Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12

Author Topic: Your most complicated artifact?  (Read 9357 times)

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
Re: Your most complicated artifact?
« Reply #90 on: December 16, 2006, 07:30:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Azeral:
<STRONG>Everybody who reaches legendary in a skill I rename after one of the people I know on a MUD I frequent; I use full nickname replacement so no traces of the original name are left. I also tend to play-by-play hilights of the game (especially artifacts) to certain channels on that MUD, since people like to hear about the sieges and artifacts and other such interesting things.</STRONG>

I do the smae thing in a MUD I frequent  ;). I got at least 2 other people to play DF already.

Retro42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: December 16, 2006, 07:35:00 pm »

Not the most impressive point-wise, but easily my most significant artifact to date.

Algast, WeightCleaves, A Jet Coffin

This is a Jet Coffin. All Craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality.  It is encrusted with Opal, decorated with Jet and encircled with bands of Jet.  This object menaces with spikes of Copper.
On the item is an image of a dwarf and a dwarf in Pig Tail Cloth.  The dwarf is striking down the dwarf.

Just a little back history to go with it.  During my first immigration the group was ambushed by Elephants.  One Mason sustained massive injuries to his lungs/legs/body.  He stayed bed-ridden until going beserk about 2 seasons ago.  I had my sworddwarf squad station by his door and they killed him as he started coming out of his bed-room in full view of almost my entire city.

A completely appropriate artifact I gotta say!

Retro

ricemastah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: December 22, 2006, 12:12:00 am »

not my most complicated... but the first in my new fortress! first wave of immigration.. like 20 people... one of hte jewelers gets a mood and all of a sudden! artifact rose quartz table! o right!

short_dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: December 22, 2006, 10:37:00 am »

Ok this is my most complicated one i had now.

Metalsmith took over a forge and needed 2 cassiterite, marble blocks, limestone blocks, rough chrysoberyl, granite blocks, and cave fish bones. Made Kulalnomal Fesh Gesis, Wonderedstaves the Wings of Sinew, a bronze amulet.

This is a bronze amulet. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest qulity. It is studded with tin, decorated with cave fish bone and encircled with bands of chrysoberyl. On the item is an image of a elephant in tin. The elephant is making a plaintive gesture.

[ December 22, 2006: Message edited by: short_dwarf ]

Courage. Do one brave thing today, then run like H#ll.
Insanity: What others call geniuses when they are jealous and/or unable to comprehend the ideas/inventions of amazing/epic proportions of the one being called insane.

Rondol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: December 22, 2006, 08:06:00 pm »

The ELEPHANT is making a plaintive gesture? "Please don't kill me Mister Dwarf, I really didn't mean to trample all your friends..."

Also, I'm wondering how he made bronze with nothing but cassiterite.

lay IVAN -- Fear Dwarves!

short_dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: December 24, 2006, 03:55:00 pm »

casserite is the ore needed mainly for bronze though usually it is for tin and just now i have my legendary engraver who got a to such a skill from engraving my fortress single handed so far in my fortress's 3 years of living and will soon become legendary in another job. I believe it will be either stone or bone crafting though im confident it will be stone. I will post the artifact when it finishes.
Insanity: What others call geniuses when they are jealous and/or unable to comprehend the ideas/inventions of amazing/epic proportions of the one being called insane.

short_dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: December 24, 2006, 04:06:00 pm »

3 moonstone, cave fish bones, rough chrysoberyl, rough adventurine

Rubalorbur Murakthatthiloth
Gillheros the Bold Autumnal Knot
a moonstone amulet

This is a moonstone amulet. All craftdwarvship is of the highest quality. It is decorated with moonstone. This object menaces with spikes of moonstone, chrysoberyl, and adventurine. On the item is an image of humans and dwarves in moonstone. The humans are speaking with the dwarves. On the item is an image of dwarves in cave fish bones. The dwarves are laboring

...My legendary engraver got no other legendary skill from this even though he got fey mood. His strength went from mighty to ultra mighty though. The other skills may have gone up but i cant tell its the top form   :D

GrimmSweeper

• Bay Watcher
  • Tome of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: December 24, 2006, 08:08:00 pm »

Usually I get artifacts that are fairly straight-forward. The requirements tend to be four or five different objects and that's that!

Not so today. My crazy Metalsmith claims a Magma Forge and grabs...
3 hematite
2 turtle shell
1 Jet Block
2 cave fish bones
1 rough Opal
1 Pig Tail Cloth

in order to complete Kalanast Aval Estil (Trailsabre the Love of Whirling), an iron high boot! :S

All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is studded with iron, decorated with cave fish bone and encircled with bands of iron, turtle shell and Opal. This object menaces with spikes of iron and cave fish bone.
On the item is an image of elves and dwarves in turtle shell. The elves are speaking with the dwarves.
On the item is an image of a bolt in Pig tail.

The elves weren't on speaking terms with my fortress recently, so I'm wondering where he picked that up.

Twas a possession too, so I gained nothing from it aside from an expensive toy.

Rakoth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: December 28, 2006, 07:07:00 pm »

Togalrecus
"Stormthirsts"
An Oaken animal trap

This is an oaken animal trap.  All dwarven craftsmanship is of the highest quality.  It is studded with copper, decorated with Oak, and encircled with bands of rock crystal.  On the item is an image of a Mangrove tree in Oak.  On the item is an image of waves in Onyx.

I don't know why, but this is my favorite thus far.

Curses!  And no Legendary carpenter.

[ December 28, 2006: Message edited by: Rakoth ]

Gibby

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: December 30, 2006, 04:35:00 am »

I've no idea how complicated it is yet, but I just had a dwarf that lost both his eyes in a ratman ambush. Assuming he can stay conscious long enough to make it I'm interested if any images on it will relate to his attack.

BlueDestiny

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: December 30, 2006, 04:46:00 am »

A blind dwarf making an artifact? Now that's some quality spite

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: December 30, 2006, 05:10:00 am »

Especially when you consider that he wouldn't have been able to see the battle that he's making images of..

Gibby

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: December 30, 2006, 05:20:00 am »

He managed to put it together, but it turned out rather boring. No images, just used 2 glass 1 tin bar. Got my hopes up that it'd be more interesting considering his recent maiming.

And now I have a pretty much worthless blind legendary. He conks out every 10 steps or so.

Gibby

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: December 30, 2006, 06:53:00 pm »

I've just realized he no longer falls unconscious randomly after going legendary. Maybe it's related to being Unbelievably Tough?

PrinzMegaherz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: January 01, 2007, 08:14:00 am »

Edosashak Enolnoglesh Amud, "Amazedtimes the Grizzly Savage of Thunder"

This is a Rope reed head veil. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. it is decorated with cave fish bone and encircled with bands of Rope reed and Limestone. it is made from Rope reed cloth. This object menaces with spikes of Rope reed.

On the Item is an image of dwarves and dwarves in Rope reed. The dwarves are speaking with the dwarves.
On the Item is an image of a demon in turtle bone. The demon is cringing.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12