Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11

Author Topic: OPERATION MARKET STORM: TURN 7, Mission 1: Ich gebe auf! (6/5)  (Read 17310 times)

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
Re: OPERATION MARKET STORM: TURN 1, Mission start! (6/5)
« Reply #90 on: January 24, 2018, 09:40:08 pm »

((But I mean, that it's a pretty mean thing to do.))

((The most British way of putting it.))

"I suppose they might be expecting an attack from the west." Maddie whispered to her comrade.
"But clearly we only have two options for door access. Would have been swell if we had more choices..."

She hatches a quick diagram on the snow.

"We can't expect our enemy to let us knock. Let's try to scope out the lookouts, and if it turns out they've got all sides covered I think a diversion is in order."
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

Questorhank

• Bay Watcher
  • I'll find something to put here... eventually
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 24, 2018, 10:45:26 pm »

"We could come from the east, and make our own door. Bet they won't expect that."

((Is the current magazine counted in our ammo slots? or could we carry a gun with only one clip to save on inventory space?))
« Last Edit: January 24, 2018, 10:52:18 pm by Questorhank »
RTD Graveyard
Many people have gone missing or died.
I don't remember their names.

Slick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 24, 2018, 11:27:40 pm »

Phillip shrugged. "Well I'm more suited to direct assaults then anything else."

"So perhaps the best plan is something more direct, I think the term is...Smash and Grab."

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 24, 2018, 11:50:40 pm »

((Is the current magazine counted in our ammo slots? or could we carry a gun with only one clip to save on inventory space?))

((Ammo always takes separate slots from the weapon, this is for my convenience and also part of the bullet/slot economy.))
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 25, 2018, 12:13:46 pm »

"Whatever approach we take, I propose I hang back a little. I'm no good in close quarters and I've only got so many shots. On the upside, you just have to yell and I can shoot where ya want me to. Even make you a new entrance if you want, or remove a pesky wall they're hiding behind."

Questorhank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 25, 2018, 12:28:22 pm »

"Smash and grab's always fun. I'm in."

Smash-n-grab from west. If all/cmdr agree.
RTD Graveyard

Sir Elventide

• Bay Watcher
  • The sword cuts with finality when guided by wisdom
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 25, 2018, 04:00:50 pm »

"Excellent point, Madeline," Hans said as he made a circular motion around the diagram with a finger. "We can also scope the area for hills or other vantage points. That'll give us a height advantage, particularly for you and Zehn."

Hans then thought for a moment. "Whichever location any such vantage point may be, we will rely on you and Zehn to cover me, Jim, Krilge, and Phillip as the four of us get close enough to breach their defenses and clear the way. The more cover that are closer to the building, the better our odds. Once inside, it will be a long slog up the stairs regardless of which way we attack. Any ideas?"

Attack from the most advantageous direction.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 25, 2018, 04:17:17 pm »

"If we come from one side, we could climbing up the side and into the second floor before they notice us. We at least need a marksman covering the second floor."
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: January 25, 2018, 04:32:30 pm »

"I just want to point out that I exclusively have my bazooka and a breaching charge. So I'm good for making new entrances and digging out people behind cover, but I'm going to be useless inside."

Questorhank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: January 25, 2018, 05:54:11 pm »

((How upset would the brass be if we destroyed the building without acquiring the intel?))
RTD Graveyard

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: January 25, 2018, 06:36:45 pm »

((How upset would the brass be if we destroyed the building without acquiring the intel?))

((As commandos you're allowed to prioritize, pursue and execute your objective as you see fit. Destroying the building is a way to accomplish two of the objectives (that is if an officer doesn't escape out one of the doors).

...that being said the capturable intel might be my planned story hook.))

Ok! It sounds like you guys have a loose plan of attack! Now, which directions and general map locations are you each coming from!(Everyone should submit their own answer)

Other things I should address:
-You can come from any map direction (West, east, south, north) and any location along the map edge, (the foresty corner bits are OK)
-You will not be spotted (and cannot be targeted by enemies) until you shoot if you start in a forested area.
-When you start I will alert you to all enemies in sight (in windowed rooms you have vision to, ones outside etc) and you will take your first actions with this information before the enemy gets to react, even if you start in sight of one.
-Climbing through upper windows is a thing
-Both the HE rockets and HEAT will be able to know down walls if you were wondering.

Objectives:
Eliminate intelligence officers
Destroy communication equipment
Capture Intel (if possible)
« Last Edit: January 25, 2018, 06:43:46 pm by WunderKatze »
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

Sir Elventide

• Bay Watcher
  • The sword cuts with finality when guided by wisdom
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 25, 2018, 07:52:48 pm »

"If we're going to climb onto the second floor, we will need a distraction on the other side of the building so that the volunteers can do so undetected," Hans told Zehn before turning to Krilge. "As for you, you may be one of the commandos who will do the distracting. Besides, if any enemies show up in vehicles or use any that are already on the premises, you'll be in the perfect position to take them out."

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 25, 2018, 07:55:37 pm »

"Aye, yeah. I can make a distraction at the other side of the building you'll be approaching from, no problem. Besides, if they try to run from the back door I might even have shots on them."

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 25, 2018, 08:12:03 pm »

"A good distraction, though loud, may be to blow the far wall across the one we plan to assault. Krilge could blow the wall with Madeline covering, and me and Hans could advance from the far side with less fanfare.
They would at least be split if they spotted us. Phillip should go with me and Hans if we do this."
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: January 25, 2018, 09:02:28 pm »

"Go in, blow up wall, retreat to cover and administer rockets as needed. Simple enough, so long as there aren't too many guards to stop my approach. If there are, I'll keep the demo charge and just send in a rocket from a distance."
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11