Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12

Author Topic: Batter Up! - A Minimalist Roll To Dodge (Inning Fifteen!)  (Read 19804 times)

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
Re: Batter Up! - A Minimalist Roll To Dodge (Inning Six!)
« Reply #75 on: February 03, 2018, 10:30:43 pm »

Delay my victory a bit so we're not sent back into our original collapsing dimension before the game ends. Find another reality to be "returned" to when this duel ends.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Lovefool

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm just a man who enjoys a little fun.
    • View Profile
    • Backloggd Profile
Re: Batter Up! - A Minimalist Roll To Dodge (Inning Seven)
« Reply #76 on: February 04, 2018, 12:47:38 am »

IT'S TIME TO DIE! Inning Seven!

Ryden
Draw another card and flip through the rule book to see if I can catch ocean cheating.

[2 for Ocean/3 for Ryden]: You manage to spook Ocean enough that he decides to pull back Matt. Leaving him defenseless and ready for an attack from John!

[5 for John/3 for Ocean]: Ocean takes 2 damage to his person! He only has 2 bases left before it is game over!

(+1 to your next roll)
*Cough*
[2, no bonuses?]: You can't do this action, as John has been discarded to the graveyard. You need to draw another player!

(I apologize if I didn't state this earlier, but if you physically cannot do an action, it's an automatic 2, since you have no way of using John since he's well... dead, there's no way you can physically do that.)

[5+1=6]: You draw another card, and it turns out to be Joe DiMaggio. While summoning him you find out in the rules that Joe DiMaggio is an illegal card to use, and now you are the one who is cheating! This is not good for you! (-1 to your next roll)

Travel to the Jojo’s Bizarre adventure universe and become someone’s punch ghost

[6]: You warp through the gateway and into the Jojo Universe! While there, you get sucked into a sword at the top of a mountain that you randomly appeared at! You suddenly take on dog-like features, and become the stand Anubis! However, you are forever trapped in this sword on this mountain until someone either releases you or uses the sword. (-1 to your next roll)

Grow limbs.

[4-1=3]: You grow one leg... This won't help you grab the money, but hey, at least you can hop on one foot, while also being a Capri-Sun. That sure sounds exiciting!

Create a universe filled with constantly shape shifting, ever evolving monstrosities, all of which worship me as a god.

[2-1=1]: You instead create nothing, lose your powers, and get sent back to your original universe? Why? Because karma is a bitch. You destroyed this universe, you're gonna go down with it. (-1 to your next roll!)

Gather up legions of undead badass romans to fix hole in space and time and stop world collapse.

[1-1=0]: You instead lose your god powers, and your skeletons, realizing that you are a weak, easy target for them to sate their bloodlust, decide to massacre you! You must roll to dodge!

[4 for Skeletons/2 for Sandro]: You get cut up pretty bad by the skeletons, but not enough to kill you. You stumble over weak, and defeated. But you see your consciousness traveling... You know that even if you die in this universe, your mind will travel to another version of yourself somewhere, so you are never truly dead! (+1 to your next roll)

grab duct tape and seal the hole in reality.

[4]: You manage to duct tape the hole shut! Saving the universe temporarily! However, if the hole is not properly sealed within the next 2 turns, it will break the duct tape and destroy this universe and its inhabitants in the process.

Wander a round hell some more, look or interesting places to go and see.

[5]: You find a particularly interesting location. A singlular lava pit with a bridge leading to a single island, with a Dark Blade sitting within a hellfire rock. You can feel the power of the sword, the intensity of the souls that reside within it. You have 2 options with the sword, you can either pick it up, and wield it, or leave it there. The choice is yours.

Zero

"There are moments when a single snail can make the world go extinct. Reveal to me your full potential, Gary."

Teach Gary II how to use the full potential of his mind hacking abilities. Have him mind hack all of humanity, excluding myself, and order them to kill themselves.

[4-1=3]: You teach Gary II a few pointers on how he can use his mind control powers, but he doesn't really pay attention to you as he is playing with a pebble on the ground.

[4]: You do have Gary attempt to take control of all the humans within your general region, and have them kill themselves! They must roll to dodge!

[4 for Humanity/5 for Gary II]: Gary manages to kill 10% of the population of the humans in your region! The other 90% managed to resist the mind control as the signal was just too weak to reach them. At least 1% of your mission of human extinction is done.

CEASE THE SPIN, STABILIZE AND DRAW ALL PLAYERS INTO MAGMAVERSE TO PLAY MAGMABALL.

[3-1=2]: You don't try to stop flying through space, which means you can't draw all of the players into the Magmaerse as you have no clue as to where the Magmaverse is.

Delay my victory a bit so we're not sent back into our original collapsing dimension before the game ends. Find another reality to be "returned" to when this duel ends.

[6+1=7]: You manage to put the entire game on an indefinite hiatus, you don't know how you managed to do that with a card game, but it just works. By doing so though, you have left yourself and your rival stuck in this current dimension... So that's not good. (-1 to your next roll)

[5-1=4]: You find Universe 2837, a universe remarkably similar to your own to travel to after this battle is over, and you've rigged the game to send you there if you win!

Event: Apocalypse Prevented... For now.

You have 2 more turns to escape this universe or seal the hole before the rift destroys the universe, killing all of its current inhabitants. So,
 don't sit around drinking Capri-Sun all day! Get a move on!

Inning Finish!

Present Day... Heh...

Present Time... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Consider supporting my friends' SRPG project! I voice in the trailer!

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Batter Up! - A Minimalist Roll To Dodge (Inning Seven!)
« Reply #77 on: February 04, 2018, 02:16:17 am »

Might as well go and wield the dark blade, and examine it.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 04, 2018, 03:04:46 am »

Swing my way out of this universe, through sheer blunt force.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Secheral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 04, 2018, 03:05:53 am »

Grow MORE LIMBS.

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 04, 2018, 04:45:28 am »

obtain sewing equipment and sew the hole shut.
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 04, 2018, 06:05:06 am »

Apply super glue to the hole.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 04, 2018, 09:40:09 am »

Try to telepathically influence a nearby hiker or an animal to pick up my new blade body
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

GigaGiant

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering down at you
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 04, 2018, 02:57:04 pm »

Zero

"Gary, I will allow you to choose if humanity should perish. The fate of the world rests on your decision. What will you decide?"

Allow Gary to choose whether or not he will end all humanity.

If he chooses to do so, nod in approval and watch as humanity dies.

If he chooses not to do so, then teach Gary a lesson about the evils of mankind. Tell him how, every day, snails are unceremoniously murdered by evil humans who deserve no mercy.
Insert witty signature here

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
  • An avatar? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 04, 2018, 03:32:48 pm »

Ryden
Use him anyway, try to convince ocean there's a house rule that makes him legal.

Lovefool

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm just a man who enjoys a little fun.
    • View Profile
    • Backloggd Profile
Re: Batter Up! - A Minimalist Roll To Dodge (Inning Eight!)
« Reply #85 on: February 05, 2018, 12:27:56 am »

Get that hole sealed shut with FLEX TAPETM! Inning Eight!

Might as well go and wield the dark blade, and examine it.

[4+1=5]: You lift up the Dark Blade from its pedestal. It begins to glow a dark red, and grows to adjust to your fighting style. In this case, it became a Claymore, due to your past in baseball. This Dark Blade needs a name, so how about you give it one? (+1 to your next roll)

Swing my way out of this universe, through sheer blunt force.

[5-1=4]: You reopen the hole, tearing through it with your bat until you swing right out of the current universe. You have, yet again, screwed everyone over! Good work!

Grow MORE LIMBS.

[4]: You get 2 arms and one more leg. You now have a proper body to use to get the money I have placed all around you. You can also go exploring in my dimension.

obtain sewing equipment and sew the hole shut.

[5]: You sew the freshly opened cut in the dimension shut, sealing it and preventing everyone from dying! You have saved all of your friends... Who didn't leave the universe before you sealed it. Well, at least you saved most of your friends. (+1 to your next roll)

Apply super glue to the hole.

[3]: You manage to get up from the attack you experienced earlier, and put super glue on the sewn hole to make sure that it NEVER gets ripped again. Too bad some of your friends have already left through it... You wonder where they went.

Try to telepathically influence a nearby hiker or an animal to pick up my new blade body

[5-1=4]: You manage to connect to a nearby dog who picks you up. You possess the dog, and proceed to head to the nearest town/city you can find.

Zero

"Gary, I will allow you to choose if humanity should perish. The fate of the world rests on your decision. What will you decide?"

Allow Gary to choose whether or not he will end all humanity.

If he chooses to do so, nod in approval and watch as humanity dies.

If he chooses not to do so, then teach Gary a lesson about the evils of mankind. Tell him how, every day, snails are unceremoniously murdered by evil humans who deserve no mercy.

[1]: Gary decides that killing humanity is what you want to do, and that he is just being manipulated to kill them for you. Gary II suddenly gains all of the memories of his alternate counterpart, and remembers that it was you who squished him. Making your point about snails being murdered by humans invalid, as you  are a human, who has killed a snail. Gary II decides to use his mind powers on you! You must roll to dodge!

[5 for Gary/6 for Zero]: You manage to block Gary's telepathic powers out by thinking of all of the killing you could be doing right now. You get ready to attack Gary II for his insubordination.

Ryden
Use him anyway, try to convince ocean there's a house rule that makes him legal.

[2-1=1]: You don't manage to convince him, and instead, the Batter Up! gods whisk you away into the underworld for your crime of cheating the game. Cheater Cheater Pumpkin Eater, I always say... But pumpkin pie is delicious, so that makes no sense. Well, you're in Card Game Hell now, enjoy your stay! (-1 to your next roll)

Inning Finish!
Present Day... Heh...

Present Time... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Consider supporting my friends' SRPG project! I voice in the trailer!

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
  • An avatar? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 05, 2018, 12:34:40 am »

Ryden
Escape card game hell to another universe.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2018, 12:36:59 am by Puppyguard »

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 05, 2018, 12:38:08 am »

Take myself to a farmer, or maybe a barber
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 05, 2018, 01:05:28 am »

Jump through, to another universe.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 05, 2018, 01:36:38 am »

Perform dark ritual to become lich once more.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12