Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: How to rescue people / get artefacts  (Read 2030 times)

Bauta

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
How to rescue people / get artefacts
« on: February 03, 2018, 08:45:52 pm »

Raiding works fine, if they get it done they will come back with items and artefacts from the site but if i send them out to get an artefact or rescue seomeone they just leave and return one tick later with an empty mission report.
if i raid  a site with prisoners in it they will jsut return with items not with the prisoners
_________
>Blacki loses his right arm, Blacki loses his left arm
>Blacki: I am badly injured, this phases me not
>Blacki bites the Goblin lasher in the throat and the injured part is cloven asunder

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How to rescue people / get artefacts
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2018, 02:40:40 am »

It's been reported trying to get artifacts held by someone always fail with those sent on the mission returning immediately.
My experience with artifact recovery is limited to target a necro tower next door, and those missions resulted in one of:
- Succeeded to get artifact
- Was detected, fought, and escaped (without the artifact)
- Was detected, fought, was injured, and didn't return or result in a report (and Legends Mode info revealed the dorf was dead). I think there should have been a report if I'd played it longer.

I've tried a raid against a ruined site half a day's walk away, and that squad is just gone. 4 month later they hadn't returned or provided a report, and I could find nothing in Legends Mode (no entry for the site, no entry for the squad leader, who was not reported dead).
I won't raid a ruined site again...

Bauta

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2018, 04:14:20 am »

i would really like to get my soldiers back , they are sitting there, all alone, forgotten by the king
_________
>Blacki bites the Goblin lasher in the throat and the injured part is cloven asunder

Bauta

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2018, 05:22:55 pm »

I raided the place a few times now, according to legends there are no elves left, yet i still cannot free the prisoners
_________

Bauta

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2018, 08:30:07 am »

I found out that the map is centering on your own fortress after you issued a rescue / retrieve mission instead of the place in which the target is located.
This leads to your squad "leaving" and "arriving" one tick later giving an empty mission report
_________

Bauta

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2018, 08:35:52 am »

I cannot reasign the location where they should go to rescue their mates after selecting one on " the people" screen it jumps to the squad selection, then it centers itself on the fortress.
Is this a known bug ?
( i am aware this thread is a mess, i will edit it later)
« Last Edit: February 05, 2018, 08:38:32 am by Bauta »
_________