Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12

Author Topic: Your most complicated artifact?  (Read 9350 times)

Janus

• Bay Watcher
  • huffi muffi guffi
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Fortress File Depot
Re: Your most complicated artifact?
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2006, 05:54:00 am »

Kâkdalthan Zilirkobem, "Brimscrosses the Eternal Troubles", a bonobo leather armor

This is a bonobo leather armor. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is studded with gold and encircled with bands of bonobo leather, cave spider silk, Tower-cap and Obsidian. This object menaces with spikes of bonobo leather, green glass, and silver. On the item are images of cats in mandrill bone.

So, to recap what he took to make it: bonobo leather (X3), gold bar, silver bar, cave spider silk thread, Tower-cap logs, Obsidian, green glass, and mandrill bones.

It's worth 63,600, my most valuable artifact so far.

My least valuable is a cave spider silk cap with two decorations both consisting of cave spider silk worth 7200. :-P

[ October 19, 2006: Message edited by: Janus ]

Tomas asked Dolgan, "What place is this?"
The dwarf puffed on his pipe. "It is a glory hole, laddie. When my people mined this area, we fashioned many such areas."
     - Raymond E. Feist, Magician: Apprentice  (Riftwar Saga)

Zurai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2006, 07:34:00 am »

"This is an iron crown. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is decorated with Pig tail and encircled with bands of Jet, cave spider silk and turtle shell. This object menaces with spikes of iron. On the item are images of dwarves in iron. On the item are images of groundhogs in Turquoise. On the item are images of dwarves in Aquamarine. On the item are images of rat weed in green glass."

3x iron, pig tail, turquoise, aquamarine, green glass, jet, turtle shell, cave spider silk. By far my most complicated artifact ever successfully completed. Worth $73k and some change.

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2006, 06:53:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Janus:
<STRONG>My least valuable is a cave spider silk cap with two decorations both consisting of cave spider silk worth 7200. :-P</STRONG>

I think I can beat that with "Schist Mechanisims encircled by bands of Schist."

thats a pretty schisty artifact.

Wahnsinniger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2006, 09:30:00 pm »

Roderator Usirakil Ilush, "Baldnesschopped the Glacial Points of Carnage", a platinum idol.

This is a platinum idol. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is studded with platinum. This object menaces with spikes of platinum. On the item are images of cave  spiders in platinum. On the item are images of dwarves in Sapphire.

Basic Value: 240000

Worth approximately 11% of the total wealth of my fortress.

Rondol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2006, 10:50:00 pm »

That's a lot of platinum.

On the construction of the artifacts: I've noticed that the artifact gets one decoration of the same material as the artifact itself. So basically if your dwarf grabbs a piece of rock and nothing else, you'll get a rock item with rock decorations. I geuss the first item gets used twice somehow...

lay IVAN -- Fear Dwarves!

Maximus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2006, 11:15:00 pm »

Yep, I noticed the same myself, just added it to the wiki.

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2006, 07:13:00 pm »

yeah, but mine were fancy schist bands.  the artifact was made from TWO pieces of schist.  we dont spare any expense, in THIS high class fort...

Janus

• Bay Watcher
  • huffi muffi guffi
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Fortress File Depot
« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2006, 03:15:00 am »

Not my most complicated, but a rather amusing one from the new version:

Ilbådathel Arothtekkud, "Guilerings the Magical Picks", a tiger leather high boot
This is a tiger leather high boot. All craftsdwarfmanship is of the highest quality. It is decorated with turtle shell and encircled with bands of cat leather, cave spider silk, Aventurine and Rope reed. This object is adorned with hanging rings of Onyx and menaces with spikes of tiger leather.

Basic Value: 22200 ☼

Yep, a single boot. :-)

Tomas asked Dolgan, "What place is this?"
The dwarf puffed on his pipe. "It is a glory hole, laddie. When my people mined this area, we fashioned many such areas."
     - Raymond E. Feist, Magician: Apprentice  (Riftwar Saga)

Maximus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2006, 07:25:00 pm »

I just got a 10-item artifact that also just barely broke the price record:

Estiltharnas, "Whirledslayers", a platinum goblet.

It is encrusted with Diamond, studded with platinum and encircled with bands of Pig tail.   This object menaces with spikes of ratman bone and Gneiss.  On the item are images of dwarves in platinum.  On the item are images of bloated tubers in platinum.  On the item are images of dwarves in Tower-cap.  On the item are images of dwarves in cave spider silk.

Value: 248400

As soon as I saw she wanted cut gems, I cut a diamond for her and made sure my cheap gems were locked up in a window.  Unfortunately, I overlooked some aventurine which she made a beeline for, so I dismantled the shop it was in (which de-tasked the gem), and had a jeweler encrust something with it to get rid of it.

Yes, I'm greedy.   :D

[ October 24, 2006: Message edited by: Maximus ]

Tremain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 30, 2006, 05:46:00 pm »

"This is an Oaken amulet.  All craftdwarfship is of the highest quality.  It is decorated with Oak and turtle shell and encircled with bands of silver, turtle shell and dog bone.  This object menaces with spikes of Oak.  On the item are images of sweet pods in Oak.  On the item are images of dwarves in turtle shell.  On the item are images of Longland grass in Onyx.  On the item are images of giant bats in hoary marmot leather."

It took like 10 items, though i dont know how to check its value.  That dwarf sure fit a ton of images in one amulet.

MJ working

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 30, 2006, 06:07:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Janus:
<STRONG>Not my most complicated, but a rather amusing one from the new version:

Ilbådathel Arothtekkud, "Guilerings the Magical Picks", a tiger leather high boot
This is a tiger leather high boot. All craftsdwarfmanship is of the highest quality. It is decorated with turtle shell and encircled with bands of cat leather, cave spider silk, Aventurine and Rope reed. This object is adorned with hanging rings of Onyx and menaces with spikes of tiger leather.

Basic Value: 22200 ☼

Yep, a single boot. :-)</STRONG>

As I'm sure it is either a left or a right boot, maybe it is either made for a specific amputee, or to be awarded to the first such amputee like a "purple heart" ?
:D

I do like that one.

Wahnsinniger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 30, 2006, 06:25:00 pm »

quote:
Value: 248400

Darn You Maximus!!

Maximus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 31, 2006, 01:06:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Tremain:
It took like 10 items, though i dont know how to check its value.  That dwarf sure fit a ton of images in one amulet.

Find the dwarf that created it, highlight the item, enter.  25200.

SnowWhite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 05, 2006, 08:54:00 pm »

"This is a silver toy boat.  All craftdwarfship is of the highest quality.  It is studded with silver, decorated with Tower-cap and cave lobster shell and encircled with bands of Aquamarine and zinc.  This object menaces with spikes of silver.  On the item are images of sweet pods in Tower-cap.  On the item are images of large roaches in cave spider silk.  On the iem are images of minotaurs in Opal."

Ingredients:
2 galena
2 tower cap logs
cave spider silk cloth
rough aquamarine
cave lobster shell
opals
sphalerite

Made by:
"Logen Mistemsakrith likes Limestone, Opal, Mangrove, Pig tail Fabric, greaves, dogs for their loyalty and minotaurs for their hornes.  ... He absolutely detests large roaches."

I'm envisioning the aquamarine-eyed minotaurs baiting their lobstershell traps with sweet pods to lure in the roaches and stab them to death with silver and zinc.  

If I never made coins and therefore don't have a bookkeeper, is there a way to find out how much it costs?

quot;...we literally tore a hole in the mountain, and slept in the mud for THREE YEARS while we waited for these tower caps to grow, and you come dancing in here, clutching your grass and berries like you''re Armok''s Sodding Gift To Dwarves, and tell us

Maximus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 05, 2006, 10:59:00 pm »

http://dwarf.lendemaindeveille.com/index.php/Decorations

It's a toy, which costs 10, and all decorations cost 10, too.

silver x10
silver x10
tower cap x1
cave lobster shell x2
aquamarine x20
zinc (unknown)
silver x10
tower-cap x1
cave spider silk x2
opal x20

?

add those all together = 760