Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Author Topic: Vintage Story - I Can't Believe It's Not TerraFirmaCraft  (Read 14058 times)

Shooer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Vintage Story - I Can't Believe It's Not TerraFirmaCraft
« Reply #30 on: January 29, 2018, 04:28:44 am »

A game based on 1.7 Terrafirma Craft  Count me in, as in I have already purchased and played and explored the area around the new spawn area on Mephisto's server.

I'll probably settle in some cave in the local area.  So much available native copper that I'm practically choking on in.

Asgarus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 29, 2018, 09:09:04 am »

Sounds interesting. Is TFC2 still being worked on? Last I saw, progress has been kinda slow.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 29, 2018, 09:14:49 am »

Another question for the current players: How up-to-date would you like the server to be? Always bleeding edge? Update when the update adds big changes?

1.5.0.1 is out. Among other things, it fixes an issue where you can't walk up stairs and removes your screen shake when someone else gets hurt.

I haven't upgraded. We're still on 1.5.0. Given the speed of development, I didn't want people to have to install a new version every few days to a week unless they're okay with it.

Sounds interesting. Is TFC2 still being worked on? Last I saw, progress has been kinda slow.

Some people on the Vintage Craft Discord were talking about this yesterday. There have been no commits on GitHub since last summer. They suspect Bioxx is on hiatus.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 29, 2018, 10:13:47 pm »

Man, I kind of want to drag all of my stuff there and set about lighting up the place.

Hey, people who have PTW'd. Would you play (on my server, on the official server, offline, or somewhere else entirely; doesn't matter) if you received a free copy? I've currently got two Humble gift links. Ask and one is yours.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2018, 10:22:44 pm by Mephisto »

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 29, 2018, 11:33:12 pm »

As long as it doesn't make me sick like recent versions of Minecraft, I would love to play.

(Versions before Minecraft ~1.5-1.6 don't seem to make me sick, but newer versions do. No one can seem to figure out why... It isn't a problem with other voxel games, so there is a good chance I'll be ok here too)
« Last Edit: January 29, 2018, 11:38:03 pm by milo christiansen »
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

FakerFangirl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
« Reply #35 on: January 29, 2018, 11:45:57 pm »

You might like Staxel if you like this.
"Should we call a beak dog a gobbo doggo?" - Relevant_-_-Username

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 30, 2018, 12:32:41 am »

Well, aside from the view bobbing (that seemingly can't be turned off), and the wolf in the little beginners enclosure that some kind soul constructed, things seem to be off to a great start!

EDIT: Go Me! I killed the wolf my little flint axe! I'll just dump the hide, fat, etc in this chest these baskets here and anyone who wants it can come get it.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2018, 12:38:13 am by milo christiansen »
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 30, 2018, 12:52:44 am »

PTW!
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 30, 2018, 02:01:22 am »

First session went pretty well, I found 4 copper bits (I marked the spot where I found them with a few dirt pillars, I'll maybe look around there some more tomorrow), made myself a full set of 4 reed baskets, found a decent supply of flint, and killed a few of those damn pigs (almost died twice).

Amusingly, the one pig died on the first hit, must be he had attacked someone else (and been driven off) earlier.

Anyway, I now have a bit of food, and am a bunch of tree cutting and charcoal burning away from my first metal tool!

So far this is pretty fun, every bit as good a TFC, albeit with slightly less content (although what is there is more consistent, seeing as it isn't a mod). I have a feeling that this will shape up to be a really nice game, far surpassing its inspiration.

Shooer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 30, 2018, 03:41:44 am »

After much searching I have produced some bronze.  I've placed a bronze anvil in my place (Stone building on the small hill) and have a few spare bars of bronze if anyone wants to go and get some iron and skip the hunt for casserterite/zinc+bismuth.

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm just here, because actually I don't know*shrug
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 30, 2018, 09:28:44 am »

Posting to watch this alleged shitshow.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 30, 2018, 09:49:46 am »

Enterprise server hardware is the shitshow, not the game.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 30, 2018, 10:14:22 am »

I am now the proud owner of a copper pick. I guess I need to get ready for some delving.

Is shaft mining viable in this game, or are caves the only way that really pays? In TFC small rocks of a given ore on the surface is an indication of ore of that type underground, so if I sink a shaft where I found most of my copper will I be likely to find anything?

Also, charcoal is really, really slow. I need to do some serious lumbering.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 30, 2018, 10:31:53 am »

I don't know about viable but an individual on the VS Discord was discussing Y-18 exploratory shafts. He found limonite that way. I imagine you'll be missing the majority of the veins, though.

Here's an "x-ray" that individual did:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

And more info, straight from the dev himself:

Quote from: Tyron
fyi, surface ores are an indicator to deposits below and shaft mining a decent/rich deposit located with a prospecting pick usually pays off

So if you're used to the TFC way, your thought was right on.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2018, 10:39:05 am by Mephisto »

Scripten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 30, 2018, 10:39:37 am »

Man, I kind of want to drag all of my stuff there and set about lighting up the place.

Hey, people who have PTW'd. Would you play (on my server, on the official server, offline, or somewhere else entirely; doesn't matter) if you received a free copy? I've currently got two Humble gift links. Ask and one is yours.

If there's a spare copy, I'd be very happy to try this out. I don't play any Minecraft save for TFC these days and this looks good.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7