Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8

Author Topic: Spamduchies! (5/5 Dukes) (4/15+ Minor Characters)  (Read 9128 times)

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
Re: Spamduchies! (5/5 Dukes) (2/13+ Minor Characters)
« Reply #45 on: January 24, 2018, 10:52:40 pm »

Weirdsound, I did remove the mill site.

Huh. My brain must have seen the two 'l's in 'village' and jumped to a radically inaccurate conclusion. Don't GM while in class kiddos.

Pavellius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Spamduchies! (5/5 Dukes) (1/13+ Minor Characters)
« Reply #46 on: January 24, 2018, 11:08:16 pm »

Can you note that Monica is played by piratejoe on your sheet?
Done.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 24, 2018, 11:30:16 pm »

I shall take the name of Count Ryan Oboson, defender of the weak and slayer of evils, etc.

The young Count Oboson is rather ill-suited to be a vassal, sometimes placing his strange theories about "the greater good" and "helping the people" and "not enforcing punitive taxation to fund banquet dinners for the aristocracy" ahead of his duty to comply with his older brother's ducal proclamations. Although his newfound parental duties now consume much of his caring energy, he still insists on personally commanding the garrison of the Castle Upon the Vale in what he calls "their righteous fight against injustice". The new father's mop of auburn hair frames a youthful face bearing an understated tattoo, the purple sigil of the Oboson family, while his body is thin from a lifetime of giving too much of his food away to others.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 25, 2018, 02:39:47 pm »

I shall take the name of Count Ryan Oboson, defender of the weak and slayer of evils, etc.

The young Count Oboson is rather ill-suited to be a vassal, sometimes placing his strange theories about "the greater good" and "helping the people" and "not enforcing punitive taxation to fund banquet dinners for the aristocracy" ahead of his duty to comply with his older brother's ducal proclamations. Although his newfound parental duties now consume much of his caring energy, he still insists on personally commanding the garrison of the Castle Upon the Vale in what he calls "their righteous fight against injustice". The new father's mop of auburn hair frames a youthful face bearing an understated tattoo, the purple sigil of the Oboson family, while his body is thin from a lifetime of giving too much of his food away to others.

You are in. Roboson, please note that Spin is playing Count Ryan on your sheet.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2018, 02:43:52 pm by Weirdsound »

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Spamduchies! (5/5 Dukes) (3/13+ Minor Characters)
« Reply #49 on: January 25, 2018, 02:40:56 pm »

Updated.

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 27, 2018, 04:45:31 pm »

I get the feeling Nuclear whale might be a bit delayed...or just not noticed that the game is waiting on him, so...bumb
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 29, 2018, 03:46:37 pm »

I get the feeling Nuclear whale might be a bit delayed...or just not noticed that the game is waiting on him, so...bumb

Nuke is actually my brother, so if we are waiting on him, I can just bug him. We were waiting on me to work out a few final back end mechanics things, which I just finished. I'll bug him when he gets back home from work tonight, and hopefully things can start moving tomorrow.

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 29, 2018, 04:04:29 pm »

Alright, also, you said you needed a map, right? I can make a basic terrain map for you if you want. I would consider myself good at making maps since I made a few in the past and think they turned out well. Unless of course you already have that worked out and done.
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 29, 2018, 04:05:58 pm »

Alright, also, you said you needed a map, right? I can make a basic terrain map for you if you want. I would consider myself good at making maps since I made a few in the past and think they turned out well. Unless of course you already have that worked out and done.

That has been taken care of.

nuclearwhale

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Spamduchies! (0/5 Dukes) (0/??? Minor Lords)
« Reply #54 on: January 29, 2018, 11:31:56 pm »

Halfpipe Duchy
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Get food from castle T-hawk

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 30, 2018, 02:06:20 am »

Map:

Everybody look at the map. The things that are in your color are your things. Please decide which of your castles is which.

Year 2 - Preparation Phase:

The following events happen every preperation phase in the following order -

1: Each duke has the opprotunity to add any card banked as wealth in a keep under his/her control to his/her hand. Nobody has any banked wealth yet, so lets skip this...

2: Each duke is dealt five cards from the deck. Here we go!

Cards Dealt to the Halfpipe Duchy, as played by nuclearwhale:
Jack-o-Clubs
Jack-o-Spades
5-o-Hearts
6-o-Clubs
7-o-Spades

Cards Dealt to the Duchy of Talis as played by Taricus:
9-o-Diamonds
10-o-Diamonds
4-o-Diamonds
Queen-o-Spades
7-o-Clubs

Cards Dealt to the Duchy of Strognar as played by Pavellius:
Black Joker
2-o-Diamonds
Jack-o-Hearts
6-o-Hearts
2-o-Spades

Cards Dealt to The Shalesbury Islands as played by Doubloon-Seven:
4-o-Hearts
Jack-o-Diamonds
Queen-o-Clubs
8-o-Spades
8-o-Diamonds

Cards Dealt to The Duchy of Oboson as played by Robson:
Ace-o-Hearts
4-o-Spades
10-o-Clubs
7-o-Diamonds
4-o-Clubs

Year 2 - Action Phase:

During the Action Phase, Dukes interact with the world, and order their underlings to do the same, by shuffling cards back into the deck.

Types of Characters and Actions -

Trading Cards for Actions -

Special Actions -

Military Travel Time Rules -

Tips -

UristMcChladni

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 30, 2018, 12:24:03 pm »

It may be wise to deal ignore the Kobolds early. They have a finished camp they can work to gain might, which the players do not yet have. Unless you have a unit of Might in your inventory, you will be on even strength with the Kobold you choose to fight definitely aren't a threat to you, so ganging up on the little bastards with multiple characters may be prudent you might even consider giving them gifts in the form of good discards.
FTFY

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 30, 2018, 12:51:11 pm »

Please discard a good chunk of those diamond cards Please discard a good chunk of those diamond cards Please discard a good chunk of those diamond cards...

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 30, 2018, 06:47:12 pm »

Alright. Going by the lack of activity here, it would seem you guys need an example.

Lets pretend that I control Duke Nothing of Nonexistance, who in turn has two vassals: Count Falsehood and Count Sample

Year 2 - Preparation Phase:

Cards Dealt to the Duchy of Nonexistance, as played by Weirdsound:
Ace-o-Clubs
4-o-Clubs
5-o-Diamonds
10-o-Hearts
King-o-Spades

My biggest problem here is that I have a King-o-Spades. I do not want to discard it, especially since I know there is a Joker going to the discard which will make matters worse. A King, however, represents 13 months of work, and I'm not allowed command counts by using cards that would bring their workload over 12 months; Therefore I have to use it on my Duke. I don't feel like picking any fights, so I will invent some freeform military action for my Duke to peruse. Even though I can assign my Duke with a card that would bring him above 12 months, the laws of time will only allow him to work 12 max.

Next, I have a need for material. It is early in the game, and I have nothing except my starting buildings and construction sites. An Ace can represent either 1 or 12 months of work, and a club can be used to assign a Resource Extraction special action at a quarry. With this in mind, I can and should set one of my counts to get digging for stone.

Looking at my remaining cards, I think I would like to discard the four-o-clubs and the five-o-diamonds. Discarding the former will make my quarry hit and provide even more material, and I feel like being nice to Piratejoe, who wants me to discard the later. This leaves me with one count left and a 10-o-Hearts to use on him. The babymaking special action can only be attempted with a 9 or higher of hearts, and I'm not going to be dealt those cards every turn, so I might as well go for it now. Because I am using a 10 of hearts, babymaking is attempted for 10 months.

My Action Phase Post would Look Like This:
The King-o-Spades is used to assign Duke Nothing the task of hosting a mighty jousting tournament at his castle for 12 Months!
The Ace-o-Clubs is used to assign Count Falsehood to preform Resource Extraction at the Quarry for 12 Months!
The 10-o-Hearts is used to assign Count Sample to commence Babymaking for 10 Months!
« Last Edit: January 30, 2018, 06:49:24 pm by Weirdsound »

Pavellius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 30, 2018, 07:10:37 pm »

Thank you for the example. I am now writing my turn. However, I'm not sure which construction site is my camp, and which is my village. Also, what zones on the map are already explored?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8