Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

I'm letting you pick the next universe... based only on the name. Enjoy!

Microscope
- 2 (22.2%)
Ditch
- 0 (0%)
Shattered
- 2 (22.2%)
Jail
- 2 (22.2%)
Failure
- 3 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 16

Author Topic: Roll to Dodge: Acter's Revenge  (Read 20288 times)

darkwarlock3

• Bay Watcher
  • !!LET IT BURN!!
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Dodge: Acter's Revenge
« Reply #180 on: February 15, 2018, 12:09:53 am »

another two ash storms, followed by fits of destructive behavior that lead to  (pyromaniacs, construction teams, and terrorist, leaders, etc, are the targets of my Memetic Shard) and i create another Continental shard for a place other than the one where mine first one is located
I need more things to join, Send me a request if you need players for something.
I came for the games and stayed for the lack of sanity.
Grammar is my only weakness

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: February 18, 2018, 10:48:31 am »

Universal Shard: Create Local Shard in the Raedan Kingdom.

Memetic Shard: Out of actions, I assume?
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: February 18, 2018, 08:58:19 pm »

Universal Shard: Create a Continental Shard in Datum, with the most well-populated continent of the eggplantoids

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: February 19, 2018, 01:52:38 pm »

Turn 2 partial

(Night in Sednelar and Northstop and day in Carklock and Vilyrian.)

I will turn end… Soon. If you want to act you’d better be fast.

Funnel the storm from meridian to the next moon over.

[5] - Epic success

The windstorm of Meridian moves to the moon of Datum! The Da are quite disturbed by this environmental concern!

-d8 to “Da Portal Research”

another two ash storms, followed by fits of destructive behavior that lead to  (pyromaniacs, construction teams, and terrorist, leaders, etc, are the targets of my Memetic Shard) and i create another Continental shard for a place other than the one where mine first one is located

[5] - Epic success

Your universal shard is out of power and your Memetic is not yet charged so only the ash stuff happens.

You rain ash and fire upon Carklock again!

Universal Shard: Create Local Shard in the Raedan Kingdom.

Memetic Shard: Out of actions, I assume?

(checks chart) uh, yeah.

[1] - Abject failure

Somehow, somehow, Lo completely fails to delegate a shard to Carklock.

She also alerts Kseowhat of her presence!

Universal Shard: Create a Continental Shard in Datum, with the most well-populated continent of the eggplantoids

[5] - Success

Datum is small enough that one Continental counts for half the planet.

You create a shard over the hemisphere that is currently facing towards the planet. The portal project is just on the edge of it.

Events:

The entire city of Isikona, a major population center of the Raedan Kingdom, vanishes suddenly, leaving only a crater. None of you can detect it anywhere.

Kseowhat hurls magical attacks on the place the city used to be, revealing a simmering dome-like field blocking him. Two of his pentagonal temple-ships drop out of orbit around his Abode to investigate. There is some sort of magical battle, and then the city reappears.

The absence of a major manufacturing center as well as Kseowhat’s presence and attempts to keep peace stall the civil war somewhat.

At the same time four more temple-ships descend to Carklock and Kseowhat’s followers and servants aid in rebuilding the continent following the ash storm. When the second wave of ash attacks hits, they generate a shield over the entire continent. The ash and fire piles up on the surface of the field.

+d10 to “Rebuild Carklock”
-d5 to attack of both sides on next turn

Net results of evaluation:

+1 Windstorm on Da
-d8 to “Da Portal Research”
+d10 to “Rebuild Carklock”
-d5 to attack of both sides on next turn
+1 Continental Shard on Datum Western Hemisphere for X’Arilyg

Actions expended

1 by Gello Universal
1 by Zil Tempest Continental
1 by Lo Universal
1 by X’Arilyg Universal

Mechanics

Crystal rain: ⅓ chance that small mineral fragments rain upon each planet.

Events

Given as Name: Charge (Increase on next turn) <trigger conditions>

Da portal: 0% (d19-2d2-d8) <complete at 100%>
Kseowhat charge: 0% (d20) <complete at 100%>
Rebuild Carklock: 0% (3d10+d10 (Kseowhat)) <end war effects at 50%> <complete at 100%>

War

Industrialist: 0% (-d4)
Monarchy: 0% (-d4)

Industrialist attack: 2d6-d5 (next turn only)
Monarchy attack: 2d6 - d5 (next turn only)
At least we killed the boy and hurt an old man.
SPAMOVERLORD - play as the Empire and break ALL the cliches! | Doomhollow - A reasonably sane succession fort! | Give a Damn!

wertyzerty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: February 19, 2018, 03:49:46 pm »

Darkwarlock, I'm Fire-Ash too, would a combined attack be interesting?

darkwarlock3

• Bay Watcher
  • !!LET IT BURN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: February 19, 2018, 06:24:58 pm »

Yes it would be interesting if you can get rid of that stupid shield blocking the Strom it would be great
I need more things to join, Send me a request if you need players for something.
I came for the games and stayed for the lack of sanity.
Grammar is my only weakness

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: February 20, 2018, 11:20:06 pm »

Turn change!

Turn 2 is OVER. Turn 3 is beginning. It is day in Sednelar and Northstop and night in Carklock and Vilyrian.

Let's roll!

Da portal: 0% (d19-2d2-d8) <complete at 100%> -6
Kseowhat charge: 0% (d20) <complete at 100%> +20
Rebuild Carklock: 0% (3d10+d10 (Kseowhat)) <end war effects at 50%> <complete at 100%> +21

War

Industrialist: 0% (-d4) -4
Monarchy: 0% (-d4) -1

Industrialist attack: 2d6-d5 (next turn only) 4
Monarchy attack: 2d6-d5 (next turn only) 3

New Events list:

Da portal: -6% (d19-2d2-d8) <complete at 100%>
Kseowhat charge: 20% (d20) <complete at 100%>
Rebuild Carklock: 21% (3d10+d10 (Kseowhat)) <end war effects at 50%> <complete at 100%>

War

Industrialist: -3% (-d4)
Monarchy: -2% (-d4)

Industrialist attack: 2d6
Monarchy attack: 2d6

News:

One of Kseowhat’s ships lands on the Datum moon, and some Angels unload a large spherical device, which is inscribed with blue shapes. It begins to whirr!

This device will activate on next god action.

There is a flare of light as the fabric of reality distorts and a starship enters this universe from an adjacent one. It is squat and unimpressive, angular almost, a trapezoid in profile with a larger base than its top, and a slanted nose with small windows. It is large enough to seat ten people at least. The gods cannot immediately see what’s inside it, but they get the sense that something is very wrong. It drifts motionless in orbit around the planet. But most shocking is the glyphs that are written onto it’s hull.

You’ve seen these glyphs before.

Definitely Cicadian.

The cicadas are back!
SPAMOVERLORD - play as the Empire and break ALL the cliches! | Doomhollow - A reasonably sane succession fort! | Give a Damn!

Rahx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: February 20, 2018, 11:28:27 pm »

Flicks the device Kesowhat has dropped while focusing efforts to find and start focusing energy onto that vessel. Fully intend on breaking it or subjugating it to his will.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2018, 11:49:02 pm by Rahx »

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: February 21, 2018, 08:48:27 am »

Turn 3

It is day in Sednelar and Northstop and night in Carklock and Vilyrian.

Flicks the device Kesowhat has dropped while focusing efforts to find and start focusing energy onto that vessel. Fully intend on breaking it or subjugating it to his will.

I’ll interpret this as you creating a shard on the vessel.

[6] - Gone Horribly Right

You designate a portion of your power onto the Cicadian vessel!

A horrific scene greets your godly eyes. Men covered in blood run about frantically, wild-eyed, bleeding from grevious wounds, madly using improvised weapons to kill each other. They strangle each other to death, biting, kicking, gouging out eyes, even beating each other with their own severed limbs. There is no sign of order and everyone watches out only for himself. Cicadas rend each other apart in small clumps of violence around the vessel, ripping open their heads and tearing off their limps. There is blood, gore, and bodies everywhere, and as you watch one of the people slips in a pool of blood and promptly gets her head smashed in by another human wielding an iron crossbar.

What could possibly have happened here?

With a piercing scream, the device implodes and a tremendous crash of blue light erupts from it! The light washes over Datum, ripping into reality and expunging all foreign intelligences!

X’arilyg Continental Shard has been destroyed!
Clestesth Anchored Shard has been destroyed!
Gello Planetary Shard has been destroyed!
Tachyon has used a Universal action.
Tachyon has created a Local shard.

I also realize that I forgot to roll crystal rain.

On Planet → Yes
On Meridian → Yes
On Datum → Yes
On Abode → Yes

Events list:

Da portal: -6% (d19-2d2-d8) <complete at 100%>
Kseowhat charge: 20% (d20) <complete at 100%>
Rebuild Carklock: 21% (3d10+d10 (Kseowhat)) <end war effects at 50%> <complete at 100%>

War

Industrialist: -3% (-d4)
Monarchy: -2% (-d4)

Industrialist attack: 2d6
Monarchy attack: 2d6

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: February 21, 2018, 10:50:10 am »

Just to be clear: YOU CAN ACT AGAIN, EVERYONE! if you had an action planned, please re-post so I can see it.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #190 on: February 21, 2018, 07:15:22 pm »

"Oh, the carnage! Kseowhat will be joining us soon enough!"

Clestesth's Universal shard attempts to recreate an Anchored shard on the Da again. If this is impossible, Clestesth's Universal shard instead attempts to create a Memetic shard tied to the idea of justice and/or freedom from injustice and tyranny.

Possibly due to Kseowhat's influence, Clestesth's Changing Moon shard feels an unexpected tug to fulfill Its end of the bargain. How delightfully strange! The 🍆 shard takes 3 actions to attempt to partially replicate the Cicada's Sigils (3A), possibly tuning them specifically to ward against lawfulness and Kseowhat's influence rather than elements/para-elements/quasi-elements if this makes creating them easier.

Additionally, so as to pass some time, the 🍆 shard informs the Da that Datum may be able to block the influence of Adobe! (1A) In theory, this should affect those on the opposite side of Datum (with respect to Adobe) too, but Clestesth hasn't done any testing. Perhaps if this shard has time, it can help them run a few tests to see if experimental subjects scream less when Adobe is visible or dice are less loaded or something. Clestesth is proud of their new science-y hobbies, introduced by X'arilyg and wonders if they'll be able to bring some test subject xenos from orbit soon.

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: February 21, 2018, 10:50:47 pm »

Next Action:

X’arilyg the friendly eyeball inserts some progressive ideologies onto the Da. After expending the memetic shard to perform this shift in mentality, two acts shall be spent on the Da having a desire for a brand new way of thinking called “Xenoimperialism” in which the civilization desires to conquer and have territory of illegal aliens, and will do so through diplomacy or military means, usually gunboat diplomacy. Another act, is used in the way of thinking of Da, to make them more “militaristic”, as in the Da mindset feels really happy and secure, mainly comfortable, when their government has a lot of big guns and ships to help them against foreign intruders. Finally, inserting the ideology with 1 Act of a thing a Da mad scientist created a few months ago, called “Xenocuriosity”, in which the Da have a desire to perform research and... experimentation against aliens and the like, maybe they get some pleasure out of it?.

Also have many of those “unlimited” memetic actions, of having godly talks with the leaders of the 🍆 people, knowing a little bit of culture and history with them, while we both share a cup of tea. Mainly telling them that the cicadas to fellow mad science 🍆 know the secret of portal technology, but their body must be experimented on to research portal technology

Rahx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: February 21, 2018, 11:44:25 pm »

Seeing these things in a orgy of blood and gore nearly killing themselves upon arrival gives him an idea. While the vessel and its crew seem a lost cause keeping them contained in this specific area should be easy enough. Administers a local shard in a safe location despite missing the opportunity to drop another shard somewhere else

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: February 22, 2018, 07:25:08 am »

"Oh, the carnage! Kseowhat will be joining us soon enough!"

Clestesth's Universal shard attempts to recreate an Anchored shard on the Da again. If this is impossible, Clestesth's Universal shard instead attempts to create a Memetic shard tied to the idea of justice and/or freedom from injustice and tyranny.

Possibly due to Kseowhat's influence, Clestesth's Changing Moon shard feels an unexpected tug to fulfill Its end of the bargain. How delightfully strange! The 🍆 shard takes 3 actions to attempt to partially replicate the Cicada's Sigils (3A), possibly tuning them specifically to ward against lawfulness and Kseowhat's influence rather than elements/para-elements/quasi-elements if this makes creating them easier.

Additionally, so as to pass some time, the 🍆 shard informs the Da that Datum may be able to block the influence of Adobe! (1A) In theory, this should affect those on the opposite side of Datum (with respect to Adobe) too, but Clestesth hasn't done any testing. Perhaps if this shard has time, it can help them run a few tests to see if experimental subjects scream less when Adobe is visible or dice are less loaded or something. Clestesth is proud of their new science-y hobbies, introduced by X'arilyg and wonders if they'll be able to bring some test subject xenos from orbit soon.

Your changing moon shard is at zero power because NOBODY, least of all the Da, think the moon influences things.

Next Action:

X’arilyg the friendly eyeball inserts some progressive ideologies onto the Da. After expending the memetic shard to perform this shift in mentality, two acts shall be spent on the Da having a desire for a brand new way of thinking called “Xenoimperialism” in which the civilization desires to conquer and have territory of illegal aliens, and will do so through diplomacy or military means, usually gunboat diplomacy. Another act, is used in the way of thinking of Da, to make them more “militaristic”, as in the Da mindset feels really happy and secure, mainly comfortable, when their government has a lot of big guns and ships to help them against foreign intruders. Finally, inserting the ideology with 1 Act of a thing a Da mad scientist created a few months ago, called “Xenocuriosity”, in which the Da have a desire to perform research and... experimentation against aliens and the like, maybe they get some pleasure out of it?.

Also have many of those “unlimited” memetic actions, of having godly talks with the leaders of the 🍆 people, knowing a little bit of culture and history with them, while we both share a cup of tea. Mainly telling them that the cicadas to fellow mad science 🍆 know the secret of portal technology, but their body must be experimented on to research portal technology

You don't have a Memetic shard. I accidentally credited Zil Tempest's shard to you at one point, but that's been corrected.

Seeing these things in a orgy of blood and gore nearly killing themselves upon arrival gives him an idea. While the vessel and its crew seem a lost cause keeping them contained in this specific area should be easy enough. Administers a local shard in a safe location despite missing the opportunity to drop another shard somewhere else

... you can only create one shard per turn. Are you trying to move the ship?

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: February 22, 2018, 11:45:33 am »

Nobody wants to act?

Fine.

News!

Blue crystal shards fall upon the planet! They are taken as a sign from Kseowhat.

Lumps of glittering mineral rain upon Meridian!

Green stones fall on Datum! The Da inspect them and use them as gemstones.

Transparent gems rain upon the Abode of Kseowhat! They are collected and used as focusing lenses for his energy charge.

+d10 to energy charge

The Cicada starship fires two long-range missiles - one at Cavefriend's Crystal Planetoid, one at an investigating Kseowhat ship in deep space.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 16