Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12

Author Topic: Your most complicated artifact?  (Read 9354 times)

ricree

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Your most complicated artifact?
« Reply #30 on: November 10, 2006, 02:46:00 pm »

Egenkekath, "Gifttundra", a cave spider silk
thong

turtle bone
turtle shell
silk(x3)
shale
rock crystal
gold
aquamarine

Sounds.... Uncomfortable

Rondol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 10, 2006, 10:08:00 pm »

Yeah. What's the description? How many spikes does it have? :P
lay IVAN -- Fear Dwarves!

Ancient Whale

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 11, 2006, 04:45:00 pm »

quote:
This is a platinum earring. All cratsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encrusted with Sapphire and encircled with bands of platinum and Sapphire. This object is adorned with hanging rings of platinum and menaces with spikes of Limestone. On the item are images of cyclopes in platinum.  

Shelret Ātrid, the Trance of Blossoms, is worth 290400*  Zikellibash Dumed currency. I also got a Legendary Metal Crafter out of it. I'm never going to have to worry about money again, even if it weren't for the goblins and kobolds dying at my entrance leaving silk clothing behind.

Abyssal Squid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 11, 2006, 10:38:00 pm »

For once an artifact comes out sounding pretty badass.

---

Oburmot, "Herostrange," a rhyolite weapon rack

This is a rhyolite weapon rack.  All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality.  It is encircled with bands of rhyolite and aquamarine.  This object menaces with spikes of copper.  On the item are images of mangrove trees in siltstone.  On the item are images of dwarves in iron.

---

No doubt those iron dwarves are slaughtering those mangrove trees.

Also, I have a platinum toy axe covered with images of rats, created by a metalsmith who hates rats.  I can only imagine that they are all getting axed.

Maximus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 11, 2006, 11:19:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Ancient Whale:
Shelret Ātrid, the Trance of Blossoms, is worth 290400*  Zikellibash Dumed currency.

Heh, nice one.

Sestze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 15, 2006, 01:13:00 am »

Well, after half a season watching some stripey jackass farmer marching back and forth, he gathered 9 items. Two cave shell lobster shells, iron bars, platinum nuggets, tin ore, tower cap logs, a bolt of cave spider silk cloth, gneiss, chalk block, and one other nondescript item.

What does he make?

Isdenngotol Uling, "The Watchful Ghost of Crazes", a piccolo.

This is a piccolo. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is decorated with cave lobster shell and gneiss, and encircled with bands of cave lobster shell, iron, and platinum. This object menaces with spikes of tin. On the item are images of dwarves in tower-cap. On the item are images of dwarves in cave spider silk.

I thought he'd be a goner for sure because I forbade all fishing and hunting, so shells were verboten (killed off two nobles because they kept demanding shell items). Luckily (or not? I don't really know) we got some cave lobster off a dwarven caravan.

Seriously though, a piccolo? What?

Zurai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 15, 2006, 05:45:00 pm »

Here's one I just got:

Lirukunib, "The Violent Rags", a _ cage.
This is a _ cage. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is decorated with turtle shell and Acacia and encircled with bands of Acacia.
This object menaces with spikes of Acacia and Basalt.
On the item is an image of a dwarf and a Pig tail vest in turtle shell. The dwarf is raising the Pig tail vest.
On the item is an image of a dwarf and a dwarf in turtle shell. The dwarf is striking down the dwarf.
On the item is an image of humans and dwarves in tin. The humans are speaking with the dwarves.
On the item is an image of dwarves and dwarves in cave spider silk. The dwarves are speaking with the dwarves.
On the item is an image of humans and dwarves in cow leather. The humans are speaking with the dwarves.

That's the formatting the game used; it's with the new "legends in art images" with the latest patch. Cool stuff. One does wonder how the hell the dwarf got 5 scenes detailed onto a cage made out of nothing, though.

Total tally for the cage: 3 turtle shell, 3 acacia logs, 1 casseterite, 1 cow leather, 1 cave spider silk thread, and 1 basalt rock.

Maximus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 15, 2006, 07:38:00 pm »

On the item is an image of humans and humans in Rock crystal.  The humans are arguing about whether prostitution should be included in Dwarf Fortress.

:D

Rondol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 16, 2006, 02:35:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Maximus:
<STRONG>On the item is an image of humans and humans in Rock crystal.  The humans are arguing about whether prostitution should be included in Dwarf Fortress.

:D</STRONG>

LOL!

lay IVAN -- Fear Dwarves!

randomjgj

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 17, 2006, 03:47:00 pm »

This is the most complicated artifact I've gotten.  Just generated with the new rules.  The first dwarf that died in my fort was the miner that reached the magma.  And my encounter with a band of 6 kobold archers ended quite badly for my dwarves.  They killed seven dwarves and after they ran out of ammo one war dog managed to get one of them.  

So I find the images very appropriate.

quot;...remember that we are not descended from fearful men..."

E Murrow

Maximus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 19, 2006, 01:50:00 am »

My newest (first in this new fort), nothing special except maybe the name ("The Systemic Desserts of Waving"  ;)

Mad Jackal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 19, 2006, 03:01:00 pm »

Not complicated at all.

But my craftsdwarf created a Loincloth made of pig-tails. It was of the Highest Quality, and studded with pig-tails.

My first fey mood under 23.b  And now I need to download 23.c anyway...

an''t catch me!

Bask

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 20, 2006, 08:43:00 am »

Not very complicated, but aargh, treeless map and dwarf wanting crystal glass (nice images though).

flap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 20, 2006, 09:06:00 am »

The main question is : are those images related to events happening in DF ?
That would be absolutely excellent ! (An other way to see see the legends, flesh a bit more that world out).

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 20, 2006, 11:45:00 am »

I'd imagine so - all the images I've seen have been connected in my game. I'd imagine his are: death of a hunter, arrival of the dwarven caravan, and the making of an artifact.

The funniest I got was on an artifact after I had defeated the daemons (taking a fair number of losses in the process, mostly from spirits of fire.)

This item has a picture of a dog on it. The dog is burning.
This item has a picture of a dwarf on it. The dwarf is burning.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12