Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: Trenchgrind: Deutchland  (Read 3095 times)

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Trenchgrind: Deutchland
« Reply #60 on: February 03, 2018, 11:46:59 pm »

Technically we are doubling the amount of people we can kill by grabbing all that artillery at the start. Nothing like dumping a few hundred shells to cause casualties.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 03, 2018, 11:54:18 pm »

Well, we will once we are done with our mobilization which will basically be doubled if we sink 10 points into it or so, then we can not only bury them in corpses but be tough enough to dig ourselves out of theirs at the same time...if we balance things anyway. If we aren't careful though, we will just end up with nothing more then a wave after wave of soldiers like what they are probably going to go. Speaking of, if they keep spending all their political power on soldiers, they will have 300 thousand by the time the war starts, and they already have 100 thousand. So, if they spend another five points on recruitment, well...we know their tactic and we might want to do something about that. There is only so many men our men can be buried under before they are crushed...
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 04, 2018, 12:56:57 am »

I'm concerned with their USSR tactic. if they keep as they are going, they'll have fielded 300,000 soldiers by the start of the war, compared to our 180,000+.

A 3:2 numerical advantage will be impossible to beat on the assault. It's just a good thing that defending is easier. I'd like to have each of Taricus' field artillery divisions using heavy artillery to support the infantry divisions light guns. A variety should keep us more flexible, which we'll need to be against those odds.

Following that, we actually have 28 spare light gun batteries. Enough to support a division and a half!

Quote from: Heavy Support
16 Batteries (4,000 men) start training as Heavy Gunners
- 2,400 Tons for the guns

27 Battalions (27,000 men) start training as Regulars
- 270 tons for Infantry Equipment
- 270 tons for Trench Armour

Total Cost: 31,000/33,000 2,940/2,974.998 Tons

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 04, 2018, 01:26:43 am »

The problem is that heavy artillery is just not worth the steel cost for what it gives. The more light guns we have available at the start the quicker we'll be able to diminish their forces.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 04, 2018, 01:42:56 am »

Okay, we need to do some proper math on the odds/power per soldier between armies. Also, we must assume that they will force us to attack by going to a real point in our defense line.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 04, 2018, 01:44:08 am »

(Ye still need a consensus for pp expenditure)
Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 04, 2018, 01:50:36 am »

Quote from: Votes
3 PP Recruit, 2 PP mobilize: (1) Doomblade
Training TBD
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 04, 2018, 02:10:09 am »

Quote from: Votes
3 PP Recruit, 2 PP mobilize: (2) Doomblade, Piratejoe
Training TBD
Just remember we need to spend some political power next turn for steel. Also, I am worried about our troop numbers, and despite the fact I want as much mobilization as possible, I also want the Netherlands backing us...Still, this is probably our best bet in terms of political power expenditure. Also, just going on the top of my head, digging in is our best bet, just cover the flank that is Belgium just in case and so long as we are dug in and not flanked, we should be safe from their mass assaults as I expect them to just push men out the door as quickly as possible. Besides, our men should have a +1 to hit them with their bright red trousers and blue coats that makes them stick out like a red rose in a white rose bush.
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 04, 2018, 03:26:47 am »

Okay, have some maths.

When we defend, they will be hitting 1/6 of the time, and will need to hit three times to kill. We will be hitting back half the time, and need two hits to kill. This means we will average one kill every four shots while they'll have one kill every two hundred and sixteen. So that's a ratio of 54:1 in our favour. We can handle that.

When we assault, we will be killing 1/36 of the time, whilst they will be killing 1/8 of the time, for a ratio of 2:9 in their favour.

These assume we have trench armour and they don't, whilst both sides are charging between trenches rather than advancing cautiously.

If they also have trench armour, the kill ratio is 27:1 in favour of the defender.

If they are morons and going for unarmoured militia instead, the battle skews, with 108:1 in our favour when defending, and 4:3 in our favour on the assault.

So, this is quickly going to be a game of amassing reserves for a heavy push. They have slightly more reserves, but if my assumptions are correct our men will perform better.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 04, 2018, 09:35:17 am »

The biggest concern, of course, now becomes mobility. If our (hopefully kinda) mobile artillery reserve is Heavy, it's going to move relatively slowly. Furthermore, we ourselves are going to move very slowly, because every single infantryman is only a Regular and wearing armor. This is not a great combination, but so long as we are proactive in reacting to possible breaking points and/or have shortcuts between positions we're defending (i.e., they can't just fake an attack, watch us commit reserves, and then swing around to another flank entirely while we slowly march to catch up).
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 04, 2018, 10:12:17 am »

As our infantry have more staying power than theirs, we should naturally be more resistant to breakthroughs, and as they are regulars they are just as skilled as anything Marseille can field.

If Marseille goes for armoured infantry as well, we'll be the same speed as them again so I'm not concerned.

Edit: Apparently light artillery have been buffed a little since I last looked. They used to have three attack dice, but now have five. Considering that, I'm very happy to drop the argument for heavy artillery.

Quote from: Infantry Escalation
8 Batteries (2,000 men) start training as Light Gunners
- 400 Tons for the guns

31 Battalions (31,000 men) start training as Regulars
- 310 tons for Infantry Equipment
- 310 tons for Trench Armour

Total Cost: 33,000/33,000 1020/2,974.998 Tons
« Last Edit: February 04, 2018, 10:31:44 am by Kashyyk »

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 04, 2018, 10:46:05 am »

Personally, I'd prefer to max out artillery rather than manpower, just because we're lacking killing power, not staying power.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 04, 2018, 11:18:43 am »

This plan provides an extra artillery division per korps, fills out the remaining infantry, and starts on an additional korps.

Quote from: Overwhelming Firepower
32 Batteries (8,000 men) start training as Light Gunners
- 1,600 tons for the guns

25 Battalions (25,000 men) start training as Regulars
- 250 tons for Infantry Equipment
- 250 tons for Trench Armour

Total Cost: 33,000/33,000 men 2,120/2,974.998 Tons

This version fills out the final infantry division in 2nd Korps, then spams artillery.
Quote from: I <3 Artillery
8 Battalions (8,000 men) start training as Regulars
- 80 tons for infantry Equipment
- 80 tons for Trench Armour

56 Batteries (14,000 men) start training as Light Gunners
- 2,800 tons for the guns

Total Cost: 22,000/33,000 men 2,960/2,974.998 Tons

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 04, 2018, 12:02:17 pm »

I propose a few groups of unarmored regular to veteran infantry as a fast-attack force. It would help us respond to breakthroughs faster and take advantage of weak points in their line.

Also, we can afford to train veterans now as opposed to building them to veteran in field. I propose we name these divisions the Panzer Corp.

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 05, 2018, 03:52:59 am »

Now you have 3 different versions of production schedule? Shall I just pick the latest one?

I would be careful about the staying power. The frontage of a battalion is about 1 km, it can stretch to about 2+  but anything further and it becomes hard for it to coordinate its companies. The maximum range that you can reach out and touch someone is also 1 km...
« Last Edit: February 05, 2018, 03:55:04 am by Aigre Excalibur »
Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6