Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 28

Author Topic: Bedroom Designs...  (Read 136585 times)

TheBeardyMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bedroom Designs...
« Reply #225 on: January 24, 2010, 02:03:39 am »

These blocks of 16 3x2 rooms fit nicely into my modular designs:

#...#################...#
.<<<.................<<<.
.>>>.................>>>.
#...####.############...#
#...#B.#.#.B#..B#..B#...#
#...#..#.#..#...#...#...#
#...#..+.+..#+###+###...#
#...####.####...........#
#...#B.#.#.B#+###+###...#
#...#..#.#..#...#...#...#
#...#..+.+..#..B#..B#...#
#...#B..#B..#..+.+..#...#
#...#...#...#..#.#..#...#
#...###+###+#B.#.#.B#...#
#...........####.####...#
#...###+###+#..+.+..#...#
#...#...#...#..#.#..#...#
#...#B..#B..#B.#.#.B#...#
#...############.####...#
.<<<.................<<<.
.>>>.................>>>.

Wurm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: January 24, 2010, 02:45:40 am »

I use a low door design with a central shaft, usually with 4 shafts.
Code: [Select]
# = Wall
D = Door
. = Ground
X = Staircase

For the Working Class

#####
    #.#.#
#####.#.#####
#...#.#.#...#
####D###D####
#...#.X.#...#
#####XXX#####
#...#.X.#...#
####D###D####
#...#.#.#...#
#####.#.#####
    #.#.#
    #####

For the Middle Class.

#############
#...#...#...#
#...#...#...#
#...#...#...#
####D###D####
#...#.X.#...#
#...#XXX#...#
#...#.X.#...#
####D###D####
#...#...#...#
#...#...#...#
#...#...#...#
#############

caramel

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: February 02, 2010, 05:26:28 pm »

The rooms from my circular based fort.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Dr. Hieronymous Alloy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: February 02, 2010, 09:53:46 pm »

That's beautiful, I'll probably steal it :P Must have been a pain to plot out -- I like how there's a lot of different sized rooms, but the space allocation remains even overall, and it looks big enough for a large fort. Don't suppose you have it as quickfort csv? ^_^
« Last Edit: February 02, 2010, 10:03:05 pm by Dr. Hieronymous Alloy »

Particleman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: February 02, 2010, 10:30:25 pm »

I like it. Congrats on having the patience and spacial reasoning to plan it all out.

The 5x5 rooms are for my starting 7, while the 4x4 rooms are for everyone else. The stairs go up one level to a tunnel running east/west to connect them.

caramel

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: February 03, 2010, 01:14:49 pm »

That's beautiful, I'll probably steal it :P Must have been a pain to plot out -- I like how there's a lot of different sized rooms, but the space allocation remains even overall, and it looks big enough for a large fort. Don't suppose you have it as quickfort csv? ^_^

Unfortunately, no. I plotted the rooms out in MS Paint and (painstakingly) designated everything by hand:

Here's the map I made that shows the expansion on the original circle.

Dr. Hieronymous Alloy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: February 03, 2010, 02:06:16 pm »

Unfortunately, no. I plotted the rooms out in MS Paint and (painstakingly) designated everything by hand:

Aarg >_<. I'm designing a fort around a circular central ramp/staircase/waterfall and that design would be perfect for the bedroom levels (freeing me to use Hactar's H-fractal for my tombs). If I do use it, I'll be happy to email you the .csv if you'd like for future forts. (I'm just digging test levels into old maps for now, waiting on the new release to really get things moving).

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #232 on: February 05, 2010, 01:31:10 pm »

Aarg >_<. I'm designing a fort around a circular central ramp/staircase/waterfall and that design would be perfect for the bedroom levels (freeing me to use Hactar's H-fractal for my tombs). If I do use it, I'll be happy to email you the .csv if you'd like for future forts. (I'm just digging test levels into old maps for now, waiting on the new release to really get things moving).
Send it to me too if you make it into a quickfort file. I tried to do it but my head started to hurt. :P

Dr. Hieronymous Alloy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: February 05, 2010, 06:01:08 pm »

Send it to me too if you make it into a quickfort file. I tried to do it but my head started to hurt. :P

I'm working on it, but there seems to be a tileset issue -- which one is that? Mayday? In plain vanilla DF, these circles are rendering as ovals, not circles.

Maybe this'll be enough for me to finally install Mayday's pack -- I've always avoided it because it makes other changes too, and I just wanted the art.

If someone can put me on to a download of just the tileset, i'll turn this into a .csv for that tileset, no problem.

edit: nevermind, it was just the size of my DF window, I'm still not used to DF windows that adjust on the fly :P I'll keep rolling ahead with the Project :P
« Last Edit: February 05, 2010, 06:13:42 pm by Dr. Hieronymous Alloy »

zagibu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: February 05, 2010, 06:13:49 pm »

What are you talking about? You can have "plain vanilla df" with square tiles, making round structures round and not oval. Just set GRAPHICS: YES and use the curses_square_16x16.bmp font.
99 barrels of beer in the pile
99 barrels of beer!
If some dwarves know the way to the pile
0 barrels of beer in the pile!

Dr. Hieronymous Alloy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: February 05, 2010, 06:18:31 pm »

What are you talking about? You can have "plain vanilla df" with square tiles, making round structures round and not oval. Just set GRAPHICS: YES and use the curses_square_16x16.bmp font.

Yeah, I'm an idiot. I set it to square tiles and adjusted my window a bit and it's fine now. I think it was just an artifact of my using a widescreen monitor.

Dr. Hieronymous Alloy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: February 06, 2010, 12:38:52 am »

OK, here y'are:

http://drop.io/quickfort/asset/caramel-s-circular-bedroom-plan-csv

It's not 100% identical -- I didn't do the central area, because I figured most people will have different central stair setups -- but I think all the bedrooms are there.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #237 on: February 06, 2010, 03:25:46 am »

Yeah, I'm an idiot. I set it to square tiles and adjusted my window a bit and it's fine now. I think it was just an artifact of my using a widescreen monitor.

I use a widescreen monitor with square tiles and the window maximizer (NOT fullscreen) and they appear correctly and square...

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #238 on: February 06, 2010, 03:31:19 am »

OK, here y'are:

http://drop.io/quickfort/asset/caramel-s-circular-bedroom-plan-csv

It's not 100% identical -- I didn't do the central area, because I figured most people will have different central stair setups -- but I think all the bedrooms are there.

Ahh that's fantastic. I'm going to center this on a bottomless pit and use it as a template to build a round fort around the pit. Mmmm...

And all nobles will live in the center, in suspended rooms over the pit with 'quick release' levers. Just in case.

Edit: Found a site with a pit, magma pipe, natural waterfall, trees, HFS, flux, and possibly sand. Now to make Circlefort.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2010, 03:49:51 am by forsaken1111 »

Andeerz

• Bay Watcher
  • ...likes cows for their haunting moos.
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: February 23, 2010, 03:51:40 am »

Here's my general bedroom and fortress layout!

It's sorta efficient, I guess, but it's more for pretties.

Bedroom layout:

The center is the dining hall.  The floor for the nobles simply connects some of the rooms together to make them more spacious.

Stockpile layout a floor above it:

It has worked for me pretty well thus far!  The center of this floor is hollow for a layer of the dome for the dining hall below.  I like making domes even though they are of no consequence.

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 28