Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12

Author Topic: Your most complicated artifact?  (Read 9358 times)

DirewolfX

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Your most complicated artifact?
« Reply #75 on: December 05, 2006, 02:03:00 pm »

This one is worth sharing:

abirmamgoz, "Romanceddragons", a Pig tail loincloth

This is a Pig tail loincloth.  All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality.  It is decorated with Pig tail and dog bone and encircled with bands of Pig tail and cat leather.  It is made from Pig tail cloth.
On the item is an image of dwarves and dwarves in Jet.  The dwarves are speaking with the dwarves.

Now THAT'S some sexy lingerie...

bbb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 05, 2006, 02:57:00 pm »

pig tail and cat leather.... they sure have it the wrong way around..

my last piece of artifact had a picture (or whatever it was) of the previous artifact being made.. heh

awdball

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 06, 2006, 10:55:00 am »

My favorite so far, not my most complicated but favorite because this was like second year in a map with sparse trees, 1-5 seem to mature each year, and I didn't have the magma smelter yet so it cost me many wood just to find the correct metals:
=================================
Tekkud Melbilshalig. Child
Tekkud Tomebridle
Creator of Stodir Usur.

This is a Tower-cap cup. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is decorated with Tower-cap and encircled with bands of silver, turtle shell and opal. This object is adorned with hanging rings of silver and menaces with spikes of Tower-cap.
=================================

The topper was of course that immediately after finishing it the young lad went to get a drink.

I'm just saddened the blocks of schist and of marble didn't make it into the description.

The parts list went TowerCap logs x 2, silver bars x 2, schist blocks, turtle shell rough opal, and marble blocks.

I like to call it the sippy cup of doom.

[ December 06, 2006: Message edited by: awdball ]

Zengief

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 06, 2006, 12:26:00 pm »

are you sure it was a cup and not a grail?  :)

Kalo Foxfire

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 08, 2006, 01:34:00 pm »

Total price was 68400.

ricemastah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 08, 2006, 03:38:00 pm »

Shammanmosus. "Manyrooms", a gold chain

it is encircled with bands of gold. this object is adorned with hanging rings of obsidian and menaces with spikes of gold, deer leather, and zinc. on the item is an image of dwarves and dwarves in gold. the dwarves are speaking with the dwarves. on th item is an image of dwarves in fox bone. the dwarves are laboring.

basic value: 152400

i also got a puzzle box(?) worth a little more... but seriously how can a chain mence with spikes... of  deer leather?? thats not very menacing!!

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 08, 2006, 07:49:00 pm »

I just had a 168,000 1er.  Anyone had more?

My Jeweler grabbed a rough Emerald, and made "Paperdays, the Lush Satins of Silence, a Emerald window.
This is a Emerald window.  It is encrusted with Emerald.

Plus he got Jeweller, not gemcutting, so I get to encrust stuff with exceptional Ruby decorations and such.

wait a second.. 168,000?

ahh, right.  window, 25*40*120 + 10*40*120 for "encrusted with Emerald"

-edit-  Just had another artifact.. a 10 item steel scepter featuring, among other things, "menaces with spikes of green glass, deer bone, clear glass, rope reed and red spinel"

Now that's one scepter I wouldn't mess with.

short_dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 09, 2006, 12:22:00 am »

not really a complicated (took one opal only) but i find the description funny.

This is an opal chain. All craftdwarfship is of the highest quality. On the item is an image of a dwarf in opal. The dwarf is melting.

The dwarf has one twisted mind.

Courage. Do one brave thing today, then run like H#ll.
Insanity: What others call geniuses when they are jealous and/or unable to comprehend the ideas/inventions of amazing/epic proportions of the one being called insane.

Sheez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 12, 2006, 06:33:00 pm »

Got my first artifact today, so I suppose this is my most complicated. Even though it's nowhere near some of these other ones. Also, it's thematically appropriate.

Uthartirist Dakon, "The First Rim of Omen", a tin crown

This is a tin crown. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is decorated with cave crocodile leather. This object menaces with spikes of tin.

There are two great things about this crown. The first? The dwarf grabbed raw ore and smelted it without the use of a smelter, or fuel of the standard sort? What did he melt it down with, as I did not have a furnace up and running at the time? My guess, pure dwarvish spite. That said, my world is somethingsomethingcomplicated, the Land of Omen, so it seems particularly appropriate.

[ December 12, 2006: Message edited by: Sheez ]

How much war could a warforged forge if a warforged could forge war?

Azeral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 13, 2006, 03:06:00 am »

I'm sitting on a save where the dwarf is in a strange mood that requires nine items. Leather Works. He has nearly all of them...except a 'rough gemstone'.  I have every gem available except diamonds, the colored diamonds, and the types of glass beyond raw green.

I've backed up the save out of sheer curiosity, so I'm just rampantly tunneling around right now trying to find a diamond, then I'll load that save up, tunnel to it pre-insanity, and see if that's it. It may be cheating, but this is by far the most complicated artifact I've ever had and I'm overcome with curiosity. I also intend to set up a kiln and quickly attempt to create the other types of glass just in case, whilst my miners work on finding that diamond.

I will find out what this artifact is, damnit.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 13, 2006, 04:59:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Sheez:
There are two great things about this crown. The first? The dwarf grabbed raw ore and smelted it without the use of a smelter, or fuel of the standard sort? What did he melt it down with, as I did not have a furnace up and running at the time? My guess, pure dwarvish spite.
/QB]

That's normal.  Not only that, they can turn sphalerite into zinc, and they can make steel from raw hematite.

Rondol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 13, 2006, 05:01:00 am »

Be sure to let us know what it was. What has he gathered so far?
lay IVAN -- Fear Dwarves!

axus

• Bay Watcher
  • Axe Murderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 13, 2006, 01:39:00 pm »

I'm willing to bet its the raw clear or crystal glass.  But, I have lost a jeweler when I had everything but colored diamonds, so it still could be that.  This was even before I reached the lava, which kind of sucked.  I wonder if it could be amber, jade, or the other unattainables.

quote:
Originally posted by Azeral:
<STRONG>I'm sitting on a save where the dwarf is in a strange mood that requires nine items. Leather Works. He has nearly all of them...except a 'rough gemstone'.  I have every gem available except diamonds, the colored diamonds, and the types of glass beyond raw green.
</STRONG>

I haven't had anything too special lately, the first artifact I made in my current game was a cave spider silk and cave lobster shell loincloth... The name had Sullen Fish in it.  She's now a legendary clothier... >_>

My other artifacts have pictures of the loincloth.  

I've got an engraver making a legendary craft with 2 onyx, spider silk cloth, leapord leather, chrysoberyls, copper ore, and pig tail cloth.  He stopped grabbing things before I figured out to make the pig tail cloth, I didn't know that Farmers Workshop made pig tail thread until I read the wiki.

OK, he finished the artifact, its an onyx mug.  With a picture of the amulet the last dwarf made.  The amulet had the picture of the loincloth ;p  I guess my next artifact will have a dwarf raising a mug.  He turned into Legendary Engraver, I was hoping for a stonecrafter but I'll just have to settle for lots of neat pictures.

[ December 13, 2006: Message edited by: axus ]

Scribble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: December 16, 2006, 02:32:00 am »

My legendary mason was striken with a fey mood,causing me endless anxiey as he shuttled across the fortress collecting an endless variety of odds and ends for whatever inspired design was possessing him. While ultimately sucessful, the creation did not seem to further his already impressive skills or talents. But ultimately he could hold aloft Atridnamash 'Blossombrews' the marble coffer with the greatest of pride:

It was decorated with bands of brass, tutrle bone and red spinel, it menaces with spikes od marble, zinc and copper and is decorated with hanging rings of giant bat leather and flint. On the item are images two dwarves in marble, one dwarf is making a plaintiff gesture, the other dwarf is laughing (and holding an iron hammer behind his back), on the item are images of elves speaking to dwarves in Marble, they are speaking. On the coffer are images of dwarves in turtle bone, the dwarves are travelling. It also has a small, sad story: one image in rose quartz shows a cave crocodile tearing apart a poor dwarf fisherman, but next to it in clear glass a dog strikes down the wretched reptile.

Some coffer eh?

Azeral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: December 16, 2006, 07:06:00 am »

Everybody who reaches legendary in a skill I rename after one of the people I know on a MUD I frequent; I use full nickname replacement so no traces of the original name are left. I also tend to play-by-play hilights of the game (especially artifacts) to certain channels on that MUD, since people like to hear about the sieges and artifacts and other such interesting things. Near the beginning of the game, one of my dwarves made a pretty crappy artifact cedar scepter. It was my first artifact of this fortress, though. I went ahead and named the new legend Johan, after one of the aforementioned people.

Years, sieges, and eight artifacts came and went in that time, including an extremely simple artifact (one of my dwarves was possessed, grabbed an emerald, and locked himself in one of my shops, coming out with an emerald goblet encircled with bands of emerald) that happened to be worth 96,000 despite its simplicity, thus far my most expensive one. Anyhow, a child in my fortress  was just possessed (he was already a full-fledged grower from harvesting, amusingly) and, well, I'll let the results speak for themselves:

Kizestlisid, "Zealclash," a marble amulet. This is a marble amulet. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is decorated with turtle shell and encircled with bands of marble, cedar, dog bone and green glass. This object menaces with spikes of talc. On the item is an image of a dwarf and a cedar scepter in marble. The dwarf is raising the cedar scepter. On the item is the image of a dwarf in chrysoberyl. The dwarf is dead. On the item is an image of a dwarf in green glass. The dwarf is withering away.

Needless to say, Johan is not pleased by this prophecy. I did, however, get an extremely agile, extremely tough, legendary child stonecrafter out of the deal, though. It's also my most complicated artifact thus far, at 9 items. The previous artifact I was going to scum I gave up on quite some time ago because there's no way I could build the proper buildings and make non-green glass in time.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12