Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11

Author Topic: OPERATION MARKET STORM: TURN 7, Mission 1: Ich gebe auf! (6/5)  (Read 17290 times)

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
Re: OPERATION MARKET STORM: TURN 2, Mission 1: Bastard (6/5)
« Reply #120 on: January 30, 2018, 12:22:58 am »

"Mmm, that leader ought to be dead before the show gets going. I'll make sure he's down, kay?"

Madeline will shoot on the signal (if it's given and Krilge is about to fire), aiming for a preferable headshot on the squad leader before the rocket hits.
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

Sir Elventide

• Bay Watcher
  • The sword cuts with finality when guided by wisdom
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: January 30, 2018, 12:34:02 am »

"It'll be best if we allow them to be distracted by the others first," Hans reasoned with Zehn. "Sure we could divide up their attention but it'll be easier to climb up through the second floor if no one's there to hold us up first. Besides, we can surprise them with an attack from behind."

Turning to Phillip, Hans added, "If you ever need a gun to use once we're inside, I have a space left to hold some of your grenades or some extra ammo while you pick one up."

Give the signal to attack.

Slick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: January 30, 2018, 12:51:08 am »

"Fair enough, just give the word and I'll lend a hand with my shield acting as a platform." Phillip said drawing his shield.

When the time comes Phillip will give a boost up with his shield.

Questorhank

• Bay Watcher
  • I'll find something to put here... eventually
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: January 30, 2018, 06:08:14 pm »

"Once you fire, I'll move up to the truck so I can get a better shot."

Take advantage of the confusion from the explosion to take cover behind the transport. Return fire at anyone who attacks me.
RTD Graveyard
Many people have gone missing or died.
I don't remember their names.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: January 31, 2018, 08:15:44 am »

Action edited.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
Re: OPERATION MARKET STORM: TURN 3, Mission 1: Rocket away! (6/5)
« Reply #125 on: February 05, 2018, 05:30:03 pm »

((Last week was midterms. Sorry for the delay.))((Also Questorhank, I've made you glow red instead of solid red to prevent confusion, the enemies won't likely have solid red as their speech color so don't worry about changing the color you use for dialogue.))
Turn 3: Mission 1

Squatting in the low gothic winter brush Zehn turns his attention to the north building guard; he means to run to the building if he gets the chance. Philip turns his attention to the west window guard, intending to follow Zehn if the opportunity arises. The rifleman has pulled up a chair and unenergetically surveys the woods with a cigarette tucked between his lips. He seems pretty experienced at his post, that is to say used to uneventful guard shifts.

On the other side of the building kneeling in woods Krilge unslings the M1 from his shoulder and retrieves a X1 HE rocket from one of the rocket shoulder bags. Krilge unpins the fuse and slides the rocket into the rear of the M1. He then wraps the ignition wire around the contact point at the rear of the launcher.

Shouldering the tube, Krilge sights the squad leader and riflemen with the highest graduation of the M1’s iron sight. Nearby, a bush dwelling Madeline sights the squad leader with her Gewehr 01 ((You see, 43 was a year designation)).

An owl howls in the distance. Hans has given the signal!

With a thunderous crack Madeline’s Gewehr fires(once, medium range)! (6) The shot strikes the squad leader (1x2 damage, +6 fire superiority)! He tumbles. Krilge squeezes the trigger of his M1 and in a smoky flash the first floor window explodes inward (13 -> 7 hits -2 (cover) = 5 damage) (13 -> 8 hits – 2 (cover)=6 damage)(1+5+6 fire superiority). The squad leader and rifleman are killed in the concussive fury of the blast!

The north and western window riflemen are startled but they do not leave their posts. Philip and Zehn delay their advance. 5 enemy soldiers (squad leader, Machinegunner, grenadier and 2 riflemen) creep out the north most doors and head east. It seems they mean to fire on Krilage’s group from the side of the building!

The building lights turn on! But Hans, Zehn and Philip remain undetected!

Jim breaks cover and rushes behind the Opel Blitz truck, Webley in hand! The tarp covered rear of the truck is empty and the driver’s cabin is inaccessible except through the driver and passenger doors.

(Turn Fire Superiority totals: 18 (Commandos) vs 0 (Low Gothia), Commandos receive 1.5x damage next turn!)

Spoiler: Rules summary (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Enemy compound: (click to show/hide)

Enemy health total: 138, Enemy head count: 13 regular types, 4 special types, 3 officer types, 10 non-combatant types.
Regular Enemy Ammo Count: 75 rounds 9mm, 240 rounds 7.92mm, 24 grenades 2 Panzerfausts.

Team health (72)

Madeline Christie Atkinson (DivideByZero) (12 health)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Jim Harrington (Questorhank) (12 Health)
Hans Koring Staffenberg (Sir Elventide)(12 health)(squad leader)
Zehn Graftkin(Doomblade187)(12 health)
Krilge Schmidt(Pancaek)(12 health)
Phillip Ottersen(Slick)(12 health)

Spoiler: GM notes (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 12, 2018, 03:30:57 pm by WunderKatze »
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

Questorhank

• Bay Watcher
  • I'll find something to put here... eventually
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: February 05, 2018, 06:43:35 pm »

((Do we have individual health, or is the '12 health' just how much we're contributing to the team health?))

When the enemy squad comes into view, fire (3 shots) in order to suppress them. If not under fire, advance to the house (southern wall), and gesture for the others to join me.
RTD Graveyard
Many people have gone missing or died.
I don't remember their names.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: February 05, 2018, 06:54:19 pm »

"Opening up. Phillip, your options are limited. Maybe to the west side."

Once Hans and Phillip have made their dash, open fire on the five-man team with my machinegun. Use 30 shots.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2018, 07:36:07 pm by Doomblade187 »
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.

Sir Elventide

• Bay Watcher
  • The sword cuts with finality when guided by wisdom
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: February 05, 2018, 07:23:22 pm »

Hans narrowed his eyes slightly. Unexpectedly, the enemy troops guarding the northern and western windows decided to stay at their posts rather than move toward the fight. Oh well, time to readjust their tactics.

"Wait until we are at the western wall before opening fire, Zahn," Hans said as he glanced at the soldiers in the windows. He then eyed any windows that don't appear to have anyone looking out of them. "Surprise is still on our side for the moment."

Along with Phillips, move as quickly and quietly at possible over to empty windows on the second floor and climb through them. If spotted before action can be executed, take cover beside the building's western wall.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: February 05, 2018, 07:36:19 pm »

Edited action.

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: February 06, 2018, 12:51:43 am »

((Do we have individual health, or is the '12 health' just how much we're contributing to the team health?))

((I realized I should have addressed this earlier. For now it is not an individual health value. It is, as you figured, your contribution to team health. It's recorded separately in the case that you get items or skills that change your health contribution.))
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: February 07, 2018, 02:20:52 am »

Hearing the Vickers' cantankerous report, Madeline smiles as she catches a glimpse of the enemy soldiers under fire, expecting them to hit the dirt.

"They probably know what's coming right about now," she whispers as she shifts her sights.

Madeline plans to fire a single shot at the enemy machine gunner and then three more shots, prioritizing the MG, then the riflemen, while in cover.

She motions in response to Jim. Firing. This spot has a commanding view of the building, and letting the troops loiter outside is a great way to get flanked. She'd rather pick them off here.

If the enemy starts running rather than diving, Madeline prepares a phosphorous grenade while sheltering behind the tree. (Can I do this instead of moving?). She plans to throw it at the building's corner to nullify enemy line of sight and force them to walk out in the open rather than hugging the wall. (How long does it last?)

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: February 07, 2018, 08:24:57 pm »

Load up another HE rocket. Aim and be ready to shoot if I spot any soldiers taking up a position inside of the building. If that group of soldiers creeping about north shows itself in my line of sight, shoot them too, aiming for the squad leader as a priority.

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: February 13, 2018, 02:49:28 pm »

((I’m going to auto move Philip to the house with Hans, I think in the future I’ll have a one waiting day policy and if they don’t response an ally can submit an action for them. It’s not meant to be punitive, rather I want restore the previous pace))

((Also turn order normally goes Commandos then enemy. If your action is a reaction to possible enemy moves you go after the enemy you specified. So in this case Zehn, Philip and Hans went first. Madeline and Jim decided to go after the north most squad and Krilge is going after all the enemies.))

((if no target is specified or a group of people is selected, than the target/order of targets is random, this is simpler than me trying to work out a random distribution of hits. Enemies will make these random target shots in situations where they are trying to suppress or/and when you are obscured))

((Smoke and WP is going to last 4 turns))

Turn 4: Mission 1

Hans and Philip break cover towards the compound, the west window rifleman yells immediately, you cannot hear him through the class. Spotted by the riflemen, they decide to cover against the western wall.

Then Zehn opens fire, the external Maxim styled charging components of the Vickers swing into action. He spits out 30 rounds down at 5 enemies leaving the building from the north. (30 -> 15 hits!, randomly allocated: Machine gunner -> rifleman -> rifleman -> grenadier) The steady Vickers' burst topples four of the soldiers, one of them was carrying an MG-34. They collapse face down into the snow.

The lone squad leader looks back and with a panicked expression screams, “Gefahr, Maxim gewehr west!” He handily loses a Nebelhandgranate between him and the other surviving squad member (protected from Zehn’s direction by -2 to hit smoke). He then arms himself with the MG-34 from the machine gunner and turns the corner and fires a long desperate burst at the bush dwelling Madeline and Krilge (50 -> 32 hits!!!! random target -> Madeline you are lucky, Camoflague reduces the hits to 20, -2 bush cover reduces it to 18)(18 damage!). Madeline and Krilge’s position is peppered with inexact Maschinengewehr fire. It punches holes in the surrounding timber and the crack of the passing rounds sends shivers down your spine.

This is the chance Madeline was waiting for! She squeezes the trigger and then looses a few follow up shots at the squad leader. (4 shots -> 2 hits, -3 cover, 0 hits, your first shot missed.) Madeline reaches for a WP bomb, but she’s out of range and she’d rather stay in cover.

((Sigh. I really need to change the cover mechanic, its causing a lot of problems. That will be a priority after this mission.))

Jim returns fire on the two gothic soldiers firing three rounds from his Webley from behind the gothic truck! (3 dice -> 0 hits)

The two enemy riflemen on watch (west window and north window) decide to fire back at Zehn! They fire two aimed shots (2 shots, 2 hits, both are first shots so ignores cover)(2 damage). They can’t pinpoint Zehn but their shots are awfully close for comfort.

Three new enemies appear at the second story windows east most side: a grenadier, squad leader and machine gunner. The machine gunner, feeling the need to get a good firing position for his MG attempts to smash the second window to the west (2 -> failure) he fails to smash the window with a meek stock bash. The grenadier, also needing an open window, tries the window latch at the east most window (4 -> regular success) he succeeds in opening the window but he’s unable to throw a grenade in the time. The squad leader, whose weapon is much more manageable without a supported position, fires through the third window to the west! Being much more prudent to the desperate tactical situation than his inferiors, he fires his entire magazine! (30 shots -> 9 hits! random target: Madeline lucky again -> 7 hits -> -2 cover -> 5 hits)(5 damage). The buzzing 9mm rounds add to the chaos in the Madeline and Krilge dwelt brush.

This is the opportunity Krilge has been waiting for! With proper English resolve Krilge loads HE and shoulders his M1A1 rocket laun, her. With a shot at the middle window he can hit all three enemies. (13 -> 7 hits! -> -3 hit cover, 6 damage!) (13 ->6 hits -> -3 hit cover, 5 damage!)(13 -> 5 hits -> cover -> 3 damage!) The rocket explodes on the window turning the second story into a smoky shrapnel highway! The squad leader throat is invaded by a large glass spike which kills him, the concussive force of the explosion separates the machine gunner's limbs about the hall and the grenadier survives with an awful piece of wood in his right arm. Not a happy day on floor two.

Recap: this leaves one squad leader armed with MG-34  at the northeast corner of the building with a smoke grenade protecting him from Zehn, two riflemen at the west and north windows firing at Zehn, 5 MIA normal enemies, 4 MIA specials and 3 MIA officers and a bunch of noncombatants hiding somewhere.

(Turn Fire Superiority totals: 75 (Commandos) vs 109 (Low Gothia), the brilliant resolve of the gothic squad leaders has secured the 1.5x damage bonus for next turn! But their manpower is extinguished and their ammo is going fast! Where are the officers and the specials you might wonder?)

Spoiler: Rules summary (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Enemy compound: (click to show/hide)

Enemy health total: 100, Enemy head count: 7 regular types, 4 special types, 3 officer types, 10 non-combatant types.
Regular Enemy Ammo Count: 45 rounds 9mm, 190rounds 7.92mm, 23 grenades 2 Panzerfausts.

Team health (48/72)

Madeline Christie Atkinson (DivideByZero) (12 health)
Jim Harrington (Questorhank) (12 Health)
Hans Koring Staffenberg (Sir Elventide)(12 health)(squad leader)
Zehn Graftkin(Doomblade187)(12 health)
Krilge Schmidt(Pancaek)(12 health)
Phillip Ottersen(Slick)(12 health)

Spoiler: GM notes (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 13, 2018, 02:51:40 pm by WunderKatze »

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: OPERATION MARKET STORM: TURN 4, Mission 1: Gothic intiative! (6/5)
« Reply #134 on: February 13, 2018, 09:39:25 pm »

Madeline's heart races as 7.92mm punches through the trees, sailing right above her head and peppering her hat with shreds of bark. Too fucking close. We need to spread out, she thinks to herself.

She noticed two distinct impact sounds. Taking fire from two positions? This is not the place for a sniper to be. And they responded awfully fast... did they see this coming?

Madeline will poke her head out, hopefully still reasonably hidden, and finishes her magazine, launching 5 rounds at the MG34 and then crawling east if brush cover permits. Her goal will be to separate herself from Krilge so they can't be both suppressed at the same time.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11