Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12

Author Topic: Your most complicated artifact?  (Read 9353 times)

Rakoth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Your most complicated artifact?
« Reply #105 on: January 03, 2007, 04:55:00 pm »

Just completed, using the following items:

Onyx (x2)
Turtle bones (x2)
Horse leather
Cave spider silk cloth (x2)
Pig tail cloth
Silver bars

Behold Kafashbal, the Sick Growths, an Onyx flute!

This is a onyx flute.  All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality.  It is encircled with bands of onyx and turtle bone. This object menaces with spikes of cave spider silk. On the item is an image of a dwarf in Onyx. The dwarf is dead.
On the item is an image in turtle bone. The dwarf is making a plaintive gesture.
On the item is an image of a dwarf in horse leather. The dwarf is making a plaintive gesture.
On the item is an image of a dwarf in cave spider silk. The dwarf is burning.
On the item is an image of humans and dwarves in pig tail. The humans are speaking with the dwarves.
On the item is an image of a demon in silver. The demon is making a submissive gesture.

Rondol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 03, 2007, 08:26:00 pm »

Seems like the biggest artifacts have been 9 (10?) ingredients. Is there a cap?
lay IVAN -- Fear Dwarves!

slMagnvox

• Bay Watcher
  • Attend Party
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 04, 2007, 01:50:00 pm »

Cog Tan, The Boot of Ticking, a steel mace

Studded with Iron, encircled with bands of cave spider silk and Moonstone.  Menaces with spikes of Siltstone.

Not very complex, but I was very excited about this artifact because its name was awesome (Cog Tan!) and if its creator, Zon Bimfesh, were to ever use it in combat it would be unstoppable!  Steel + Artifact Quality = what must be a huge damage boost.  Could never train the guy though or the sparring casualties would be alarmingly frequent.

Alas!  Cog Tan was Lost!  Careless mining along the Magma caused a cave in, hurling Zon and the Cog Tan out of the Magma Forge and into the Magma River.  I'll never live that one down.

slMagnvox

• Bay Watcher
  • Attend Party
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 04, 2007, 02:00:00 pm »

Rather early in the game I had gotten quite a few Carpenter immigrants.  One, Urdim Kelkol gets a fey mood.  I check his stats: Novice Wood Cutter / Novice Bowyer / Novice Engineer.  He doesn't claim a shop.  I quick make a forge (not at the Magma yet) but he doesn't take it.  I make a Bowyer shop though, and in he goes.

Anurabod Kel Igam, "Woundrousstrikes the Metal of Gorging", a Kapok crossbow.

Decorated with Willow and cougar leather, menaces with spikes of Kapok and Diamond, on the item is an image of narrow cresents in Mahogony.

Urdim is an Elite Marksdwarf now and before his entry into the Military he made some excellent steel crossbows for the rest of my archers.

Heh, weapon artifacts are awesome.  Wish I knew the value, my damn bookkeeper still hasn't shown up, I think a buncha goblin seiges canceled the immigration I should've gotten this spring.

Harald387

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 09, 2007, 09:16:00 am »

Ingredients:

Gold Nuggets
Gold Nuggets
Gold Nuggets
Obsidian
Marble
Turtle Bones
Cave Spider Silk Cloth
Polar Bear Leather

Iltangerib, "Forkgorges", a gold puzzlebox
This is a gold puzzlebox. All craftdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is studded with gold, deocrated with turtle bone and polar bear leather and encircled with bands of gold and cave spider silk. This object is adorned with hanging rings of gold and menaces with spikes of Obsidian. On the item is an image of a dwarf and a dwarf in Marble. The dwarf is making a plaintive gesture. The dwarf is striking a menacing pose.

Possessed, though, so no Legendary dwarf for me. =(

"I will answer fealty with fealty, protection with protection, justice with justice, and oathbreaking with vengeance, so help me God"

-David Weber, "Field of Dishonor"

qwip

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 09, 2007, 12:20:00 pm »

My funniest artifact so far:

Zursal Mamgoz, "the Sever of Dragons", a Oaken bucket

quote:
...On the item is a image of a dwarf and a horse in oak.  The dwarf is making a plaintive gesture. The horse is laughing.

Apparently dwarves have an equivalent aphorism to "you can lead a horse to water..."

qwip

Efficiency is intelligent laziness

Rakoth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 11, 2007, 04:00:00 pm »

Latest, bestest, and certainly the most EXPENSIVE artifact, clocking in at 124800 value.

Baladil, 'Coilpoint,' a REd Spinel cabinet.

2 rough spinels, horse bones (6), 2 oak logs, willow logs, pumice blocks, gold bar, galena.

Studded with gold and silver and encircled with bands of Red spinel.  This object is adorned with hanging rings of oak and menaces with spikes of oak and willow.
On the object is an image of a elf and a goblin in red spinel.  The elf is making a plaintive gesture.  The goblin is striking a menacing pose.
On the object is an image of dwarves in horse bone.  The dwarves are withering away.

Been getting lot of goblin sieges, and I did just accidentally try to sell some Elves something made out of wood.  Poor dwarf must be a prophet.

Rondol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 13, 2007, 10:32:00 pm »

You know what would be a nice feature? Is if you could export from your fortress to a text file. I.e. export information about every dwarf in the fortress and every artifact made thus far, and maybe a little more information.
lay IVAN -- Fear Dwarves!

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 15, 2007, 05:04:00 pm »

Because I liked the name and the jeweler actually got possessed after the captain of the guard decided to get funny with an elephant and lost.

Emiteal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://emperial.deviantart.com
« Reply #114 on: January 16, 2007, 06:25:00 pm »

While admittedly it doesn't have the greatest component listing, this takes the cake for being a long and ridiculously-named item:

quote:
Tholseng Adtosidkar ikor, Deepring the Sunny Armored Dimension of Warriors, a Basalt coffer

What does that even MEAN? Sadly, the actual item description is disappointing compared to the name: This is a Basalt coffer. All craftdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is decorated with Basalt and Rope reed and encircled with bands of Basalt.

What a letdown of a description.

I was agog at the fact that this dwarf is now lugging around a ridiculously-named coffer with a weight of 100. That is, until, twenty minutes later, another dwarf decided to create a granite cabinet weighing 250. Oy vey. Not practical, these dwarves.

McDaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: January 17, 2007, 02:22:00 pm »

Wait till you see the FLOODGATES. Yes, dwarves do lug around floodgates that reduce them to slugs. I've had two of them, one was cave spider silk (WTF??) and the other was a rock crystal floodgate encircled with bands of rock crystal (Valuable, but of course the next moody dwarf will demand raw crystal glass...)
Amazingly enough, these are my most complicated artifacts. My dwarves don't seem the most complicated of people.

Kylaer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: January 17, 2007, 10:29:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Emiteal:
<STRONG>While admittedly it doesn't have the greatest component listing, this takes the cake for being a long and ridiculously-named item:

What does that even MEAN? Sadly, the actual item description is disappointing compared to the name: This is a Basalt coffer. All craftdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is decorated with Basalt and Rope reed and encircled with bands of Basalt.

What a letdown of a description.

I was agog at the fact that this dwarf is now lugging around a ridiculously-named coffer with a weight of 100. That is, until, twenty minutes later, another dwarf decided to create a granite cabinet weighing 250. Oy vey. Not practical, these dwarves.</STRONG>

Hahahaha, I thought at first that it said "Sunny Armored Division of Warriors." Now THAT would be an awesome name.

Slartibartfast

• Bay Watcher
  • Menaces with spikes of Tin
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: January 20, 2007, 01:55:00 pm »

Bomreknazom, "Whipdream", a perfect Turqoise
This is a perfect Turqoise. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encircled with bands of turqoise.

This was made from one turqoise.
It also got me a legendary gem cutter.

I win.

[ January 20, 2007: Message edited by: Slartibartfast ]

But what do I know?
Everything I say should be taken with atleast 1 tsp. of salt, and another liter of Dwarven Wine is recommended.

"I thought it was the size of the others!" said Vanon. "I guess it was just standing further away!"

Kylaer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: January 24, 2007, 05:00:00 pm »

Finally got a complicated artifact that didn't make my craftsdwarf go insane. Took me a lot of fast work to find the ingredients; he wanted raw crystal glass, and I didn't even have a glass smelter. (I'm one of those horrible cheaters who keeps backups of their saves).

List:
Diorite
Rough aventurine
Raw green glass
Raw crystal glass
Walrus leather
Turtle shell
Turtle shell
Kobold bones (5)

Created Thebillikot Mirstalthatthil Stemel, "Silkyink the Velvety Autumn of Respon-" (-siveness, I'd guess)

This is a Diorite bracelet. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is decorated with crystal glass and turtle shell and encircled with bands of Diorite, Aventurine, green glass, turtle shell and kobold bone. On the item is an image of a dwarf and a cave spider silk sandal in walrus leather. The dwarf is raising the cave spider silk sandal.

The sandal was another artifact, made earlier in the game. Got a legendary stonecrafter out of the deal, very pleased.

Zaratustra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://zarat.us/
« Reply #119 on: January 25, 2007, 04:40:00 pm »

Artifacts that feature carvings of other artifacts on them? Now I'm hoping for recursive artifacts.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12