Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: The Vault: A Succession Fortress (Restarting the Turn list, please sign up)  (Read 8193 times)

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Actually, magma, unlike water, doesn't experience pressure unless it's being pumped (and even in that case it only experiences pressure up to the level of the pump.) Poke a hole in the volcano right at the top level of the bowl and you should be perfectly fine, as long as you use the proper safety measures.

Also, a question/suggestion -- will the vault eventually be opened again like in Fallout? Imagine spending hundreds of years underground and then emerging to the surface and finding out how much the world has changed in the meantime. Perhaps this could be accomplished by pumping out the bowl of lava into the caverns?
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

JStheguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Also, a question/suggestion -- will the vault eventually be opened again like in Fallout? Imagine spending hundreds of years underground and then emerging to the surface and finding out how much the world has changed in the meantime. Perhaps this could be accomplished by pumping out the bowl of lava into the caverns?
Maybe we could leave an entrance to the surface and close it off with a big honking door.

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile

Huh, I haven't played with magma much in Dwarf Fortress (heresy I know). Thanks for that info.

And No, the fort will be completely submerged in magma, it will never be opened. What will it be like growing up in the vault is up to you roleplayers.
The Tale of Runlance - A Succession Fort in a Dying World

While the drink stocks run low and violence is rampant, the narcissistic tyrant demands a monument to his name

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile

Mind dworfing me with an appropriate name.

Perhaps dwarven for Hero. Prefer female.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

PTW, on a time constraint, so will have to go back and read this later

JStheguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Erm, so is the OP actually going to ever finish his own turn?
It's been over a week already since he last posted in this thread.

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile

Erm, so is the OP actually going to ever finish his own turn?
It's been over a week already since he last posted in this thread.

Its my bad, every time I think I get a break, something pops up. I have finals coming up, papers due, and a full time job to juggle.
The Tale of Runlance - A Succession Fort in a Dying World

While the drink stocks run low and violence is rampant, the narcissistic tyrant demands a monument to his name
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]