Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Hunter / Quiver / Bolts issues  (Read 890 times)

Haytrid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Hunter / Quiver / Bolts issues
« on: January 04, 2018, 04:27:41 pm »

I have been playing 44.03 lately and I didn't use to have a problem with this and wondering if something is going on or I am just missing something.

I have a hunter:
This hunter has a crossbow:
This hunter has (or has available to him) two quivers

I have a craftsdwarf with accompanying workshop.
I have a repeating job making wooden bolts.
The craftsdwarf is definitely working on this job and presumably producing.

I have a storage area defined for JUST ammo and a storage next to it defined for JUST quivers

I can see the quivers in the storage area but the hunter will not go and get them
The bolts are never moved to storage from the craftsdwarf shop; presumably they are there and available, just not being moved.  I have tried to forbid and re-enable, remove and re-designate ???  Bolts will simply not get moved to storage.

It's been probably 2 1/2 years game time, there must be thousands and thousands of bolts in the workshop and I would have thought the workshop would have moved to a cluttered state but it has not and yet the craftsdwarf keeps working on them!

Am I missing a piece of the puzzle with this entire process?

Kind regards,

Haytrid

Loci

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Hunter / Quiver / Bolts issues
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2018, 05:01:38 pm »

I can see the quivers in the storage area but the hunter will not go and get them

Make sure your hunter is not in the military; military uniforms conflict with civilian "uniforms" (including a hunter's crossbow and quiver).

It's been probably 2 1/2 years game time, there must be thousands and thousands of bolts in the workshop and I would have thought the workshop would have moved to a cluttered state but it has not and yet the craftsdwarf keeps working on them!

You can check the contents of the workshop with the 't' command. If the bolts aren't being moved to a stockpile, it's likely your stockpile is setup incorrectly.

anewaname

• Bay Watcher
  • The mattock... My choice for problem solving.
    • View Profile
Re: Hunter / Quiver / Bolts issues
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2018, 08:07:40 pm »

When you enable the hunter skill (or woodcutter/miner) to a dwarf, they will pick up the equipment as soon as they finish their current job (except when they need food/drink/sleep more). As Loci said, take him out of the military. Also, if he is in the military and picked up a crossbow but not a quiver, this would mean that squad has no ammo assigned to it, which is something else to be aware of for future marksdwarf squads.
Quote from: dragdeler
There is something to be said about, if the stakes are as high, maybe reconsider your certitudes. One has to be aggressively allistic to feel entitled to be able to trust. But it won't happen to me, my bit doesn't count etc etc... Just saying, after my recent experiences I couldn't trust the public if I wanted to. People got their risk assessment neurons rotten and replaced with game theory. Folks walk around like fat turkeys taunting the world to slaughter them.