Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: In the upcoming magical update, there should be different effects on the world  (Read 650 times)

ShinyandKittens

• Bay Watcher
  • Armok can’t really be much different from Arceus..
    • View Profile

I have a list of my thoughts spilled directly from my brain about this

• On magical geology and ecology
- In normal to magical worlds, there should be some spots of bizarre and psychic terrain, where strange/warped versions of creatures should appear, like large and multicolored domestic animals, and strange liquids that can have similar temporary effects.
- In dark worlds, there should be desolate wastelands, where there is a dark fog and danger beyond evil biomes.
- In very normal / very magical realms, there should be value changes for items that are more magical/more mundane respectively.
- more terrain that would seem typical for each end of the spectrum (which is more like a map), like lava geysers, crystal-filled caverns, to overused and barren stretches of land where Dwarves have been or are residing.

• On magical biology
- There should be the tags [MAGICAL] [NORMAL] [LIGHT] and [DARK] to filter habitats to those respective locations.
- Creatures should migrate to certain locations if the magic/light was stolen from their home.
- Some evil monsters should seek light/magic and take it for their benefit/nourishment/schemes.
- Some strange but sentient things that wander around in magical areas.
No amount of mods is too much

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile

Not in all worlds. Only in some worlds. Myth and magic will be the most awesome update to a game ever. I'm willing to wait for 1.5 to 2 years for it.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2018, 10:17:12 pm by KittyTac »
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.