Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12

Author Topic: Your most complicated artifact?  (Read 9352 times)

Rondol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Your most complicated artifact?
« Reply #45 on: November 20, 2006, 08:27:00 pm »

I'm curious how you portray that the scepter in a piece of art is made of Limestone, without actually using any limestone.
lay IVAN -- Fear Dwarves!

Maximus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 20, 2006, 10:47:00 pm »

flap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 21, 2006, 03:41:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by AlStar:
<STRONG>I'd imagine so - all the images I've seen have been connected in my game. I'd imagine his are: death of a hunter, arrival of the dwarven caravan, and the making of an artifact.
</STRONG>

So now, we need to try to understand the signification of the different symbols ! It really is great.

Even if I am somewhat concerned that the game is growing growing and growing, maybe too quicly compared to the evolution to the interface, we have to admit that there really is something artistic in it !

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 21, 2006, 01:20:00 pm »

Maximus..

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 26, 2006, 03:31:00 pm »

Just got a neat artifact: Danarros, "Couplethrower", a platinum drum

This is a platinum drum. All craftdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is studded with platinum, decorated with plump helmet and encircled with bands of platinum, turtle shell, rose quartz and chimera leather. This object menaces with spikes of rose quartz and turtle shell.
On the item is an image of a dwarf and a tentacle demon in platinum. The tentacle demon is striking down the dwarf.

Basic Value: 264000* (making it, by far, the most expensive artifact I've ever made)

I was thrilled when my dwarf decided to go for the chimera leather (left over from a bugged human caravan.)

I was less thrilled when he went for the plump helmet cloth (from the same caravan) instead of the adamantine cloth that was also right there.

Dumatoin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 27, 2006, 11:16:00 pm »

Emenok, "The Strong Fingers", a Limestone drum.

This is a Limestone drum. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is decorated with Limestone and encircled with bands of salmon bone. This object is adorned with hanging rings of silver and menaces with spikes of salmon bone and horse leather. On the item is an image of dwarves in Moonstone. The dwarves are laboring. On the item is an image of dwarves in goblin bone. The dwarves are laboring. On the item is an image of dwarves in Rose quartz. The dwarves look confused.

krige

• Bay Watcher
  • [TILE:dwarf:fire]
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 29, 2006, 05:37:00 am »

Maybe not the most complicated (three limestones only) but in the description was:

"On the item is an image of dwarf in limestone. The dwarf is making a plaintive gesture."

WHAT gesture?  :)

Sheriff of Nottingham: That's it then. Cancel the kitchen scraps for lepers and orphans, no more merciful beheadings, and call off Christmas.

Lord Blue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 29, 2006, 09:06:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by krige:
<STRONG>Maybe not the most complicated (three limestones only) but in the description was:

"On the item is an image of dwarf in limestone. The dwarf is making a plaintive gesture."

WHAT gesture?   :)</STRONG>

Plaintive:
'expressing sorrow or melancholy; mournful: a plaintive melody.'
-dictionary.com
he Dwarf Fortress Blog is now up and running, albeit ugly and empty. Do your part, and email stories, worlds, and mod files to dasuberalt@yahoo.com

I''ll put it up on the blog, and give you credit.

http://dwarffortressblog.blogspot.com/

Abyssal Squid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 29, 2006, 09:17:00 am »

It's usually used to illustrate somebody being struck down, with the striker either laughing or "striking a menacing pose."

Maximus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 29, 2006, 05:38:00 pm »

The striker menaces with poses of rope reed.

Rondol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 29, 2006, 11:26:00 pm »

I'd say one of your dwarves got depressed. Or maybe had a spouse die.

bbb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 30, 2006, 01:14:00 am »

nestethbala astas ilid, "silkencoils the rogue of rulers",a clear glass table..

this is a clear glass table. all craftssdwarfship is of the highest quality. it is decorated with mule leather and turtle bone and encircled with bands of clear glass, pig tail and zinc. this object is adorned with hanging rings of zinc.

on the item is an image of dwarves and dwarves in clear glass. the dwarves are speaking with the dwarves.

on the item is an image of a dwarf and a mangrove bed in pig tail. the dwarf is raising the mangrove bed

took 7 or 8 items to make i think

Rondol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 30, 2006, 10:42:00 pm »

I'd love to see a depiction of a dwarf lifting something that is just... rediculous for a dwarf to be lifting. Like, say, a floodgate. I mean yeah they haul them around, but I like to think that's more of a dragging thing, or maybe they're put in wheelbarrows or something. But to lift a huge iron floodgate in triumph? I doubt it.

bbb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 02, 2006, 06:30:00 am »

9 items this time

sashastinan, "rushsneers", a iron scepter (not an?)

this is a iron scepter. all craftsdwarfship is of highest quality. it is encircled with bands of iron. this object menances with spikes of iron, cave spider silk and turtle bone

on the item is an image of dwarves and dwarves in iron. the dwarves are speaking with the dwarves
on the item is an image of humans and dwarves in ruby. the humands are speaking with the dwarves
on the item is an image of circles in mangrove

Silleh Boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 02, 2006, 06:59:00 am »

Eh, i just got this one. All that for an item with no weight. At least i got a legendary metal crafter out of it. Thought i was going to lose this one until i realised i had glassworkers, not jewlers.

Mirstalrodïmódadsat Kodor, "The Velvety Null Feast-Stroke of Dawn", a tin earring

This is a tin earring. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality.
It is encrusted with Aventurine, decorated with clear glass and encircled with bands of tin.
On the item is an image of a dwarf and a Pine casket in tin. The dwarf is raising the Pine casket.
On the item is an image of dwarves and dwarves in turtle shell. The dwarves are speaking with the dwarves.
On the item is an image of dwarves in green glass. The dwarves are labouring.
On the item is an image of humans and dwarves in Aventurine. The humans are speaking with the dwarves.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12