Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: Trenchgrind: Deutchland  (Read 3092 times)

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Trenchgrind: Deutchland
« on: January 31, 2018, 08:33:43 am »

General Staff discussions for Deutchland go here. You can only play for one side, so choose.

Original Thread: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=169365.0

Available military volunteers: 50,000
Political Points: 5
Steel stockpile: 2,500 Metric Tons
Production: 2,500 Metric Tons
« Last Edit: January 31, 2018, 08:54:28 am by Aigre Excalibur »
Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
Re: Trenchgrind: Deutchland
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2018, 09:48:48 am »

Signing up for Deutchland.

I suggest we spend as much of the first 6 months as we can prepping ourselves with as many heavy units as possible. Taking casualties will harm our supply of political points, so if we can keep that to a minimum (by deploying only veterans in trench armour for example), we will be able to keep upping our Mobilisation and Steel Production rather than having to spend them on recruitment to keep up our numbers.

For this month, I suggest the following:

Quote from: New Model Army
140 companies (35,000 men) start training to become regulars
 - 350 tons of Steel for Infantry Equipment
 - 350 tons of Steel for Trench Armour

30 Light Gun Batteries (7,500 men) start training
 - 1,500 tons of Steel for the guns

This leaves us with 15,000 volunteers and 300 tons of steel.
I'd like to train those remaining men as Heavy Artillery Gunners, which will require 4,500 tons of steel to produce 30 Batteries. We can do that with this and next turn's production of steel.

I'd like to speed that up slightly by putting 4 PP into increasing our steel production, and then 1 PP into Recruitment, so that we can continue producing infantry and use the steel left over from the Heavy Guns.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2018, 01:28:52 pm »

Do you envision a primarily defensive strategy for the first few turns, to capitalize on the naturally-becoming-veterans effect (Even though it'd take a full 180-something turns to take effect?)?

If so, I'd recommend, of course, all regulars in the heaviest gear we can give them, plus primarily heavy guns (Superheavy is a railway gun, which I'm not fond of, but maybe some stat comparison is warranted to determine relative values?) instead of lights.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2018, 02:20:44 pm »

I'm wanting a hardened core of infantry yes.

Light Guns cost 1/3 the steel of a Heavy Gun, for 1/3 the attack dice. The main difference between three batteries of light guns compared to a single battery of Heavy Guns is that you have to provide and then kill three times as many men and they move faster.

So pros and cons there, which is why I want some of both.
Superheavy Guns are simply not worth it.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2018, 03:32:24 pm »

I think we should actually build one for the main push. Keep in mind, we can hit further than a day's travel away.
I am also playing a captain, so that would be nice to crew/have supporting.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2018, 03:39:38 pm »

I'm not sold.instead of one Superheavy Gun, we could 250 heavy guns for the same cost in steel. We can spread them out, they die more slowly because more "hitpoints" and they move faster. They also do more damage at minimum range. I don't know what their max range is  but I think the extra range is worth it unless we have a ridiculous surplus of Steel.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2018, 03:52:04 pm by Kashyyk »

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2018, 03:50:52 pm »

Voting for Kashyyks Plan here. The Super Heavy Looks fancy but doesn't have either the volume or the damage output nor the front coverage of its equivalent weight in light guns. For that Single Super Heavy i get 750 Light Arty or 3750 Attack Dice...versus the Super Heavies 100.

Also Arditi for the win ^^

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2018, 03:56:42 pm »

What did we want to do regarding PP? An extra 25 steel isn't actually that much. It's only half a Light Gun battery.

Or we could double our army by spending all 5 PP on recruitment.

Thoughts?

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2018, 04:01:05 pm »

Well, we should put 2 PP into steel at first then. And extra light battery a turn is good building.

We can still build more army later, I figure.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.

BBBence1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2018, 04:22:05 pm »

We should probably increase steel production at first. As long as we have men ready to arm, we can spend a few points on it.

And keeping our arty spread out is more optimal imo. Yeah, we'd need to bring them to a single battle to have the same direct effect, but more hp and less "we lost this unit, we ded now".
Proud Juraki/Cannalan/Kasgyr/Ertexite/Karikhitan/Nogranian/Aratam Engineer.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2018, 04:23:56 pm »

Hm. I vote all 5 PP to steel then. Then 1 to steel next turn and recruiting.

Edit: Who wants to Politick Switzerland? :D
« Last Edit: January 31, 2018, 04:30:57 pm by Doomblade187 »

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2018, 04:46:51 pm »

We should invest a lot into metals, since we seem to be going the route of heavy armor and light artillery, which means we're going to be moving at a solid medium pace, but with immense survivability. The one area we will be CRITICALLY lacking is going to be counterbattery fire, which means we cannot neglect heavy artillery (sadly).

We don't want numbers and chaff, we want a disciplined army capable of holding a line.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2018, 04:50:22 pm »

By the way, which countries do we want to recruit?

BBBence1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2018, 05:36:16 pm »

By the way, which countries do we want to recruit?
Nobody expects the Swiss Inquisition
Proud Juraki/Cannalan/Kasgyr/Ertexite/Karikhitan/Nogranian/Aratam Engineer.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2018, 06:44:47 pm »

The Swiss and the Netherlands. Mostly because Belgium could potentially be screwed over by Netherlands going Entente.

But in terms of PP 2 into Steel for that extra light gun battery. (because more dakka is better than more DAKKA) and for the remaining three all into manpower.

Do we need pp to influence minor countries?

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6