Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7

Author Topic: Insurrection | The Authority  (Read 6443 times)

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
Re: Insurrection | The Authority
« Reply #60 on: January 12, 2018, 01:18:33 pm »

So what cards should we swap in and out? I like Nukes plan, except it leaves us without any sort of turn 1 creature if our enemies keep their resistance fighters.

Hmm, even if we left all 10 in with the desire to replace them next turn, there would still be only something like a 10/100 card chance of us drawing that turn one play. Sooo, I think That it might be best if we replace them with the stronger 2 and 3's that we have been making.

Tbf, the odds to not draw any of a card you have a 1/10 chance of drawing sits only at 47-48%. Thus, the odds you'll get at least one of anything you have ten of is a bit better than a coin flip. Combine that with the mulligan, and you've got a +75% chance of drawing at least one at the start of the game.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 12, 2018, 01:26:26 pm »

Repeat after me: 1/1s for 1 are garbaaage.
Long Live United Forenia!

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 12, 2018, 07:47:38 pm »

Restricted Sector
Efficacy: 4
Spoiler: Card (click to show/hide)

Black Market Contacts
Efficacy: 3
Spoiler: Card (click to show/hide)

Now, before I start dealing hands, there will be a brief phase for you to set up your deck with these two cards and to finalize changes. I will start dealing tomorrow, so you've probably got ~10-12 hours.

Currently, your deck is... (Maybe, if I missed a change, this is your chance to fix it)

« Last Edit: January 12, 2018, 07:53:25 pm by Draignean »
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

frostgiant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 12, 2018, 07:54:51 pm »

So we want as many restricted centers as we can trade lands for right?
And 5 Contacts? what should we toss? a couple Raids a lieutenant and some officers? The luiteneant because it's not like its a good top deck, and we would rather pull the contacts to pull her when we need her right?

Important note form the Discord
I'll say you can't go below 20 total basic lands, if only to prevent you swapping everything in the late game. I might revoke that limit later.
from the DM.

So we can swap out 3 Black mana and 2 white mana (white makes up the majority of our creatures so I think we want to keep more White) for new sectors.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2018, 08:01:16 pm by frostgiant »

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 12, 2018, 08:07:04 pm »

I think we should drop at least a few weapon scans. They're the most common card in our deck right now.

frostgiant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 12, 2018, 08:12:52 pm »

I think we should drop at least a few weapon scans. They're the most common card in our deck right now.

But they are great for keeping our creatures on the board and there important to stop them from burning our important things. I'm ok with Having 10 scans.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 13, 2018, 01:11:07 am »

The problem with the scans is that they're situational. One mana and a card to save a creature on the board is a fantastic trade for most critters costing more than one mana, but the trade only works if we can use it right then. Having two police snipers on the board is generally going to be better than one police sniper and one weapon scan, for instance, so if we're not routinely suffering near-fatal incidents with a mana to spare they're likely to just sit in our hand.

That in mind, my concern is our creature:spell ratio. We have 26 creatures and 34 spells of varying descriptions, which I suspect will lean heavily towards a bag full of tricks and no pawns to spend them on. I think I'm in favor of dumping our Sanctioned Raids and half our weapon scans for more meatbags.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 13, 2018, 01:52:52 am »

Drop 3 scans, 2 raids.
Add 5 black markets.
Drop 4 slums 1 metropolis. (ratio skewed towards white since we need more of it)
Add 5 restricted sectors.

I agree that we need more critters. When we have our opening hand, we can think about what sort we want to add.

toss [...] a lieutenant and some officers?
*spittake*
Under no circumstances are we to drop a lieutenant! And officers are exactly what we want early on.

Edit: to beef up our creature count, how about we cut a field interrogation and a tap the mind for two Gang Recruiters?
« Last Edit: January 13, 2018, 04:13:24 am by NUKE9.13 »

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 13, 2018, 05:13:26 am »

Drop 3 scans, 2 raids.
Add 5 black markets.
Drop 4 slums 1 metropolis. (ratio skewed towards white since we need more of it)
Add 5 restricted sectors.

Edit: to beef up our creature count, how about we cut a field interrogation and a tap the mind for two Gang Recruiters?
Hmm, I like the sound of the first part, the second though doesn't quite sit right with me, but I guess I'll vote for it.
Quote from: card swap
NUKEs Swap plan (2): NUKE, Failbird
- Also drop 1 Tap the Mind and 1 field interrogation, add 2 Recruiters(2): NUKE, Failbird
« Last Edit: January 13, 2018, 05:15:14 am by Failbird105 »

frostgiant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 13, 2018, 11:12:04 am »

Uh nope. I'm not voting for anything that cuts taps. that's one if the best hand refills we have, and having a good amount is essential. The recruiter does not make me enthused enough to even consider Dropping taps.

NUKEs Swap plan (3): NUKE, Failbird, Frostgiant
- Also drop 1 Tap the Mind and 1 field interrogation, add 2 Recruiters(2): NUKE, Failbird

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 13, 2018, 11:24:14 am »

:/
It's also clunky and unreliable. There will be plenty of times when we are sitting with a Tap the Mind that does literal nothing.
Still, I suppose we could cut another Sanctioned Raid instead.

As for the value of the recruiter, I don't think we'll mind having one of those sitting on the battlefield. 3/3 is a decent body, and the ability to spend excess mana to make tokens is not a downside.

-Also drop 1 Tap the Mind and 1 field interrogation, add 2 Recruiters(2): Failbird
  -Also drop 1 Field Interrogation and 1 Sanctioned Raid, add 2 Gang Recruiters: (1) NUKE9.13

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 13, 2018, 11:52:32 am »

-Also drop 1 Tap the Mind and 1 field interrogation, add 2 Recruiters ():
  -Also drop 1 Field Interrogation and 1 Sanctioned Raid, add 2 Gang Recruiters: (2) NUKE9.13, Failbird

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 13, 2018, 10:04:57 pm »

Spoiler: Starting Hand (click to show/hide)

You may vote to mulligan. The first mulligan is free. You draw one less card for each mulligan after the first.
---

frostgiant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 13, 2018, 10:15:21 pm »

Do we keep? or should we mulligan it. We'll have no mana problems with this hand but we don't have much to play right away. We'de be relying on the top deck for threats after the sniper.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 14, 2018, 12:00:47 am »

Mull. 5 lands is too many. We need more gas.

Quote from: Vote
Keep:
Mull: (1) NUKE9.13
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7