds" (they're legal I swear =v=)", etc.. He'll probably still in the middle of this by the time his roommate entered. But that was fine. He can sense their hypothetical presence.
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: February 07, 2018, 10:21:01 am »

Each of the rooms would have a small plate next to it, the names of the assigned persons for that room on it.

Quote from: Room Assignments
Lilly and Scarlet
Bernie and Idunna
Alex and Dom
Albert and Bojangles
« Last Edit: February 07, 2018, 11:33:04 am by ragnarok97071 »
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: February 07, 2018, 10:49:01 am »

Alex quickly makes himself at home on his side of the dorm room. The bookcase is stocked with law books, mystic texts and a few novels for light reading later. On the window sill he carefully places down his herb garden, watering it before he continues. His desk is crammed full of equipment and other esoteric curios. Once hes done Alex hops on to the bed and lays on his back, just resting for a second. And the AC is pumped way the fuck out.
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: February 07, 2018, 12:18:53 pm »

Bernie wonders to herself quietly who this Idunna might be (she certainly wasn't here right now) as she quietly takes up her side of the room, unpacking her stuff; books on musical history, compilations of sheet music (whether they were classical or compilations she'd made herself to perform covers) and a few romantic manga for herself, as well as obvious necessities such as clothes, toiletries.

Taking pride of place on her bed for the moment was her violin case, however; a large, pink plastic case, covered in stamps and labelled 'Berenice P.', a birthday gift from her grandmother. Inside was a well-crafted piece of art; Bernie's violin, her pride and joy, her beloved instrument. It wasn't a Stradivarius or something fancy; instruments like that could reach into the millions and, though the Pagtakhans were well-off, they weren't exactly wealthy. Still, it was Bernie's violin, and it had served her well, and in her eyes it wasn't the instrument that made the music, but the performer; the instrument was just the performer's partner. Her tutor had instilled that in her as a child and she'd carried that on ever since.

On her desk, she places down her laptop, a decent machine all things be told, mid-range, decent performance and good enough for what she needed it for (homework, Internet and recording her performances, if she felt like doing some), along with a small photo of her and her family, posing happily at a dinner about two years ago (it was her little sister's birthday, Bernie recalled). Anything to give the place a little touch of home.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #113 on: February 07, 2018, 12:34:18 pm »

Since nobody seemed to be stopping to talk, she figured that she may as well investigate her own room. She nodded at the guy with Lilly - probably her brother, unless she'd managed to find a boyfriend okay with her particular condition - and moved to open the door. She held it open for Lilly after doing so, with a somewhat expectant glance.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: February 07, 2018, 02:43:38 pm »

When Dom arrived back in his room, he'd get right to work. First he sets up his weapons on his shelves on little stands (A process that still takes about five minutes due to how meticulous he is), then he starts putting various posters up on his wall... Alex would note that they're all Moe Anime posters. That's pretty weird. Finally, he takes off his duster and hat, laying them over his bed posts.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: February 07, 2018, 03:30:51 pm »

Zack would come along with his sister relatively willingly, having to head to the same building anyway, and generally wanting to spend a little time with her making sure she was ok before just wandering off on his own anyway. "I guess. Maybe they're just too polite to mention it. Also... is the speech that bad? I wouldn't expect they'd give you too much of a mouthful." he shrugs. Eventually, they'd make their way to the actual dorm building, and when she moves to take a look at the list, he'd do the same, scanning over it before finally finding his own room, making a quiet noise of disappointment in the back of his throat. "looks like I'm a few floors up. Shame. Glad you got an easy trip, though." When they're interrupted by the... other vampire, he'd raise an eyebrow, tilting his head. "Seems someone wants to talk to you."

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #116 on: February 07, 2018, 04:07:25 pm »

"Just being polite, not trying to interrupt anything. Though we should talk about how the room's going to be split up sooner rather than later." She swapped from standing outside and holding the door to propping it open from inside. If Lilly didn't come in, she'd let it close behind her and get after her luggage, not that there was much of it. Enough clothes to get by, some bedding, a basic laptop and associated bits in a separate bag. She looked about the room out of curiosity; external lock aside, she wondered what other security devices they had in here. Motion sensors, cameras for Lilly maybe? She didn't want to arouse suspicion by trying to fish out every measure they'd taken, but she was curious nonetheless.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: February 07, 2018, 04:21:40 pm »

"It's not, really, but I want to make it so there's no way they could think I'm not making things clear." Lilly admits, before Scarlet comes in "You go to your room - I wanna get settled in." she says, patting her brother on the back. "I'll see you later!" she follows Scarlet in, unless Zack has something to say to stop her.

Lilly's luggage was significantly more... present, than Scarlet's. Namely in that there was a giant trunk, as she starts pulling things out. "Any thoughts on how to split things up?" she asks, taking out a bunch of electronics to start with. "Never really been in a dorm before..."
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #118 on: February 07, 2018, 04:58:04 pm »

"Pick a side of the room. One closet, one bed, one desk per person, et cetera. Simple. I don't really care where I settle down, so just pick a side and I'll throw my crap down on the other." The girl seemed to have a lot of luggage. Overpacked, or wealthy family? She figured that she would have heard about a rich kid getting turned, but then she wasn't really possessed of the time to follow the news lately. Could have actually helped her out, if she got turned around the same timeframe that Scarlet herself turned her in - people tended to not want to off rich kids, and if said kids got special treatment and someone else didn't, it could cause a big stink.
GM of Trespassers V2.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: February 07, 2018, 05:17:16 pm »

"Alright then, left is best." Lilly says, putting a laptop on the left desk to claim that part of the room. She begins to hum a tune to herself as she continues to unpack, getting to some rather nice clothes. "I'm surprised that the room's so... normal. Am I the only one who was half expecting a coffin instead of a bed?"
Sigtext!
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 68