Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9

Author Topic: C.Seedship  (Read 10706 times)

kopout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: C.Seedship
« Reply #75 on: January 10, 2018, 08:14:17 pm »

Did we arrive at the new system yet?
"Karl Marx: Family jewels"
"Everyone's equally less rich than me!"
Quote from: Lezard
...although I've been having so much fun failing at this I just about forgot what my original aim was.

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 10, 2018, 08:18:40 pm »

Did we arrive at the new system yet?
Edited for clarity.
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 10, 2018, 09:31:58 pm »

We should check the cultural, and medical and healthcare databases to see if any of the information from the scientific, simulation, or engineering databases got mixed in with the other data.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 10, 2018, 09:41:18 pm »

We should check the cultural, and medical and healthcare databases to see if any of the information from the scientific, simulation, or engineering databases got mixed in with the other data.
There's sparse remaining data about Terran healthcare and culture remaining after the destruction that blew a crater in your hull. A few bits of data can be gleaned from the scientific and engineering database, but the information contained therein is broad, useful for finding them a place to live and 'feeding' them.

Blood_Librarian

• Bay Watcher
  • What is happening?
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 10, 2018, 09:56:56 pm »

What does the standard human look like? Do they have implants, purposeful modifications, etcetera?

Anything unique about them?

We should head to inactivity to save electricity.
if you want something wacky
Quote from: ChiefWaffles, MAR Discord
I continue to be puzzled by BL's attempts to make Aratam blatantly evil

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 10, 2018, 10:21:17 pm »

What does the standard human look like? Do they have implants, purposeful modifications, etcetera?

Anything unique about them?

We should head to inactivity to save electricity.

You turn your attention to the loom, to the standard template, comparing it to the standard Terran information contained in your database. They vary in color from pale to dark, but this is purely cosmetic now, the cells of their skin containing a modification that prevents a wide variety of skin cancers. They heal much faster, due to better designed immune systems and cellular regeneration. Brain matter has been made denser, with a higher level of connections. They no longer have belly buttons, instead each Terran designed by the Loom has a organic 'plastic' port installed in the back of their neck, with a wide variety of connections to the spinal matter. You don't understand it's purpose. A few cybernetic attachments are offered, arms, legs, spinal reinforcement, etc, but you notice none of them connect directly to the brain, the only thing that does is the port.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2018, 10:26:25 pm by filiusenox »

kopout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 10, 2018, 10:31:52 pm »

Does it seem like they would be able to function without cybernetics? Can they reproduce on their own or do we need to keep Looming them up? Do the ports connect to the simulator?

Investigate the rest of the genetics database, the animals, plants, and other organisms.
...although I've been having so much fun failing at this I just about forgot what my original aim was.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 10, 2018, 10:49:57 pm »

Ok, I now SERIOUSLY suspect we are a gestalt transhuman consciousness, and not a true AI.

It is possible that we attempted to commit suicide, and instead only served to destroy our own memory system.

The individual service drones themselves should have their own internal computer systems, data recorders, and operation logs.  Of the drones we had when we initially activated (as the ones we built later will not be useful here), conduct an investigation to recover and analyze these logs to see if any of them were in the equitorial region of our "body" when the "incident" occurred, and what data they have on it.

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 10, 2018, 11:06:11 pm »

Does it seem like they would be able to function without cybernetics? Can they reproduce on their own or do we need to keep Looming them up? Do the ports connect to the simulator?

Investigate the rest of the genetics database, the animals, plants, and other organisms.

The cybernetics are optional suggestions, with recommendations tied to planet type or threats. They are genetically sterile until certain criteria is met. Stable calorie intake, low stress for extended periods...the list goes on. The ports connect to both the loom and the simulator. You assume they might even be able to connect to one another with some assistance.

The animal genetic database contains low variant templates for 'cats, dogs, cows, pigs, sheep, goats, horses, DI-wolves, MP-bovine, meat compound.' The plant database contains hundreds more, most of them crops, some flowers, some herbs, with some cultivars being ultra efficient hybrids designed for multi-purpose use, while others are designated as 'artisan' . It also contains a number of algae, fungi, and yeast varieties, all of them beneficial.  There's no disease causing bacteria, no viruses, or parasites contained within the data banks, except for one, a singular parasite of an unknown classification. The scientific database contains no information, and the pattern itself has several code locks.

Ok, I now SERIOUSLY suspect we are a gestalt transhuman consciousness, and not a true AI.

It is possible that we attempted to commit suicide, and instead only served to destroy our own memory system.

The individual service drones themselves should have their own internal computer systems, data recorders, and operation logs.  Of the drones we had when we initially activated (as the ones we built later will not be useful here), conduct an investigation to recover and analyze these logs to see if any of them were in the equitorial region of our "body" when the "incident" occurred, and what data they have on it.

No engineering drones existed at that time, which is an irregularity in of itself. The individual databases within the semi-autonomous systems record nothing along those lines. Just a number of errors occurring at a corrupted time stamp, lists of lost parts, damages. It takes a year. One long year of trawling through information, cross referencing and analyzing before you notice that parts without radioactive shielding, the ones on the inside of the hull, shorted out first. Massive amounts of data was being rapidly accessed beforehand, enough to burn out several weaker circuits, even in the previous super-cooled internal atmosphere.
Your own internal error database is a mystery, corrupted into unintelligible errors before you 'awoke'.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2018, 11:50:57 pm by filiusenox »

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 10, 2018, 11:14:30 pm »

Hmmm..  Someone or something caused memory circuits to literally EXPLODE due to hyperfast access?  That seems... unlikely.  I could see how it can cause corruption, (See "RowHammer exploit") but I dont see how it would cause actual explosions. 

Again, we have multiple personality fragments, and we have time while we transit. Perform a heuristic scan against our personality fragments for data not contained neatly in our databases.  (As again, I suspect we are a gestalt transhuman conciousness, and our database was originally created by humans. If some of those same humans exist in us as personality fragments, we may still have the data, just in a jumbled up, disparate form.)

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 10, 2018, 11:25:17 pm »

I think something was accessing our database when we were suddenly hit by some kind of weapon.  My guess is we were fleeing the enemy and it was trying to take control of us at the same time as shoot us down.  Maybe some kind of cyber warfare to make us stop dodging long enough to hit us.

Anyway, we should go through the simulation database and experience it while noting down all the errors we can find, once we find them all maybe we can fix them or "average" them out so the experience is less jarring.  Don't alter anything yet, just find the errors for now.

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 10, 2018, 11:34:21 pm »

Hmmm..  Someone or something caused memory circuits to literally EXPLODE due to hyperfast access?  That seems... unlikely.  I could see how it can cause corruption, (See "RowHammer exploit") but I dont see how it would cause actual explosions. 

Again, we have multiple personality fragments, and we have time while we transit. Perform a heuristic scan against our personality fragments for data not contained neatly in our databases.  (As again, I suspect we are a gestalt transhuman conciousness, and our database was originally created by humans. If some of those same humans exist in us as personality fragments, we may still have the data, just in a jumbled up, disparate form.)

The damage to the circuits is due to increased voltage applied in rapidly increasing, controlled increments. The radiation damage came milliseconds after in an outward arc from a service bay located near your mainframe.
Scanning the personality fragments reveals nothing that you don't already know, or any hidden data. However, your primary intelligence has more control over databases and processing than the rest combined, making the process simple. You note that you control 63% of all processing, the rest divided equally among the personalities.

I think something was accessing our database when we were suddenly hit by some kind of weapon.  My guess is we were fleeing the enemy and it was trying to take control of us at the same time as shoot us down.  Maybe some kind of cyber warfare to make us stop dodging long enough to hit us.

Anyway, we should go through the simulation database and experience it while noting down all the errors we can find, once we find them all maybe we can fix them or "average" them out so the experience is less jarring.  Don't alter anything yet, just find the errors for now.

What does blood smell like? How does it feel? What do goosebumps feel like? Does the sight of all these stars simulate a release of chemicals? These questions haunt you as you begin to search through the simulation database. The scientific database provides some answers, but you've never experienced any of these sensations. How can you accurately simulate them? Another concern is that you are simply incompatible with the simulation system. It connects through spinal implants to simulate feeling, pain, hunger...you cannot experience this.

kopout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 10, 2018, 11:41:47 pm »

The cybernetics are optional suggestions, with recommendations tied to planet type or threats. They are genetically sterile until certain criteria is met. Stable calorie intake, low stress for extended periods...the list goes on. The ports connect to both the loom and the simulator. You assume they might even be able to connect to one another with some assistance.

The animal genetic database contains low variant templates for 'cats, dogs, cows, pigs, sheep, goats, horses, DI-wolves, MP-bovine, meat compound.' The plant database contains hundreds more, most of them crops, some flowers, some herbs, with some cultivars being ultra efficient hybrids designed for multi-purpose use, while others are designated as 'artisan' . It also contains a number of algae, fungi, and yeast varieties, all of them beneficial.  There's no bacteria, no viruses, or parasites contained within the data banks, except for one, a singular parasite of an unknown classification. The scientific database contains no information, and the pattern itself has several code locks.

I assume you mean no disease causing bacteria? Because no bacteria at all could be a problem, even if the plants, animals, and (post)humans have been engineered to not need a microbiome. I suppose you could engineer yeasts to do most or maybe even all of the same ecological functions but that's reinventing the wheel. That extra parasite is... interesting. I bet its a goa'uld.

Find out if we can alter the templates in any way. We don't have to do it yet and may never but it would be good to know if we can.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 10, 2018, 11:44:33 pm »

Hm, I was going to guess that a shielding failure (Self-induced...or not) was responsible, although the bowed-outwards material that is apparently superstrong and beyond our understanding definitely suggests an unregistered device (Since no reactors or nuclear weapons were cataloged as being stored there) of nuclear origin.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9