Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11

Author Topic: OPERATION MARKET STORM: TURN 7, Mission 1: Ich gebe auf! (6/5)  (Read 17299 times)

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
Re: OPERATION MARKET STORM: TURN 1, Mission start! (6/5)
« Reply #105 on: January 25, 2018, 09:11:10 pm »

"Phillip, do you feel comfortable grenading the second story if need be? You'd have to get close,
before we blow the far wall."

Zehn will approach from the West.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 25, 2018, 09:24:10 pm »

"I'll go east then, roight? Do we arrange for some kind of sign for when I can blow the wall as a distraction? Or do I just go by my gut feeling for the timing?"

Approach from the forested area to the east
« Last Edit: January 26, 2018, 03:39:33 pm by Pancaek »

Sir Elventide

• Bay Watcher
  • The sword cuts with finality when guided by wisdom
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 25, 2018, 09:44:08 pm »

"We can signal each other with bird calls," Hans answered Krilge. "Two calls will signal that each group is in position and ready. Once both groups have signaled or the enemy have opened fire, unleash the fireworks. We will hold for a moment while the enemy get distracted before acting."

Enter from the west with Zehn and Phillip, if he chooses.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2018, 10:29:11 pm by Sir Elventide »

Slick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 25, 2018, 09:52:17 pm »

"Phillip, do you feel comfortable grenading the second story if need be? You'd have to get close,
before we blow the far wall."

Zehn will approach from the West.
Phillip juggled a grenade one handed. "Heh, the second story? Child's play, I'm not called a Grenadier for nothing."

Phillip will join Zehn and Hans on their approach from the West.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 26, 2018, 12:51:50 am »

Zehn nods. "Glad to hear. My main concern is you being in the open and out of cover. Do you have any opinions as to assault formation within the building? O e of us should stay outside if possible to keep watch for runners."
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 26, 2018, 01:15:40 am »

"A good distraction, though loud, may be to blow the far wall across the one we plan to assault. Krilge could blow the wall with Madeline covering, and me and Hans could advance from the far side with less fanfare.
They would at least be split if they spotted us. Phillip should go with me and Hans if we do this."

"Hans and I ~" Maddie corrected the orc.

"I was thinking the same, in terms of splitting their attention, that is. But the Vickers may do just as good a job of keeping their heads down as a sniper. We can suppress both sides and have two chances of breaking through. Once we have a breach they will undoubtedly move their forces to that one side, allowing our other team to move in.

Plus, keeping a full field of view on 'em means if they try to mobilize a counterattack via the outdoors, we'll be ready..."
suddenly an idea came to her head.

"There may be an advantage to taking them by surprise. Imagine if they stub their toes on an ambush--could buy us precious time," she mused, not expecting any outcome in particular.

(Maddie will fill in to whichever side needs more firepower, probably East)
« Last Edit: January 27, 2018, 02:34:18 pm by _DivideByZero_ »
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

Questorhank

• Bay Watcher
  • I'll find something to put here... eventually
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 26, 2018, 02:21:00 pm »

"I'll be our less 'destroy everything in a ten mile radius' portion of the distraction."

Head from east with Krilge.
RTD Graveyard
Many people have gone missing or died.
I don't remember their names.

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 28, 2018, 06:12:11 pm »

Turn 2: Mission 1

((There were some conflicts in the ways you described your placement, but I tried my best to sort it out.))

As reported the target building is furnished quite finely with white wood window fixtures and green cool shutters it doesn’t look that much like the plain military buildings you are familiar with. One detail, however; stands out among the others. It hangs from a flag pole center of the asphalt roundabout out front:

There’s a parked Obel Blitz truck outside next to some nicer automobiles, it’s the same one you saw a picture of during briefing. They are all empty.

After deciding upon the plan of attack you begin the nervous task of sneaking into position and after tiptoeing your way through the snowy gothic foliage you all arrive in your positions.

Spoiler: Map ref. (click to show/hide)

Han’s Group: The building lights are off along both the west and north building flanks, however; with the help of a standard issue miniature telescope you manage to make a few spots. You spot two Gothic Riflemen, one is at a 2nd story west side window the other is at a north side 2nd story window both in the close west building. They seem to be lookouts. They are not in danger of spotting you.

Krilge’s Group: The first floor east building lights are on. You can see one Squad Leader and one Rifleman, at the east most 1st floor window. They seem to be enjoying themselves. All other windows are empty and the 2nd story and 3rd story lights are off in both the west and east buildings.

Spoiler: The Gothic Soldier (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Rules summary (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Enemy compound: (click to show/hide)

Enemy health total: 151, Enemy head count: 15 regular types, 4 special types, 3 officer types, 10 non-combatant types.
Regular Enemy Ammo Count: 75 rounds 9mm, 240 rounds 7.92mm, 24 grenades 2 Panzerfausts.

Team health (72)

Madeline Christie Atkinson (DivideByZero) (12 health)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Jim Harrington (Questorhank) (12 Health)
Hans Koring Staffenberg (Sir Elventide)(12 health)(squad leader)
Zehn Graftkin(Doomblade187)(12 health)
Krilge Schmidt(Pancaek)(12 health)
Phillip Ottersen(Slick)(12 health)
« Last Edit: January 28, 2018, 06:41:34 pm by WunderKatze »
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

Questorhank

• Bay Watcher
  • I'll find something to put here... eventually
    • View Profile
Re: OPERATION MARKET STORM: TURN 2, Mission 1 (6/5)
« Reply #113 on: January 28, 2018, 10:39:54 pm »

Jim nudges Krilge, then gestures to the truck. "Try not to destroy that too much. We can use it to get out of here."

((I don't recall us having an exfiltration plan?))

Wait for the other group to give the ready signal.
RTD Graveyard
Many people have gone missing or died.
I don't remember their names.

Sir Elventide

• Bay Watcher
  • The sword cuts with finality when guided by wisdom
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 29, 2018, 12:49:20 am »

"Okay lads, we are almost there," Hans said as he and the other two commandos trudged through the snow to their position in the woods just north west of the objective. "Please be aware that there may be noncombatants inside that building. Do not, I repeat, do not gun them down unless they are our targets or if they proved to be a clear and present threat. We may be commandos but we are not monsters. Besides, I don't know about you but I'm not in the mood for being charged with war crimes at tribunal or being plagued by my conscience, ja?'

Give the signal when the three commandos get into position.

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: January 29, 2018, 02:00:35 pm »

((I don't recall us having an exfiltration plan?))

((Oh I covered it in brief, back somewhere. There's a rendezvous point kilometers southwest. After the mission, you shall hike to it and be transported into occupied High Gothia. Outside of the rendezvous point, the details are secret in the case that one of you is captured. Enemy reserves should not be able to complete encirclement before you reach the rendezvous point.

Challenge: "Mateo's grave" Password: "Focke-Wulf" Countersign: "Bastard"

On another note, I just want to let you guys know, in case you haven't realized, my posting schedule is midday on weekdays. I'm not too good about weekends.))
« Last Edit: January 29, 2018, 02:05:59 pm by WunderKatze »
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: OPERATION MARKET STORM: TURN 2, Mission 1: Bastard (6/5)
« Reply #116 on: January 29, 2018, 02:14:20 pm »

"Sounds good. I'll cover the eastern sentry if you cover the western. Phillip, you ready to go?'

Cover the Eastern sentry. If he runs to investigate and nobody's looking, rush to side of house
« Last Edit: January 31, 2018, 08:15:21 am by Doomblade187 »

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: January 29, 2018, 03:15:59 pm »

Krilge speaks in hushed tones, shouldering his bazooka.

"Gotcha, I won't aim for it on purpose, but I can't guarantee it won't be hit by debris. I'm also not going to go in with the demo charge, too much chance I'll be spotted I think. A nice rocket will do the job, anyway."

Get into a firing position, but stay in the cover of the foresty area I'm in. Ready my bazooka with an HE rocket and make sure there's nothing behind me for the backblast. Aim for the window with squad leader and rifleman, but hold fire. Only shoot if the go-ahead signal is given by the other team.

Slick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: January 29, 2018, 08:36:05 pm »

"Sounds good. I'll cover the eastern sentry if you cover the western. Phillip, you ready to go?'

Cover the Eastern sentry.
"Alright, but I only got grenades for this." He gestured to his grenade pouches and lack of sidearm. "If we need to deal with 'em...It's probably gonna be loud."

Cover the Western Sentry.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: January 30, 2018, 12:14:20 am »

"My apologies, Phillip. I meant Hans. You should prepare to close and throw if need be, though."
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11