Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Bins  (Read 507 times)

mirrizin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Bins
« on: January 23, 2018, 11:43:24 am »

Not sure this is a bug, but I've got a problem with huuuuge heaps of used armor from goblins, and stockpiles that for some reason aren't being binned appropriately. I've got bins. The stockpiles allow bins, but for some reason teh armor is still being stacked up piecemeal, which results in either a crazy multiplicity of armor stockpiles, or piles upon piles of old goblin armor littering the field and clogging up my weapon traps.

Advice?

deathpunch578

• Bay Watcher
  • local satanist practices black magic in cornfields
    • View Profile
Re: Bins
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2018, 12:31:56 pm »

try removing the stockpile and remaking it

it could also be that there are not enough bins to use at the stockpile (all bins being hauled to a furniture stockpile can not be used until they have been put in the stockpile)
Someone hands you a basketful of Jeses.
Cheerful with a side of wink wink nudge nudge I bet this guy's spine would look great mounted on my wall.
You ever get so mad you fuck a donkey?

anewaname

• Bay Watcher
  • The mattock... My choice for problem solving.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2018, 12:58:55 pm »

Check your stockpile to ensure you didn't toggle the 'u'sable flag. Goblin-sized gear is same size as dwarf-sized gear.

Also, binned stockpiles will collect the items continuously but slowly (one dwarf will collect 10+ items, then carry them to the stockpile's current bin, then another bin will be carried to the stockpile, and another load of items will be carried to the new bin, but only one dwarf does this at a time, compared to how a binless stockpile will have 5 dwarfs run off to each carry one item back).

My goblinlite collection process uses an armor/weapon stockpile that only accepts the first three quality levels, so the gear crafted for my dwarfs does not get carried there.
Quote from: dragdeler
There is something to be said about, if the stakes are as high, maybe reconsider your certitudes. One has to be aggressively allistic to feel entitled to be able to trust. But it won't happen to me, my bit doesn't count etc etc... Just saying, after my recent experiences I couldn't trust the public if I wanted to. People got their risk assessment neurons rotten and replaced with game theory. Folks walk around like fat turkeys taunting the world to slaughter them.

Loci

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2018, 03:05:11 pm »

Check that "Reserved bins" in the stockpile menu is set to 0.