Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12

Author Topic: Batter Up! - A Minimalist Roll To Dodge (Inning Fifteen!)  (Read 19827 times)

Lovefool

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm just a man who enjoys a little fun.
    • View Profile
    • Backloggd Profile
Re: Batter Up! - A Minimalist Roll To Dodge (Inning Four!)
« Reply #45 on: January 31, 2018, 10:36:51 pm »

It's time to D-D-D-DD-DD-DUEL! Inning Four!

Go into a berserker rage and hit anything and everything with my bat. MUST. IMPROVE. SWINGS.

[5]: Your face gets red, your blood boils, and your grip on the bat tightens.

"I AM GOING TO IMPROVE MY SWINGS GOD DAMN IT, AND NOBODY IS GOING TO STOP ME!!!!"

You swing your bat, hitting various objects around you, ranging from chairs to trees. Finally, you wind up right next to someone, you proceed to swing the bat rapidly at: Secheral! Secheral must roll to dodge!

[1 for Secheral/6 for NRDL]: You split Secheral's head wide open, covering you in blood, and leaving Secheral body-less again. Welp, looks like we have another murderer on the loose. But at least your swing has improved tremendously (+1 to your next roll)

Ryden
Try to reverse the damage done to John by accusing ocean of cheating.

The GM fixes this by making things as they should be, by reverting John's health to its max, and dealing one damage to Matt.

[1]: You attempt to accuse Ocean of cheating, but because the GM fixed the error, you wind up looking like a fool. Embarrassment is at an all time high, I pity thee. (-1 to your next roll)

Infuse ZOMBIE BABE RUTH with the spirits of all other deceased baseball greats to create the ULTIMATE BASEBALL ZOMBIE

[3+1=4]: You infuse Zombie Babe Ruth with the spirits of the many deceased baseball greats, excluding Joe DiMaggio, causing the zombie to become the Penultimate Baseball Zombie! That's still pretty good though.

RESPAWN AS SOME KID

EQUIP CATCHER'S MITT AND HEAD TO NEAREST EMPTY BASE, OR PITCHER'S MOUND IF NOT OCCUPIED

[5]: You respawn as a handsome young man, who can run rather fast, and pitch like you wouldn't believe. We've got a star player on our hands here. (+1 to your next roll)

[1+1=2]: However, you don't head to any of the bases. You decide, like all of the other lazy bums, to sip a Capri-Sun. It's god's gift to mortals, why wouldn't you wanna drink it?

Rummage through everyone's belongings in search of gold.

[2]: You cannot do this as you have died again, so you lack a body that would allow you to be able to take that gold.

Sandro

Use dark magic to create phylactery and ascend to lich.

[6+1=7]: PERFECT! You don't just use your dark magic to ascend to create phylactery and ascend to lich, You use it to become a DARK GOD. You are now the Dark God of Necromancy, allowing you to revive all of the dead and use them as you see fit. You can also use creation powers, as well as eradication spells, like Ultima. But, with great power, comes great responsibility. Be sure you use your powers responsibly. (-1 to your next roll)

Zero

Repeat previous action

Zero

Have Gary mind hack the nearest player into doing my bidding. If the player struggles and demands a reason for my actions, simply tell them that my motives are complex. Order this player to kill themself.

[5+1=6]: You attempt to have Gary take over someone's mind, however, the snail is tired of being pushed around. So he decides to take over your mind. You must roll to dodge! (-1 to your next roll)

[4 for Gary/6 for Zero]: You squish Gary underneath your boot before he can attempt to control you, sadly, this means the end of the brilliant snail's life... Rest in Peace Gary, you will be missed.

is your turn to throw the ball.

Not gonna lie, I don't understand what this means, but whatever I'm just gonna roll with it.

[4]: You go back to playing baseball, pitching the ball at the batter, and the leotard is actually helping in making you have a faster pitch. So I'd say everything is pretty ok.

Run and get some distance between me and the other players as they are all crazy.

[1-1=0]: You try to run again, but you wind up tripping and falling down a long, hard, spike filled staircase all the way back to hell. I guess you have unfinished business here. Welp. You need to head to the top of the mountain again, and talk to that Prince of Darkness or whatever. Good luck with that. (+1 to your next roll)

Kill skeletons with Cannon Bash!

[2]: You decide, "Nah, skeletons are cool", and let the skeletons continue their jig. I guess that your capri-sun is that good then, I mean, it is the drink of the gods.

Continue the duel. Make the enemy fear for his life, so he will be distracted and misplay.

The duel continues. The two card players begin making a dash at each other. They must roll to dodge!

[6 for John/2 for Matt]: Matt takes a bunt to the face, giving him 2 damage. He only has 1 base left before he is annihilated, John is left unscathed.

[2+1=3]: You try to terrify Ryden, but he is too distracted by winning to really notice. You do wind up making him feel slightly uncomfortable because of the weird expression you're holding on your face, but not much else.

Event: Another Murder!

NRDL has just killed Secheral! 2 murders in one day?! This is ridiculous! A hero must stop this madness, and save us all from these terrifying killers!

Inning Finish!
Present Day... Heh...

Present Time... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Consider supporting my friends' SRPG project! I voice in the trailer!

Secheral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Batter Up! - A Minimalist Roll To Dodge (Inning Three!)
« Reply #46 on: January 31, 2018, 10:47:37 pm »

Respawn as a Capri-Sun.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 31, 2018, 10:55:52 pm »

Go! My Penultimate Baseball Zombie! Grand Slam Attack! (Have my zombie attack a Capri-Sun sipping bum)
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
  • An avatar? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 31, 2018, 11:33:02 pm »

Ryden
Intimidate Ocean into forfeiting the duel and moving to alaska.

GigaGiant

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering down at you
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 31, 2018, 11:34:53 pm »

Zero

"May you rest in peace, Gary. Life is simply unfair."

Find a wheelchair and take a seat. Then pretend to be mute, blind, and deaf, so that nobody thinks I'm a threat. While everyone ignores me, continue plotting new evil plans.
Insert witty signature here

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 01, 2018, 04:07:37 am »

cast mass revival to bring back to life all the dead in the area.
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 01, 2018, 06:25:16 am »

SWINGS! SWINGS FOR THE BASEBALL GOD! BREAK THE VERY FABRIC OF SPACE AND TIME WITH MY SWINGS!
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 01, 2018, 07:13:24 am »

Climb back up the hell mountain and avoid all the traps again.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 01, 2018, 08:25:28 am »

Raise legions of badass undead romans.

Lovefool

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm just a man who enjoys a little fun.
    • View Profile
    • Backloggd Profile
Re: Batter Up! - A Minimalist Roll To Dodge (Inning Five!)
« Reply #54 on: February 01, 2018, 10:49:30 pm »

Inning Five!

Respawn as a Capri-Sun.

[5]: You respawn as a Capri-Sun, but not just any Capri-Sun, you respawn as this Capri-Sun

Spoiler: Gigantic and Sideways. (click to show/hide)

That's right, you spawn as the very Capri-Sun that is in my hand at this very moment. Don't you feel honored? You have ascended to meta levels, you're double cool for that. (+1 to your next roll)

Go! My Penultimate Baseball Zombie! Grand Slam Attack! (Have my zombie attack a Capri-Sun sipping bum)

[6]: You send the Penultimate Baseball Zombie out to attack, but... it forgot that you were it's master and it proceeds to attack you! You must roll to dodge!

[5 for the Penultimate Baseball Zombie/1 for TamerVirus]: The Penultimate Baseball Zombie gets a Dugout Double Combo on you, knocking you fast first into some nearby concrete... This snaps your neck. You are now dead. At least you're a ghost, but that isn't much better. (-1 to your next roll)

Ryden
Intimidate Ocean into forfeiting the duel and moving to alaska.

[6-1=5]: You successfully attempt to intimidate Ocean into forfeiting the duel, Ocean must roll to not be a coward dodge!

[2 for Ocean/3 for Ryden]: You manage to spook Ocean enough that he decides to pull back Matt. Leaving him defenseless and ready for an attack from John!

[5 for John/3 for Ocean]: Ocean takes 2 damage to his person! He only has 2 bases left before it is game over!

(+1 to your next roll)

Zero

"May you rest in peace, Gary. Life is simply unfair."

Find a wheelchair and take a seat. Then pretend to be mute, blind, and deaf, so that nobody thinks I'm a threat. While everyone ignores me, continue plotting new evil plans.

[2-1=1]: You find a wheelchair alright, a wheelchair that falls right down a flight of stairs right in front of the main street! A car is about to hit you! You must roll to dodge!

[4 for the car/6 for Zero]: You manage to dodge out of the way just in time, but that doesn't stop that experience from haunting you from now on. (-1 to your next roll)

[1-1=0]: You attempt to plot new evil plans, but that is when the Prince of Darkness himself casts you down to hell, why?, for manipulating and ending the life of an innocent snail! You dirty criminal, Snail Murder is one of the highest offenses a mortal can claim. You are sent to the pit where King Zultan is about to climb the mountain. This inspires you to try an escape hell as well. Good luck with that. (+1 to your next roll)

cast mass revival to bring back to life all the dead in the area.

[2]: You do not cast mass revival, which means you don't bring any dead people back. Sad... Well, here's a Capri-Sun for your troubles.

SWINGS! SWINGS FOR THE BASEBALL GOD! BREAK THE VERY FABRIC OF SPACE AND TIME WITH MY SWINGS!

[4+1=5]: You swing so god damned hard, that you tear a hole into the fabric of space/time. Causing this universe to begin collapsing in on itself.

Good job, you've just screwed over the universe!

Also, congratulations on making a surprise callback to the original Batter Up!, whether unintentional or not, this action is very similar to something that happened around the fifth or so inning of that version of the game, So GJ in doing that.

Climb back up the hell mountain and avoid all the traps again.

[1+1=2]: You don't climb up the mountain at all. You just sit there, disappointed that you've been sent down to hell, again.

Raise legions of badass undead romans.

[5-1=4]: You raise an entire army of undead Romans from the ground, they are ready for combat!

STORY EVENT: ESCAPE FROM THIS DIMENSION!

NRDL has torn a hole into the fabric of space-time, causing this dimension to collapse in on itself! You might think that everything is hopeless, but you still have a chance to survive! Just travel to any universe of your choosing, and do it within the next two innings... Or else you die! So get going

If you die, you will lose all of your current abilities. Those trapped in hell do not need to worry about this event, you are outside of the universal boundries. Secheral is also safe as he is outside of the game, in my hand, as we speak.
Present Day... Heh...

Present Time... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Consider supporting my friends' SRPG project! I voice in the trailer!

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 01, 2018, 10:51:55 pm »

Leap through the rip in the universe and travel somewhere with aliens. Any universe with aliens.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 01, 2018, 10:59:25 pm »

Possess the umpire!
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

GigaGiant

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering down at you
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 01, 2018, 11:19:57 pm »

Zero

"I have no use for this timeline."

Kill myself. Respawn as a version of myself from an alternate time line where I never killed Gary.
Insert witty signature here

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 01, 2018, 11:28:38 pm »

Accuse Ryden of cheating, and turn this match around!
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
  • An avatar? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 01, 2018, 11:47:33 pm »

Ryden
Encourage john to pummel ocean.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12