Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 45

Author Topic: The Masked League Of Lucha Liberty: "Gentle Persuasion"  (Read 78317 times)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: The Masked League Of Lucha Liberty: Doomblade's Infinite Misfortune
« Reply #255 on: April 27, 2018, 07:45:44 am »

We're supposed to Bring Malo in, right? HAP will look for what's left of Malo, but not to the point of going through any sealed bulkheads. Otherwise, Hap's ready to return to the Fist of Justice!

Spoiler: train cars so far (click to show/hide)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: The Masked League Of Lucha Liberty: Time for Tea
« Reply #256 on: April 27, 2018, 09:36:46 am »

Okay, posting my sheet now since I didn't want to come in when it was 90% done and get a level up for doing basically nothing.

Spoiler: "Theme aspects" (click to show/hide)
Gimmick : 1
Weakness: 4 (it will come up a lot, no doubt)
Signature: 3 (Whats the time limit on this?)

Welcome!

We're supposed to Bring Malo in, right? HAP will look for what's left of Malo, but not to the point of going through any sealed bulkheads. Otherwise, Hap's ready to return to the Fist of Justice!

Spoiler: train cars so far (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: El Escuchador (click to show/hide)

Those civilians in the back cars still need help, right? Let's go wake them up and then skedaddle.
Join El Escuchador in waking up the civilians. Evanescence optional. Then let's look for robo-clues and go back to base.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Golden Star gives a loud sigh of relief when the train fully stops. He's sweating and shaking a lot, but his smile continues to be as bright as the sun.

"Ha ha ha! I a-actually had everything under c-control all along! Justice always prevails! Golden Star!"

When they wake up the hostages, go greet them and pose heroically while the cameras take photos, boasting about how I stopped the train. Give them a handshake and my autograph.
Spoiler: Golden Star (click to show/hide)
Most of the group wanders back into the passenger cars, intent on waking the sleeping hostages via gentle shaking or passionate emo ballads. HAP Watches them go, something on his mind. He hops off the train and walks down the tracks towards the bulkhead door. He finds it a few miles down; it is effectively an enormous steel wall that has slid into place to block off the tunnel.  He puts his hand on it, looking at it thoughtfully.

"Golden Eagle, are you there?"

"Confirm."

Whats the tunnel integrity at right now?

"The tunnel failed several minutes ago. Automated repair drones are already at work."

"Can you tell me what the cause of the failure was?"

"Analyzing drone data....It appears something drilled or smashed its way out from the inside."

"Was their any sign of Malo?"

"Nothing has been found on either side, repair drones do not report any interaction."

Hap looks from the bulkhead to the ceiling, imagining the vast ocean beyond.

"Keep an eye out for him, Golden Eagle. I don't think we've seen the last of him."

Mission complete! Everyone level up! A selection of available crises to deal will will be coming up soon! Right after this commercial break!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LmhIizQQol0

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: April 27, 2018, 09:58:54 am »

Reminder on what leveling up does, from Da Rules:

Leveling Up: Whenever a Luchador or group of Luchador’s defeats a major threat, the masks they’re currently wearing level up. This gives them one more point to put into whatever stat they want, or to increase the level of their Gimmick or Signature by adding new things or making existing capacities more powerful.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: April 27, 2018, 11:01:01 am »

Upgrading my smarts from 4 to 5 with the level up.

Name: Golden Star
Description: A black mask with a big and very bright golden star covering the frontal part of it. It comes with a black martial arts Gi with a golden belt. The suit also includes a golden cape with a star pattern that is always waving in the wind, even indoors.

Gimmick: Famous [2]: The iconic suit is exactly the same as the one used by the superhero protagonist in the global hit movie "Star of Justice". This does absolutely nothing remarkable, but maybe it will attract more fans and extra acclaim from the masses when doing heroic, noncombat actions like: doing heroic poses, heroic entrances/escapes, helping a cat stuck in a tree, heroic smiling at the camera, heroic boasting to the enemy, etc.
Weakness: Fight? [5]: Wait, you mean REAL fighting? Golden Star doesn't know how to perform any type of attack but basic punches, and these are even weaker than those of a normal human. He's incredibly weak in strenght and terribly unskilled in combat, with a high tendency to self-injury.
Signature: Punch of Justice! [5]: Golden Star calls upon the power of every single fan around the universe and uses all of their strenght for a single, ultimate attack. He punches the enemy with the strenght of a thousand suns, completely obliterating everything in it's path. The attack deals massive damage to anything it connects with and destroys anything it collides with. It takes some time to wind up, leaves the user exhausted and it's destructive potential doesn't discern between ally or enemy.

Name: Bruce Norris
Description: Sligthy muscular man with a blond Afro and a mustache.

Power: 1
Speed: 5
Intelligence: 5
Technique: 1
Teamwork: 3
Body: 5

HP: 450/750 (Do we autoheal this to full between missions?)
Acclaim: 23
Inventory:
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

SamSpeeds

• Bay Watcher
  • ah ah ah oooh yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: April 27, 2018, 11:14:53 am »

Spoiler: El Esuchador (click to show/hide)

Leveling body! 2-3!

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: April 27, 2018, 02:06:32 pm »

Spoiler: Threnody (click to show/hide)

Upgrading Teamwork to 4!
« Last Edit: April 27, 2018, 03:33:46 pm by Doomblade187 »
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #261 on: April 27, 2018, 03:16:39 pm »

Yes, you heal between missions.

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: April 27, 2018, 06:26:25 pm »

Spoiler: Graceful Ninja (click to show/hide)

As for a time limit... I don't know, three rounds? I'm not sure how to balance this.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=177472.0
Roll to Multitask, seeking new players.
Yeah sorry, someone blew up a street in my state and took the internet down for multiple days with it.
This really happened. 2020 was wild.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #263 on: April 27, 2018, 06:32:59 pm »

Spoiler: Graceful Ninja (click to show/hide)

As for a time limit... I don't know, three rounds? I'm not sure how to balance this.
Don't worry about balancing it. Just know that if it lasts very long I'll increase the cost. For 3 turns, that's fine.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: April 28, 2018, 02:33:49 am »

Nice mission Epilogue.
Upgrade Power 3 -> 4

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #265 on: April 28, 2018, 12:29:09 pm »

One short hyperjet ride later, Back on the Hand of Fate...

El Ultimo stands before the group as a hologram, looking down on them from his metallic pedestal. His face is set, features visible even beneath the mask, in a contemplative grimace.

Using the train to attack the United States because of the mistreatment of robots. Hmm. He mutters to himself, nodding. Exactly the sort of mad nonsense you can always expect from his kind.

El Ultimo opens his eyes and stares down at the group, his eyes nothing but a pair of glowing golden embers beneath a heavy brow.

I sent you out with the express purpose of capturing this madman and bringing him in. You return empty handed. When given the chance to pursue your target or stay with the train, you said with the train. You ignored your mission, you allowed a madman to escape, you jeopardized your acceptance into this league for the sake of that train. 

His expression softens into a smile.

I could not ask for better Luchadors.

The hologram feed cuts from him to footage of the passengers being taken off the train by emergency personnel and med-bots. It zooms in on tired, but relieved faces.

Never forget what you fight for. Never forget why you are here. To do the right thing is not always easy. It is not always wise. But it is RIGHT. It is JUST. Never forget. Never waiver. You are Luchadors. You are the hope of the world. The feed zooms in on a child. You cannot hear what he's saying, but he smiles and shakes an action figure of El Ultimo about, jumping around at his parent's feet. Do not let them down.

The feed cuts out and the holoprojector shuts off with a hiss. A moment later the intercom cuts on and announces the advancement of all members of the team from junior provisional member to full member of the league.

Days pass, a few fan letters drift in, and your injuries heal.

The danger monitor in your shared room beeps on suddenly one evening, flashing red with white "WARNING!" text. A moment later it displays the following

WARNING!
SEVERAL EMERGENCIES HAVE BEEN REPORTED! ALL LUCHA TEAMS, PLEASE RESPOND!

1. ROAD RAIDERS ARE ATTACKING MOTOR CITY! STOP THEM!
2. UFO'S HAVE BEEN SPOTTED OVER DOWNTOWN SHINDIA! INVESTIGATE!
3. NINJAS HAVE KIDNAPPED THE PRESIDENT'S DAUGHTER! SAVE HER!
4. KNOT TOWN HAS VANISHED FROM THE MAP! INVESTIGATE!

ENTER TEAM SELECTION: _

A keyboard slides out from a space under the monitor.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: April 28, 2018, 12:44:50 pm »

2! UFO sounds interesting.

Also, reply to my fan mail while waiting for the mission the start.

Spoiler: Golden Star (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 28, 2018, 08:31:40 pm by randomgenericusername »
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: April 28, 2018, 01:20:21 pm »

"Hmmm, a town vanishing? The HMRC will probably investigate that. The President's daughter? That sounds like a job for Leon Kennedy or Snake Plissken. Wouldn't want to step on their toes.

I suppose Mad Max could use help with that Thunderdome thingy, or

... unidentified? You mean we don't know what they are? That sounds just like me! Not knowing stuff is what I do best, besides Lucha Punching!"

HAP votes either 1 or 2. If this vote is a tiebreaker, go with 2.

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Masked League Of Lucha Liberty: Choose your own Adventure
« Reply #268 on: April 28, 2018, 02:48:29 pm »

VOTE: 2

Spoiler: "Graceful Ninja" (click to show/hide)
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=177472.0
Roll to Multitask, seeking new players.
Yeah sorry, someone blew up a street in my state and took the internet down for multiple days with it.
This really happened. 2020 was wild.

SamSpeeds

• Bay Watcher
  • ah ah ah oooh yeah
    • View Profile
Re: The Masked League Of Lucha Liberty: Choose your own Adventure
« Reply #269 on: April 28, 2018, 08:29:10 pm »

Spoiler: El Esuchador (click to show/hide)

2! Yeaaahahhhhhgugh
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 45