Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dwarven Cheese!  (Read 869 times)

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
Dwarven Cheese!
« on: January 05, 2018, 01:06:58 pm »

Genned a world with only 1 cavern layer to save FPS on my new fort.
Edited raws on various underground trees and creatures to not exclude them from the game.

changing the UNDERGROUND_DEPTH for purring maggots to 1:2 makes the dwarven caravan bring dwarven cheese, dwarven milk, and purring maggot goo. I think I haven't seen dwarven cheese since catching purring maggots in 2d dwarf fortress chasms.

Is it possible at all to catch purring maggots in fort mode nowadays? Do proper chasm biomes still exist?
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

SQman

• Bay Watcher
  • Gnot a gnelf
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarven Cheese!
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2018, 04:07:24 pm »

Subterranean Chasm is everything underground that's not underwater. Purring maggots should spawn normally, so it should be possible to catch and milk them. Can't say I've ever seen one though.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2018, 04:33:44 pm »

Subterranean Chasm is actually "muddy cavern", while Subterranean Water is the normal one.
I think I've seen somewhere that purring maggots are killed during milking due to some bug, but I have no firsthand experience of them.

King Kitteh

• Bay Watcher
  • [SAVAGE][CRAZED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2018, 04:49:32 pm »

I think I've seen somewhere that purring maggots are killed during milking due to some bug, but I have no firsthand experience of them.
You ever tried to milk a maggot? It's not an exact science.
goodnight, speep tighht, don't let the bedbugs bite