Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11

Author Topic: OPERATION MARKET STORM: TURN 7, Mission 1: Ich gebe auf! (6/5)  (Read 17289 times)

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
Re: OPERATION MARKET STORM: TURN 4, Mission 1: Gothic intiative! (6/5)
« Reply #135 on: February 15, 2018, 06:24:45 pm »

((Shameless self-bump))
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: February 15, 2018, 06:36:37 pm »

"Falling back."

Move behind tree, return fire on riflemen in window. 10 bullets each. Avoid firing where Hans is.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2018, 03:50:40 pm by Doomblade187 »
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: February 15, 2018, 06:52:59 pm »

"Keep calm and carry on", Krilge mutters.

Get behind some cover, probably a tree and load a fresh HE rocket.

Then, sticking to the right edge of the map and using trees for cover, relocate to the north-east forest bit and get behind a tree. If I have a line of sight to any enemies inside (or outside) of the building from there, give them some high explosive as a gift, priority postage.

Slick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: February 15, 2018, 09:09:19 pm »

Phillip leaned out as far as he could without being spotted, trying to calculate a throw in his head. He brought out a grenade turning to his companion, gesturing to the west window. "Should I give that rifleman some pineapple surprise Hans?"

Phillip is waiting on Hans thoughts before acting.

Questorhank

• Bay Watcher
  • I'll find something to put here... eventually
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: February 15, 2018, 10:34:13 pm »

Shoot the machine gunner firing at Madeline and Krilge, 3 bullets. Then move up to the house.
RTD Graveyard
Many people have gone missing or died.
I don't remember their names.

Sir Elventide

• Bay Watcher
  • The sword cuts with finality when guided by wisdom
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: February 16, 2018, 02:42:31 pm »

"Yes, go ahead and teach that dummkopf how to fly," Hans said grimly. As far as he could tell, Zehn managed to stop a flanking force that was heading toward the others dead in its tracks and was concentrated on as a result by the two riflemen. Based on his observations, Hans believed that these hostiles are no run-of-the-mill conscripts. These are professional soldiers who may have already tasted combat before and really knew how to do their jobs. Either that or their officers are particularly good at instilling discipline in their troops. One doesn't simply waste well-trained soldiers on guarding something unimportant.

Needless to say, this intel must be much more valuable than they realized.

"I will climb to the second floor and secure the room. You will follow after you've taken care of the Gothic."

Hans will climb into the second floor room above them. If he is sighted by any enemies on the floor, he will fire four shots to neutralize them or drive them back.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: February 16, 2018, 03:50:55 pm »

Edited action.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.

Slick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: February 18, 2018, 07:39:23 am »

"Don't have to tell me twice!" Phillip pulled the pin on the No. 5 Mark II Hand Grenade and got to work.

Phillip breaks cover temporarily and throws one of his No. 5 Mark II Hand Grenades at the west window rifleman, after this he quickly follows Hans into the building.

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
Re: OPERATION MARKET STORM: TURN 5, Mission 1: Orcs under fire! (6/5)
« Reply #143 on: February 19, 2018, 10:36:25 pm »

((I’m going to restore your team health for the second part of the fight, I had planned to have the enemy specials and officers be a sort of a boss fight in the first place (hence why they haven’t shown up yet). There are a lot of things I like so far about the mechanics but some things (like the cover system :P) that need adjustments, you can read about my thoughts in the note section at the bottom.))

((Sigh, all the German weapons’ numbers are year numbers. I think I will reverse my name changes on a few of them for clarity’s sake, but I’ll give them numbers that make sense in the setting when they are mentioned in NPC dialogue.))

Turn 5: Mission 1

(Gothia receives 1.5x damage this turn!)
Zehn ducks behind a tree and peeks out for some shots. Sighting the west riflemen he fires 10 rounds. (10->5, -3 cover -> 2 hits)(2 damage)(12 fire superiority) The wooden window cross frame is hit causing splinters and glass shards to rain down on the rifleman. He’s shaken, but he’s far from dead. Zehn, then turns his Vickers on the north most rifleman in the window. There’s smoke blocking (3 turns remaining on smoke) his sight to the north doors, behind it is the last member of the enemies flanking attempt. Zehn squeezes the trigger. (10-> 1 hit, -3 cover -> 0 damage)(10 fire superiority) It proves difficult to hit the north most rifleman. Most of the rounds glance the building and fly harmlessly into the woods to the east. ((Just so you know, you didn't fire through the smoke, you just rolled really low.))

Philip rips the pin from a grenade and allows the safety latch to pop off and fall to the ground. He heaves it in a high arc and sends it tumbling through the west window that Zehn just shot to bits. (6 dice -> 3 hits -> ignores cover)(3 damage)(4 fire superiority) From outside you here a hard thud, it sounded like someone jumping back and landing on the floor. The grenade explodes seconds later killing the rifleman and spitting a few of its fragments out the window.

Hans takes a look up at the window. It’s a bit high, but he’s climbed more difficult things before and training. Tally ho!
(4 regular success) Slinging his rifle, Hans gets a footing on the brick base and kicks up, he manages to get a grip on some brickwork and hoists himself up to the window. He rolls into the window and lands in a crouch. The grenade created a bit of a hole where it went off, exposing insulation and the electric wires to the 1st floor lights. The west window rifleman’s body lies besides it, his leg got it the worst, separated from the knee down. You hear yelling from downstairs and clamoring footsteps. Down the hall a bit and north is a door. It goes to the where the north window rifleman is and further down the hall is another door, it leads to the east section of the building. South, along the hallway are south-facing windows. You can see the long road that leads to the building and the truck Jim is hiding behind, but your view of Krilage’s and Madeline’s hiding place is obstructed by the east section of the building.

Philip also decides to enter the building with Hans (3 regular failure). Philip succeeds in climbing up halfway, but he has a difficult time getting through the window. (Philip will automatically enter the building through the window at the start of next turn, read above paragraph for a description of the second story).

Madeline, afraid of being caught bound up decides to distance herself from her team mate. She sights the MG-34 toting enemy squad leader and unleashes 5 rounds! (5 -> 4 hits, -3 cover -> one hit)(2 damage)(10 fire superiority). The gewehr’s bolt locks in open position. The rifle has deterred the squad leader, but he’s certainly not down for the count.

Jim squeezes off the remaining three rounds of his Webley and barrels towards the building, leaving his southern position at the Opel Blitz truck. (3 -> 1 hit, -3 cover -> 0 damage)(3 fire superiority), The .455 rounds pepper the building corner but fail to score any hits. Jim does not make it to the building, he makes it halfway, near some of the trees along the entrance pathway.

((I’m not sure if you were trying to go after the enemy or not, so I’m making go first.))Krilage moves north, he remains in the brush though. From his slightly more north position he can sight either the north east building corner squad leader or the wounded, 2nd story east window grenadier. Krilage slides a HE rocket down the back of the M1A1 and sights the building corner. The MG-34 presents a much bigger threat. Wrapping the wire to the launcher’s contact point, Krilage shoulders the weapon and squeezes the trigger, he stands to get a slightly flatter trajectory with the ground to hopefully avoid having the rocket skip on the snow and fail to detonate. (13 -> 7 hits, -3 cover -> 4 damage)(5 fire superiority). The rocket screams out of the barrel with incredible acceleration and explodes on the snowy ground. The enemy squad leader is killed.

The north window rifleman returns fire in response to Zehn’s inaccurate burst. (1 dice -> 1 hit, first shot ignores cover)(2 damage)(2 fire superiority).

The wounded enemy grenadier appears at the 2nd story south east window, he spots Jim, but he decides to try and silence the rocket launcher. He lobs two grenades at Krilage’s position, Madeline would have been hit too had she not moved. (6+6 dice -> 3 hits, -2 cover)(2 damage)(3 fire superiority). The grenades barely reach the woods and the Krilage is well shielded from the blast in the woods.

An enemy machinegunner and grenadier appear in the first floor south-east room, near where Jim was heading. Luckily, the trees will provide him cover if they shoot at him. A squad leader appears in the first floor south west room (of the east building section). “Lass diesen Idioten für mich. Ziel für die Raketen-Infanterie!” The squad leader yells and proceeds to empty his MP-40 at Jim. (30 dice -> 13 hits, -2(-1 from skill) cover, -2 body armor) (12 damage)(42 fire superiority!). 9mm rounds chew away at the tree, they prove annoyingly effective at punching through. Jim covers, putting his advanced cowarding covering skill to use, at the tree. He slumps down under the terrifying barrage of close range machine pistol fire. Good time to be wearing body armor!

The enemy Maschinengewehr roars to life, firing a medium burst. (20 dice -> 7 hits, -2 cover )(8 damage)(25 fire superiority) The grenadier heaves two gothic stick grenades towards Krilage’s position. (12 dice -> 5 hits, -2 cover)(5 damage)(7 fire superiority). Krilage covers by throwing himself on the ground. Branches and bark bits fall onto him from above and grenades blast around him. This incredible firepower is bringing the royal commandos close to a route! (19/72 health remaining!)

Recap: The floor west window rifleman was killed by a grenade. The north window rifleman is alive. There is a smoke grenade at obscuring the north building doors with 3 turns remaining. The last member of the flanking party that attacked Krilage and Madeline was killed this turn by a rocket. There is a wounded grenadier at the south-eastern 2nd story window and three new enemies have appeared, a grenadier and machinegunner at the 1st-floor south-eastern windows and a squad leader at the 1st-floor south-west window. There are 3 officers and 4 special type enemies and a bunch of noncombatants that have yet to be sighted.

Zehn is in the forested north-west corner of the map, Hans is inside the west section of the building and Philip is outside the west 2nd story window on the side of the building. Jim is at one of the trees along the path to south doors (the main entrance) of the building and is in short range of the three new enemies. Krilage is at the tip of the south-east forested spot and Madeline is one movement's worth of distance east of him (that puts her off map).

(Turn Fire Superiority totals: 44 (Commandos) vs 81 (Low Gothia)(Gothia has again secured the fire superiority damage multiplier!)

Spoiler: Rules summary (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Enemy compound: (click to show/hide)

Enemy health total: 89, Enemy head count: 5 regular types, 4 special types, 3 officer types, 10 non-combatant types.
Regular Enemy Ammo Count: 15 rounds 9mm, 170rounds 7.92mm, 19 grenades 2 Panzerfausts.

Team health (19/72)

Madeline Christie Atkinson (DivideByZero) (12 health)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Jim Harrington (Questorhank) (12 Health)
Hans Koring Staffenberg (Sir Elventide)(12 health)(squad leader)
Zehn Graftkin(Doomblade187)(12 health)
Krilge Schmidt(Pancaek)(12 health)
Phillip Ottersen(Slick)(12 health)

Spoiler: GM notes (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 20, 2018, 02:37:08 pm by WunderKatze »
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: February 20, 2018, 07:23:45 am »

"Not. On. My. Watch."

20 rounds at the North rifleman. Reload and move to building if path is clear.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2018, 03:38:18 pm by Doomblade187 »

Sir Elventide

• Bay Watcher
  • The sword cuts with finality when guided by wisdom
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: February 20, 2018, 11:57:17 am »

"This is definitely not an easy mission, not at all," Hans muttered to himself as he scanned ahead for enemies. So far, he couldn't see anyone. "Nevertheless, we've got a mission to complete. Hopefully, the intel is on this floor."

Though Hans is aware of the remaining rifleman on the northeastern 2nd floor window, he knew that Zehn will take care of him so he decided to help Phillip up onto the second floor. Once the two of them are in the room, Hans intend to move east, If the intel is present, it would either be in a room at the center of the floor or, God forbid, on the third floor and therefore would require them to locate the stairs.

After taking rifle ammo from the dead rifleman, Hans will help Philips onto the floor. They will then move east.

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: February 20, 2018, 02:36:08 pm »

Ten rounds each at the North and Northeast rifle/grenadier.
Reload and move to building if path is clear.

((Shit it's supposed to say south-east window, not northeast. You can't see him, he's at the front of the building.))

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: February 20, 2018, 03:38:36 pm »

Ten rounds each at the North and Northeast rifle/grenadier.
Reload and move to building if path is clear.

((Shit it's supposed to say south-east window, not northeast. You can't see him, he's at the front of the building.))
((Edited action.))

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: February 21, 2018, 12:09:28 am »

If it's going to devolve into "shoot and reload," then so be it.

Madeline reloads and pumps all 10 shots at the machine gunner's position. If he lowers his head for protection, shoot through the brick for the kill.
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: February 22, 2018, 10:44:10 am »

For now, retreat into that north-east bit of forest and hunker down, loading another HE rocket. See if I can't spot anyone at the back of the house or through the windows, we still have 7 enemies unspotted after all.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11