Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 30

Author Topic: Roll to Wish  (Read 49009 times)

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Wish
« Reply #90 on: January 21, 2018, 12:04:17 pm »

Wow, things are escalating quickly. Anyway, when do I get my wish back? (I swear I'm gonna update all my games soon.) Edit: Oh, already back? Well in that case...

I wish I had the ability to choose the roll outcome for all my own actions. (I was actually always going do this as my second wish but you got to it first Egan. I wonder how this ability would interact with yours, but it is probably a good idea not to test that. I expect Paradoxes will be resolved by GM fiat, which probably won't be much fun for anyone.)

I choose to roll a 5 on this action. Teleport myself onto the pilot seat of a nearby military helicopter. It should be fully fueled/armed/operational/unlocked/unoccupied/etc. Start flying above the city.

So how is everyone on Metagaming? I'm severely tempted to just teleport to random people and make alliances, but I'd prefer to not to be too meta or step on people's toes. Still, it is a relatively minimalist game. So hey why not?

« Last Edit: January 21, 2018, 12:52:41 pm by Person »
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 21, 2018, 12:17:12 pm »

Using my eldritch powers, awaken and appear at Los Pinos through my eldritch magic.
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

ShadowDragon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 21, 2018, 12:25:25 pm »

Wow, things are escalating quickly. Anyway, when do I get my wish back? (I swear I'm gonna update all my games soon.)

If I'm under attack, teleport to the nearest police department before anything bad happens. Otherwise, teleport a military helicopter to my position. It should be fully fueled/armed/operational/unlocked/unoccupied/etc. If successful, board it and start flying above the city.

So how is everyone on Metagaming? I'm severely tempted to just teleport to random people and make alliances, but I'd prefer to not to be too meta or step on people's toes. Still, it is a relatively minimalist game. So hey why not?
I forgot to add you to the wishes file, but your wish has regenerated.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 21, 2018, 03:44:08 pm »

I wish for the city I'm in to be safe and prosperous forevermore, as thanks for welcoming me in.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 21, 2018, 04:03:21 pm »

Regrow my lost arm, and find shelter from the werewolves.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 21, 2018, 07:23:27 pm »

Oceansoul will roll a 5.
Exit the burger joint and start fighting the werewolf army with Will-powered telekinetic blasts. I will roll a 5 for this action.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 21, 2018, 07:54:06 pm »

I wish all my non-wish actions are forced to become a 6 and can't be change by other roll-altering abilities

ShadowDragon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Wish: Turn 10
« Reply #97 on: January 22, 2018, 10:15:07 am »

congratulate John is his new job and get drunk until the cruise ship reaches it's destinity
[4] You get drunk until you reach a port city.
Walk out of the airport and steal a car doesn't matter what it is as long as it moves, then drive away from the airport.
[6] You hack about twenty cars and drive off with them.
Hang a flag above the cellar palace. Tell the robot to hang banners inside of it or something.

Glory to Feliania!
[2] You can't find fabric for your flag. Nation named.
Go on a vigilante murder spree whilst riding my trusty unicorn. For justice!
[3] You ride Yog-Neighoth around, but only find a few people to kill.
Wow, things are escalating quickly. Anyway, when do I get my wish back? (I swear I'm gonna update all my games soon.) Edit: Oh, already back? Well in that case...

I wish I had the ability to choose the roll outcome for all my own actions. (I was actually always going do this as my second wish but you got to it first Egan. I wonder how this ability would interact with yours, but it is probably a good idea not to test that. I expect Paradoxes will be resolved by GM fiat, which probably won't be much fun for anyone.)

I choose to roll a 5 on this action. Teleport myself onto the pilot seat of a nearby military helicopter. It should be fully fueled/armed/operational/unlocked/unoccupied/etc. Start flying above the city.

[1+3] You can now control your own roll results. Your second action doesn't happen, try again next turn.
Using my eldritch powers, awaken and appear at Los Pinos through my eldritch magic.
[2] You dream of an ocean of ichor consuming everything you have ever known. Except for the hoofbeats, of course.
I wish for the city I'm in to be safe and prosperous forevermore, as thanks for welcoming me in.
[1+3] It is done.
Regrow my lost arm, and find shelter from the werewolves.
[5] Arm restored, shelter found.
Oceansoul will roll a 5.
Exit the burger joint and start fighting the werewolf army with Will-powered telekinetic blasts. I will roll a 5 for this action.

[5 vs. 2] You fight off the werewolves.
I wish all my non-wish actions are forced to become a 6 and can't be change by other roll-altering abilities
At least it's not always going to be five... [1+3] You now only roll 6 (except for wishes) and are immune to other roll-altering abilities.

Spoiler: Places (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Player States (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: NPCs (click to show/hide)

Secheral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: January 22, 2018, 10:19:29 am »

Groom my All-Pony.

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: January 22, 2018, 10:23:28 am »

Find some fabric and hang that flag.
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: January 22, 2018, 10:51:43 am »

Drive around and try to make friends with the werewolves, if they try to attack me I shall run them over with my twenty cars.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 22, 2018, 12:02:05 pm »

Bring others to my shelter, and help to heal them.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 22, 2018, 12:09:26 pm »

say goodbye to john and try to steal a motorcicle while drunk
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 22, 2018, 04:14:34 pm »

Find a helicopter outside the airport and get the hell out of this place! I guess go generally north

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: January 22, 2018, 05:01:07 pm »

Start campaigning to be elected Mayor of the fortified city.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 30