Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 15

Author Topic: Cataclysm  (Read 9129 times)

Blood_Librarian

• Bay Watcher
  • What is happening?
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm
« Reply #135 on: January 23, 2018, 11:30:32 am »

I got it, we need weapons!

Pull out a flip knife and start turning long sticks into spears.
if you want something wacky
Quote from: ChiefWaffles, MAR Discord
I continue to be puzzled by BL's attempts to make Aratam blatantly evil

Rahx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: January 23, 2018, 10:33:52 pm »

Grabs a glass and starts getting rid of the after taste and eventually drinks some water. After using the glass washes it out and leaves it to dry then heads back to the group which is not doing anything. Scratch that someone is making some sort of stick spear. Sighing.

"So, uh, is there anything we should probably do here...?"

Jilladilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Most Sleep Deprived
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: January 23, 2018, 10:37:40 pm »

FINISH HIM! (Him being the corn, and by one final ram)

Glory to United Forenia!

If you see a 'Nemonole' on the internet elsewhere, it's probably me

darkwarlock3

• Bay Watcher
  • !!LET IT BURN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: January 23, 2018, 10:59:21 pm »

tree club smash the ground as a warning saying this is my dinner along with a battle cry ARAGGAGGGGRAGRGGRAG
« Last Edit: January 23, 2018, 11:17:04 pm by darkwarlock3 »
I need more things to join, Send me a request if you need players for something.
I came for the games and stayed for the lack of sanity.
Grammar is my only weakness

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: January 23, 2018, 11:18:38 pm »

Die you overgrown pile of produce.

Attack the corn monster and avoid the car.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2018, 11:22:06 pm by Smoke Mirrors »
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: January 24, 2018, 03:21:15 pm »

Play dead.

Take another shot at casting illusions.
At least we killed the boy and hurt an old man.
SPAMOVERLORD - play as the Empire and break ALL the cliches! | Doomhollow - A reasonably sane succession fort! | Give a Damn!

Rahx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: January 24, 2018, 10:25:58 pm »

Starts walking up to the Jeep since no one is responding with ideas of what to do. Tries to remember if she had unpacked everything from a trip to her parents house during a planned Christmas vacation before the new year. If this is one of those times which she had not unpacked everything she would have a good amount of stuff to survive and use for protecting herself for a while.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: January 25, 2018, 12:33:30 am »

On Corn
Ana Light revs the engine once more, swerving in a wide arc to turn fully around and then barreling straight at the cornbeast. At the same time, the shadow leaps at the imprisoned monster, trying to tear bits off. Ana grins expectantly as she drives, feeling the energy of the earth pushing her upward and onward once more —

but this time, not quite far enough. An earthen ramp fails to materialise a second time, and instead of sailing through the beast's corny body she strikes it in the leg with a thud and comes to a sudden stop, mired in corn. Unfortunately, the shadow was clinging to the same leg in its effort to RIP AND TEAR the corn, and, though he tried valiantly to avoid the car, he only managed to jump vaguely toward it, rolling up over the windshield instead of being pinned betwixt car and corn. This was probably the better option, really. Ana is too startled for a moment to take her foot off the gas, though, and the engine rapidly heats up as it strains against the corn-hobbled axles! Ana quickly catches herself and avoids the danger of starting a corn fire, but it's clear that the car isn't going anywhere any time soon, or maybe ever.

At no point during any of this did the corn monster move or show any sign of damage.

On Squirrels
Ernor Glasswinds plays dead, which is easy because he very nearly is. Rakasas beats the ground with a tree to ward off the squirrels; the small one decides to nope right back out of this engagement, but the large one only gets angrier. Ernor slips in and out of unconsciousness and something strange happens: his wild wolf dreams of running in the dark and chasing small squeaking things become projected around him, blending wakefulness into sleep!

Unfortunately, this projection only affects him and the gnome and troll. The squirrel continues to see the normal world. As far as Rakasas and Lucas can tell, though, they've been teleported by some kind of squirrel magic to a dark and shadowy world of vague outlines and shifting moonlight that seems to be running past them even as they stand still.

On Prancer and Vixen
Tolodor Wick contemplates sharpening some sticks to make spears. Tolodor Wick pulls out a flip knife before quickly realising she didn't bring any sticks, and the stick reserves of a typical suburban home are shockingly low. She asks for a yardstick to sharpen instead, but Chantar is surprisingly protective of his measuring equipment. Luatyr Theosia helps herself to a glass of water to wash out the vomit, then heads outside hoping to find some conveniently forgotten supplies in her Jeep. The universe declines to provide, however, it appears, as she finds nothing there but a discarded yogurt pot ("what, I don't even eat yogurt", she thinks) and... wait, is that a bundle of sticks? What are the odds? Luatyr brings the sticks back inside and gives them to Tolodor, who accepts them eagerly and begins crafting spears.

Chantar immediately begins fussing about the wood shavings getting in his carpets.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: January 25, 2018, 06:50:47 am »

Chantar immediately begins fussing about the wood shavings getting in his carpets.
[He might have, had it not been for the fact that there was plenty of that already on it from bringing all the garage equipment into the living room.]
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Rahx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: January 25, 2018, 08:01:41 am »

With the apparent fussing looks at Chantar.

"Well do you have any better ideas as to what to do? This place does not scream 'hey give me a hand with doing this or that' or figuring out what to do if this storm ever blows over. Besides one way or another this place will be very difficult to keep clean."

Goes back to sitting down on the floor hugging her knees.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: January 25, 2018, 09:44:30 am »

Spoiler: sheet (click to show/hide)
is this too late?
« Last Edit: January 25, 2018, 10:54:09 am by Tack »
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Blood_Librarian

• Bay Watcher
  • What is happening?
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: January 25, 2018, 11:44:58 am »

Tolodor carves her sticks like she does her potatoes. Over a Trashcan. Like NORMAL people. Gosh.

Make some execellant quality spears for myself, and maybe normal ones for other people if I get around too it.
if you want something wacky
Quote from: ChiefWaffles, MAR Discord
I continue to be puzzled by BL's attempts to make Aratam blatantly evil

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: January 25, 2018, 07:42:41 pm »

Spoiler: sheet (click to show/hide)
is this too late?
Not necessarily, but do you have a name? :P

darkwarlock3

• Bay Watcher
  • !!LET IT BURN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: January 25, 2018, 08:53:21 pm »

break free from the this projection and smash the large squirrel
I need more things to join, Send me a request if you need players for something.
I came for the games and stayed for the lack of sanity.
Grammar is my only weakness

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: January 25, 2018, 09:58:39 pm »

I thought you’d give me one XD.
Is how it looked like it started off.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 15