Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Necromancer training room  (Read 712 times)

Nefarian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Necromancer training room
« on: January 25, 2018, 01:22:44 pm »

I have captured a necromancer and i'm trying to build a training room, but i'm having some trouble doing so.

For some reason the necromancer refuses to reanimate anything. He's stuck behind fortifications he's NOT in a cage and the corpses future-traning-dummies are right next to him.

I've also tried with glass/gem windows, same result.  No resurrection.

Any idea why he isn't reanimating them? Should i have my crossbow dwarves shoot him once or twice?

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
Re: Necromancer training room
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2018, 01:27:39 pm »

Necromancers only resurrect the dead when they are fighting something so you would need to drop a dog or a dwarf in there for him to reanimate anything.

Nefarian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2018, 01:33:52 pm »

Necromancers only resurrect the dead when they are fighting something so you would need to drop a dog or a dwarf in there for him to reanimate anything.

That's what i was thinking but i wasn't sure, thank you. The only problem is that the only pets i have in the fort are giant cave spiders. Time to throw some Crundles down there, i guess

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2018, 04:29:56 pm »

They don't have to actually fight, only get scared enough. Having something seen though windows or fortifications at a sufficiently short distance should be enough. There's a recent thread on the forum where a description of a working setup is provided.

Staalo

• Bay Watcher
  • It's all for the betterment of Dwarfkind - honest!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2018, 06:15:58 pm »

In my experience having a member of militia visible to the necromancer has been enough to trigger reanimation, but it might take one or two game days before they react. I'm guessing spending too much time with only zombies as company makes you really, REALLY slow-witted.
Kasmko Taldequihu, Human Criminal corrupted zombie is visiting.
Mong Todsporro, Human Criminal death zombie is visiting.

Uhhh... welcome?

Nefarian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2018, 08:07:31 pm »

In my experience having a member of militia visible to the necromancer has been enough to trigger reanimation, but it might take one or two game days before they react. I'm guessing spending too much time with only zombies as company makes you really, REALLY slow-witted.

Yes, i can see that they aren't the brightest beings out there. I managed to make it work by adding 2 giant cave spiders next to him, constantly shooting webs (he's far enough to not get webbed) but he has zombie-level reaction times.

I'm going to give some necromancer friends to him, so they can all become necrobuddies and raise more training dummies together. 3 slow-witted minds are better than one.

Insert_Gnome_Here

• Bay Watcher
  • Dosen't really care about anything anymore.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2018, 03:25:20 am »

Now you can farm the GCS silk, too.
Quote from: Max™ on December 06, 2015, 04:09:21 am
Also, if you ever figure out why poets/bards/dancers just randomly start butchering people/getting butchered, please don't fix it, I love never knowing when a dance party will turn into a slaughter.

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2018, 11:55:34 am »

Hmmm, what would happen if you had  the corpse pile between the GCS and necromancers... Would it be possible to instantly web the reanimated corpses?
Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2018, 12:35:47 pm »

Hmmm, what would happen if you had  the corpse pile between the GCS and necromancers... Would it be possible to instantly web the reanimated corpses?
And that's how mummies were invented
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Staalo

• Bay Watcher
  • It's all for the betterment of Dwarfkind - honest!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2018, 02:18:05 pm »

They would get webbed only after moving one square. Cage traps would be better as they'll snare the zombies immediately when they reanimate.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2018, 02:21:50 pm by Staalo »
Kasmko Taldequihu, Human Criminal corrupted zombie is visiting.
Mong Todsporro, Human Criminal death zombie is visiting.

Uhhh... welcome?