Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8

Author Topic: Spamduchies! (5/5 Dukes) (4/15+ Minor Characters)  (Read 9141 times)

UristMcChladni

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Spamduchies! (5/5 Dukes) (0/13+ Minor Characters)
« Reply #30 on: January 24, 2018, 01:01:43 pm »

I'd be happy to join as either the Masked Kobold or a local hero who is determined to drive the kobolds out. It sounds like an interesting subplot to be a part of.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
Re: Spamduchies! (0/5 Dukes) (0/??? Minor Lords)
« Reply #31 on: January 24, 2018, 01:19:48 pm »

Duchy of Oboson
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Ok, so with that updated with the heir, anything else I need to do? Or am I good for now as far as mechanics and can move on to RP?

Also, I dabble in pixel art and map making. If you'd like assistance with map making. R. Oboson is a novice cartographer and could assist The GM God with that.

Yeah. Actually. I really mucked up Count Ryan somehow. His castle should actually hit on the 4, 5, or 6-o hearts.

As for map making, if you are volunteering, I won't say no.

I'm thinking most of the map should be a blank grid, with labeled rows and columns so I can easily tell you exactly where I want you to put new stuff in the future.  Leave lots of open space for exploration.

Position player sites around the edge of the map, as close to equidistant to each other as possible. All sites belonging to each player should be clustered close together.

The Rebel Kobold Camp should be clustered in with The Shalesbury Islands (which are not actually islands anymore thanks to the land shuffling). Hostile NPC sites can be black.

The Run Down Guild Hall should be pretty close to the center of the map. Lets go with gold for non-hostile NPC sites.

I'd be happy to join as either the Masked Kobold or a local hero who is determined to drive the kobolds out. It sounds like an interesting subplot to be a part of.

If you want to play a hero looking to drive the Kobolds out, I'd suggest the above-mentioned Count Ryan Oboson. He is a benevolent count in one of the duchies dealing with Kobold issues, so he'd likely be highly motivated to help his duke and subjects deal with the situation. Just write up a brief backstory for whomever you wish to join as. Feel free to be creative with it, and don't feel obliged to give me a wall of text. If you want The Masked Kobold, you can give him an actual name if you wish.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2018, 01:21:36 pm by Weirdsound »

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 24, 2018, 01:43:53 pm »

Name: Threndim
Threndim is a Wizard. Where's he come from? Where does he go? The answer to all of them is "I don't know".
He wanders the land, a tall elderly man with a long white beard. He wears brown robes with various pockets, with a tall, pointed, wide - brimmed blue hat. He is... Very old, and has wandered the world, helping people here and there, and giving council to various kings, nobles, etc. He has also outlived all of them. He also also failed to turn up to most of their funerals. He's surprisingly strong, and carries a very long walking stick. He also carries a small wand.
Beyond creating fires, manipulation of air, and teleporting, he doesn't actually have much magic under his belt. Most of his success just comes from knowing quite a bit about the world, as well as meeicinal knowledge.
He is overall a serious, grumpy figure, but isn't immune to cheerfulness entirely. He's also a high - functioning alcaholic, as tends to happen to people who've lived for so long that most of their old friends are dead. He likes to read and write, and he carries a lot of books everywhere with a satchel.
He doesn't like being in the centre of attention, but instead prefers to help from the sidelines.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

UristMcChladni

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 24, 2018, 01:48:34 pm »

If you want to play a hero looking to drive the Kobolds out, I'd suggest the above-mentioned Count Ryan Oboson. He is a benevolent count in one of the duchies dealing with Kobold issues, so he'd likely be highly motivated to help his duke and subjects deal with the situation. Just write up a brief backstory for whomever you wish to join as. Feel free to be creative with it, and don't feel obliged to give me a wall of text. If you want The Masked Kobold, you can give him an actual name if you wish.
Nugzob the Masked Kobold it is.

Description: He is slight of build, even for a kobold, but his hide shows scars from years of dangerous work. His success in rallying his kin to his cause has been in part through charisma and adoration, as many of those who serve him have heard the stories of his time under King Awesomus, often from his own mouth, and in part through fear of him, particularly that it is unsafe to express dissent even to loved ones, a sentiment derived from the same stories. While the global uprising that the kobolds have begun may be scattered, and contain many purposes, Nugzob has one, clear purpose. To elevate kobolds from the creatures of forests and caves to the status of denizens of a castle. He has seen through his years as a spy both the massive benefits derived from an organized society working towards economic and technological advancement, and how fragile and easily stolen those benefits are.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 24, 2018, 02:01:47 pm »

Name: Threndim
Threndim is a Wizard. Where's he come from? Where does he go? The answer to all of them is "I don't know".
He wanders the land, a tall elderly man with a long white beard. He wears brown robes with various pockets, with a tall, pointed, wide - brimmed blue hat. He is... Very old, and has wandered the world, helping people here and there, and giving council to various kings, nobles, etc. He has also outlived all of them. He also also failed to turn up to most of their funerals. He's surprisingly strong, and carries a very long walking stick. He also carries a small wand.
Beyond creating fires, manipulation of air, and teleporting, he doesn't actually have much magic under his belt. Most of his success just comes from knowing quite a bit about the world, as well as meeicinal knowledge.
He is overall a serious, grumpy figure, but isn't immune to cheerfulness entirely. He's also a high - functioning alcaholic, as tends to happen to people who've lived for so long that most of their old friends are dead. He likes to read and write, and he carries a lot of books everywhere with a satchel.
He doesn't like being in the centre of attention, but instead prefers to help from the sidelines.

Yeah. You can't make up a character completely from scratch. Sorry. You have to join as one of the characters already in play. You should still have pleanty of creative freedom; Most of them are little more than a name, personality, and trait at this point.

Nugzob the Masked Kobold it is.

Description: He is slight of build, even for a kobold, but his hide shows scars from years of dangerous work. His success in rallying his kin to his cause has been in part through charisma and adoration, as many of those who serve him have heard the stories of his time under King Awesomus, often from his own mouth, and in part through fear of him, particularly that it is unsafe to express dissent even to loved ones, a sentiment derived from the same stories. While the global uprising that the kobolds have begun may be scattered, and contain many purposes, Nugzob has one, clear purpose. To elevate kobolds from the creatures of forests and caves to the status of denizens of a castle. He has seen through his years as a spy both the massive benefits derived from an organized society working towards economic and technological advancement, and how fragile and easily stolen those benefits are.

That is good. You are in.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
Re: Spamduchies! (5/5 Dukes) (1/13+ Minor Characters)
« Reply #35 on: January 24, 2018, 02:11:33 pm »

Are the players the ones who make the new characters, or do they pre - exist? I can find no list, although there are many player made ones, but I might as well be sure.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 24, 2018, 03:02:57 pm »

They are not yet all organized into one list. You can pick from any of the Counts found under the various duchy spoilers, or any of the hostile NPC Kobolds found in the "NPC Affairs" spoiler of my last big post. (Except for the Masked Kobold. He's been taken.)

Doubloon-Seven

• Bay Watcher
  • You fool. You absolute buffoon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 24, 2018, 04:32:29 pm »

Shalesbury Islands

That should all be correct. Anyhow, Masked Kobold- break a leg!

Avanti!

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 24, 2018, 05:25:28 pm »

Shalesbury Islands

That should all be correct. Anyhow, Masked Kobold- break a leg!

You can take the mill construction project off your sheet. The Masked Kobold beat you to building in the chosen spot. It will make a bit more sense once we have a map.

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 24, 2018, 06:44:09 pm »

Alright, just incase I screwed up, I made two of these. Both of whom are under the same duke. If I made any mistakes let me know, otherwise, I'll probably coinflip to see which I pick if both are acceptable.

EDIT: Kristov is free to use by anyone, I'm using Monica, also made a minor edit for the character's heights which I made by rolling dice, 3 for Kristov, 2 for Monica...I rolled fairly high with both.

« Last Edit: January 24, 2018, 08:59:00 pm by piratejoe »
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 24, 2018, 06:51:16 pm »

Alright, just incase I screwed up, I made two of these. Both of whom are under the same duke. If I made any mistakes let me know, otherwise, I'll probably coinflip to see which I pick if both are acceptable.

Either of those is good.

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 24, 2018, 06:56:46 pm »

Flipped a coin 3 times, Komrade Kristov being heads,Just Monica being tails. I got tails, tails, and heads. So I think you know who I'm going with.
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

Pavellius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 24, 2018, 07:52:48 pm »

I turn Mane Manor's hit into material.

Duchy of Strognar

Flipped a coin 3 times, Komrade Kristov being heads,Just Monica being tails. I got tails, tails, and heads. So I think you know who I'm going with.
It's not like there was ever a choice :)
« Last Edit: January 24, 2018, 11:07:38 pm by Pavellius »

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 24, 2018, 08:31:18 pm »

I turn Mane Manor's hit into material.

Duchy of Strognar

It's not like there was ever a choice :)

Can you note that Monica is played by piratejoe on your sheet?

Doubloon-Seven

• Bay Watcher
  • You fool. You absolute buffoon.
    • View Profile
Re: Spamduchies! (5/5 Dukes) (2/13+ Minor Characters)
« Reply #44 on: January 24, 2018, 10:50:13 pm »

Weirdsound, I did remove the mill site.

Avanti!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8