Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7

Author Topic: Insurrection | The Authority  (Read 6445 times)

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
Insurrection | The Authority
« on: January 06, 2018, 12:14:09 pm »

This is the Authority thread. You should probably stay out if you're an Resistance malcontent.

Link back to Main

It is with heavy heart and mind that we must admit that this City is sick. Would that we could claim this sickness as akin to a cancer, a dementia, or some other unpredictable and incurable malady. In that case we could wring our hands and ask some higher power what we did to to deserve this, we could blame the world, blame whatever Gods we hold dear, and blame anyone but ourselves.

Yet this is not the case. We did see this coming, we could have done something earlier, and now we reap this bitter harvest.

This is not a cancer, it is an infection. We saw the wound, and we believed that our citizens could handle it. As the edges reddened, we told ourselves it was a passing issue, a transient clash of ideals. A momentary phase in society. As our people began to disengage from their productive lives, as crime began to rise, and the good man was increasingly corrupted by the vilest dregs still able to call themselves human- We covered the wound up with bandages, and tried to forget the aching pain of division among us.

Yet hiding the wound merely allowed it fester in silence. Now the infection is spreading. Institutions that were once revered for their respect for society have become corrupt. The crime of the underbelly has risen, boiling up into new power structures that are now to entrenched to merely excise. The bandage we had made is soaked with the pus of lawlessness and crime, and we ourselves are forced to use the fullest extent of the law in order to cut away the damaged tissue.

One would think our people would understand. This infection will destroy this city if it is not removed, and though we must make strange bedfellows in our war, it is only to turn the infection against itself. Yet they do not. The cry injustice as we crack down on those propagating the disease, they fight to keep the wound hidden, for in there mind it is better to endure the pain they have always known than to allow us to do what must be done to save them- to heal them all. We understand this panic, it is the same panic that is present whenever the established order of things is upset, when security ceases to exist, when all that was previously protected by the laws of man is suddenly placed at the mercy of brutal, unreasoning force. It is a blind panic that pushes away the only force that can save it. It is the panic of a wounded animal in a trap, and we must stand fast and ignore the cries for mercy in order to serve the greater good.

The surgeon's blade must cut into healthy tissue in order to be sure that the rot is fully removed. We recognize that innocent lives may get caught up in our work, and though each life lost pains us, we must recognize that there is no civilization without sacrifice. 

We will reestablish Justice, Reason, and the Rule of Law.

Whatever the cost.

Authority Starter Set

You will now have three special turns of card designing before the game begins. On each of these special turns, you can manipulate your deck freely (instead of a single one-to-many swap) and you can design/revise two cards.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Insurrection | The Authority
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2018, 12:47:33 pm »

Signing up to join the Authority.
Working on a card idea.

Question: would reach also be renamed since flight is changed to slick?

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2018, 12:48:53 pm »

Signing up to join the Authority.
Working on a card idea.

Question: would reach also be renamed since flight is changed to slick?

Very likely, but I'll let the first designer of a card with the ability come up with the new name. As long as I don't actively detest it.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2018, 12:53:36 pm »

Very likely, but I'll let the first designer of a card with the ability come up with the new name. As long as I don't actively detest it.
So what is Slick flavored as, being hard to find I guess?

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2018, 01:02:22 pm »

So what is Slick flavored as, being hard to find I guess?

Being slick is the ability to operate outside of normal channels. A classified courier with false retinas to dodge scans, a synthetic face, and a morphing suit can be slick. A hacker skilled in cleaning up the trail and throwing off government traces can be slick. A thief who knows where all the blind spots are and can dodge the laser detection system can be slick. A military gunship with stealth technology can be slick.

---

frostgiant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2018, 01:07:46 pm »

Joining the authority.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2018, 01:21:13 pm »

Alright, well, when you think B/W, one of the things you think of is Lifelink, and various life-draining effects. So hows about this card:

Armed Tax Collector
Colour: Black/White
art: ?
Type: Creature - Human Bureaucrat
Effect: Whenever an opponent plays a creature card, that opponent loses one life and you gain one life.
P/T: 2/2
Flavour Text: Two things are inevitable in life. He can enforce both.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2018, 01:25:27 pm by NUKE9.13 »
Long Live United Forenia!

frostgiant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2018, 01:27:09 pm »

Revising the thugs.

Hired thugs
Colour: Black
Same as before
Type: Creature-Human Criminal
Effect: Tap: Summon a hired thug
P/T: 1/1

Basically, the idea is to improve the hired thugs, whoa re our early game and the meat right now. The Idea is that when he is tapped he goes and rustles up a couple of his buddies to help him with a job that he got.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2018, 01:44:59 pm »

Idea

Recon Drone
Colour: White
Type: Creature - Construct Police
Effect:
Seek(this creature can block creatures with slick)
Soulbond(You may pair this creature with another unpaired creature when either enters the battlefield. They remain paired for as long as you control both of them.)
As long as Recon Drone is paired with another creature, that creature has Seek
P/T: 1/1

Also, not going to make it this turn, but we should totally make a Judge Dredd style creature at some point.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2018, 06:09:03 am by Failbird105 »

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2018, 01:52:37 pm »

Ooh, I like the Recon Drone. Here's an alternate way of spamming 1/1s.

Gang Recruiter
Type: Human Criminal
Effect: 1,B,Tap: create a 1/1 black Criminal token. (Tokens act as cards on the battlefield, but immediately stop existing if they leave the battlefield for any reason, be that returning to hand, dying, or being exiled.)
P/T: 3/3
Flavour Text: He'll find a pair of hands to do your dirty work. For a price.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2018, 06:00:39 pm by NUKE9.13 »
Long Live United Forenia!

frostgiant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2018, 02:03:42 pm »

Ooh, I like the Recon Drone. Here's an alternate way of spamming 1/1s.

Ganglord
Type: Human Criminal
Effect: 1,B,Tap: create a 1/1 black Criminal token. (Tokens act as cards on the battlefield, but immediately stop existing if they leave the battlefield for any reason, be that returning to hand, dying, or being exiled.)
P/T: 3/3
Flavour Text: He'll find you a pair of hands to do your dirty work. For a price.

I like the Ganglord, but would the name work better as gang recruiter or Mob boss?

Police Checkpoint:
Color: White
Type: Tactic
Effect: Destroy any attached Artifacts on Creatures that declare an attack until your next turn.

Police Officer:
Color: White
Type Creature- Human Police
Effect: First strike
P/T: 2/1

Here's two more card. How do these work? Most of my Magic knowledge comes from an Xbox game and the 2014 MTG game.

So we have three turns, each turn we can Design or revise two cards. So we have 6 actions for this.

Blood_Librarian

• Bay Watcher
  • What is happening?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2018, 02:10:08 pm »

POlice Certification & Armification
Color:Black
Art
Type: Tactic.)
Effect: Pick three Black Units. Give them 1/0, possibly turn into a "Police creature"?
Flavour Text: A badge and bigger gat for every hired gun on the street.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2018, 02:16:15 pm by Blood_Librarian »
if you want something wacky
Quote from: ChiefWaffles, MAR Discord
I continue to be puzzled by BL's attempts to make Aratam blatantly evil

frostgiant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2018, 02:13:53 pm »

POlice Certification & Armification
Color:Black
Art
Type:( Buff? I dont know the proper word.)
Effect: Pick three Black Units. Give them 1/0, possiblt turn into a "Police creature"?
Flavour Text: A badge and bigger gat for every hired gun on the street.

In this case, I  think It would be Tactic.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2018, 02:45:54 pm »

Alright, I'm gonna make a votebox containing the different ideas made so far, no votes yet, just the ideas.

Quote from: Designs/Revisions
Action 1
Armed Tax Collector ():
Recon Drone ():
Ganglord (2): Frostgiant, Failbird105
Police Checkpoint ():
Police Officer ():
Police Certification & Armification ():

Action 2
Armed Tax Collector ():
Recon Drone (1): Failbird105
Ganglord ():
Police Checkpoint ():
Police Officer ():
Police Certification & Armification ():
« Last Edit: January 06, 2018, 02:55:42 pm by Failbird105 »

frostgiant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2018, 02:54:06 pm »

Hmm, I would like to make the Ganglord (Don't like the name). So I'll vote for that.
But i'm not sure what to go for secondly.

I like recon drones and they would be useful to give us a slick counter before it becomes a problem.
Armed tax collectors would be a nice little bonus. Chip damage and heal.
Police checkpoint can probably wait until we actually have artifacts. either team. I guess in this game They would be Equipment.

Police officer would be good, Right now very few things have more than 2 Toughness so first strike is really good. With only their Scavenged cyborg and Commander able to fight it. not including Tactics and such.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7