Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 15

Author Topic: Cataclysm  (Read 9130 times)

Rahx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm (Interest Check)
« Reply #120 on: January 21, 2018, 11:08:28 pm »

For being half-ascended she moves as fast as one. For anyone bothering to closely listen you hear noises related to people losing their lunch.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: January 21, 2018, 11:15:30 pm »

Ok, screw this.

Create a rune circle around me, so that anything besides me that crosses it will have its necromantic energy drained and transferred to me.
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

darkwarlock3

• Bay Watcher
  • !!LET IT BURN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: January 21, 2018, 11:19:16 pm »

society? you mean the castles and knights that try to hunt me? what year is it lad or i will eat you!
I need more things to join, Send me a request if you need players for something.
I came for the games and stayed for the lack of sanity.
Grammar is my only weakness

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: January 21, 2018, 11:27:33 pm »

"2018, 2018! Castles are rarely important locations, and knighthood has been replaced by organizations known as 'police'. The world sort of had an apocalypse, so I'm not sure they'll exist for as long, though..."

Either this guy was a lunatic larper or refugee from ancient times, suggesting that time travel is a thing. He wasn't sure which he hoped for more.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

darkwarlock3

• Bay Watcher
  • !!LET IT BURN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: January 21, 2018, 11:32:31 pm »

wait 2018 but i was in (insert random dark age time here). so the world has change how the hell did you people manage to mess it up this badly
I need more things to join, Send me a request if you need players for something.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: January 21, 2018, 11:49:19 pm »

"I-insert random dark age time h-here? But...that mean's you somehow skipped forward calculate the difference in years here years! And, for your information, things were absolutely fine yesterday! In fact, if you had arrived in out time but a week ago, you'd know how much better society would be, except for this cataclysm! Society as a whole has not caused this to happen, I can assure you that much.

Well, we need to get settled in somewhere. In the middle of the forest, there won't be much to find. We need resources, food, shelter, water. You don't know much about this location in this era, so I'd best lead you there
".

Find way back to city, looking for shelter and stuff to scavenge.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

darkwarlock3

• Bay Watcher
  • !!LET IT BURN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: January 21, 2018, 11:59:57 pm »

we should find somewhere to go first that storm does not look pleasant, so shelter should be first

Blood_Librarian

• Bay Watcher
  • What is happening?
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: January 22, 2018, 10:17:59 am »

Look at exactly what kind of computer & lethal quipment I have on me, mostly just to confirm how useless I am in the current isutation.

(Gun, Hacking equipment, random magic garbage, etc?)
if you want something wacky
Quote from: ChiefWaffles, MAR Discord
I continue to be puzzled by BL's attempts to make Aratam blatantly evil

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: January 22, 2018, 10:20:03 am »

ROUND TWO! BITE IT!

Also, shout "Hey troll! Little help here?!"
At least we killed the boy and hurt an old man.
SPAMOVERLORD - play as the Empire and break ALL the cliches! | Doomhollow - A reasonably sane succession fort! | Give a Damn!

Jilladilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Most Sleep Deprived
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: January 22, 2018, 09:12:13 pm »

Arguing in her head for a few seconds on whether to just run or be the Big Damn Hero, Ana turns the car around, and rockets forward! RAMMING SPEED! DEATH TO THE CORN BEAST!

Glory to United Forenia!

If you see a 'Nemonole' on the internet elsewhere, it's probably me

darkwarlock3

• Bay Watcher
  • !!LET IT BURN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: January 22, 2018, 10:13:28 pm »

i pick up the dumb gnome and charge in to the distressed snack tree club incoming to scary away predators to my meal

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: January 22, 2018, 10:46:54 pm »

I Sit down on the floor and rest for a bit, its been quite a while since I had a good time to do that.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: January 23, 2018, 12:02:54 am »

Smoke Mirrors:
Contemplating your situation, you find another strange thread of knowledge tugging at your memory. You imagine – no, you envision an unfamiliar pattern of symbols which you somehow know could, if etched into the ground, create a sort of drain that would empower you with another being's energy. Another being such as that corn behemoth which happens to contain a great store of energy you feel you could be using much better. Grinning, you quickly shape a sharp claw from your shadowy form and prepare to etch the floor...

Ah, you think. Right. The floor is made of corn.

A litter of cornstalks and corn straw and discarded kernels thatches the ground, offering no useful surface to write the runes appearing in your mind. Unwilling to let that stop you, though, you improvise, hastily scrabbling bits of stalk and cob into shapes at least loosely resembling the symbols you imagined, and, just as the thundering of the corn beast reaches you and you turn away in fright —

you see your corn-runes glowing, and turn back to see the beast suspended mid-lunge. You don't feel its energy being drained, or, if it is, it's draining very slowly, but it seems you constructed these improvised symbols well enough to shield you. Cautiously, you lay a hand on the gently vibrating corn making up the beast's arm – and at that moment you are forced to jump away, as the metal object from before comes careening through the cornstalks to your left and slams fully into the monster.

OceanSoul (and darkwarlock3):
You have no idea where you are and no idea how to get back to Seattle from here. Before you can even begin to think about getting up and looking around, though, you both hear a distant voice calling for help! It's actually a very strange voice, though, sort of growly and unnatural, like someone having trouble making sounds with a mouth that was never designed for it. Still, someone needs help, you think! You took an oath for this! Well, not this specifically, but it's clearly within the spirit! You're obviously going to run off to help, right?

Before you can decide, the troll grabs you and slings you over his shoulder.

Blood_Librarian:
The mer-elf – Kalamos, you remember, though you were a little distracted when he said it – looks you over thoroughly, seemingly inspecting and taking stock of all the equipment on your person. You're too surprised even to object to this, at the moment. He then returns to his computer, which you noticed recently made another dinging sound, and resumes typing.

You realise that you have your smartphone, which is perhaps more like a tablet, or a phablet or whatever idiotic thing they're calling them nowadays, a nice watch, a military-grade radio, and not much else worthy of mention. You wish you'd had the opportunity to grab some of your more interesting devices, but you didn't know you'd be leaving your apartment for the last time. You're less armed than you'd like to be, since you weren't on deployment when the apocalypse struck, and South Korea has strict gun regulations for civilians, but you do have an array of knives that would stagger lesser souls, secreted away in every imaginable hiding spot. For a moment you think "wait, how could he possibly have known about—" but you quickly discard that train of thought as meaningless and even nonsensical. Man, sometimes you think the weirdest things, right? Well, you don't dwell on that a moment more.

Your approximate uselessness evaluation: 300% useless.

blueturtle1134:
You attempt to bite the squirrel. This goes very, very badly. It turns out that the direct approach is suboptimal against an angry, territorial squirrel at least twice your size. Instead of closing around its furry neck, your jaws are interrupted by a forceful smack from its paw, pushing you to the ground, whereupon it bites you instead, like this is Soviet Russia or something. You are now dazed, bitten, bleeding, and probably going to catch some weird embarrassing squirrel disease. Luckily you had the presence of mind to shout for help first.

Jilladilla:
Ah, finally, you think! Back to the corn monster! You were getting impatient waiting to find out what was going to happen to you, and all this weird in-universe narration business was giving you a headache, too. You point the car in the direction of the thumping and stomp on the gas again, cackling maniacally all the while. It feels as though the earth itself is lifting you up and pushing you forward, and it doesn't take long at all before you plow directly into a wall of corn that you assume was probably the corn monster, though you only get a brief glimpse of it as you punch through and careen on about twenty more yards before you slow to a stop. For a moment the cornfield seems to be flickering, and as it re-stabilises you look behind you to see a huge pile of corn, unmoving and seemingly hanging in the air, with an approximately car-sized hole about a foot above ground level veiled in ethereally-crackling black energy. Through that hole you see a ramp of stone leading up to it that you are almost certain wasn't there before, and off to the side you see... a strange black thing, far more solid-looking than the energy in the corn mass.

Very slowly, loose kernels and occasionally whole cobs seem to be drawing up off the ground to fly into the mass.

darkwarlock3 (and OceanSoul):
You grab the gnome and run toward the cry! In a few minutes, you crash in onto a strange scene: a hapless wolf, bloodied and beaten, being kicked around by the giant squirrel you pacified earlier. Some rustling on the other side evinces another forest-dweller coming to investigate the call, in the person of the small squirrel who resisted your charms in the same fight. Interesting!

crazyabe:
You sink silently to the floor and shut your eyes. Man, you three are even worse company than Chantar. Kalamos finally finishes typing and half-turns to sort of glower at both of you still in the room.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm
« Reply #133 on: January 23, 2018, 03:48:17 am »

((The interest has been successfully checked?))
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Rahx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm
« Reply #134 on: January 23, 2018, 07:51:27 am »

((The interest has been successfully checked?))

We have had about a half a dozen turns already so yeah? You still want in?

After about of ten minutes being in the bathroom; walks out looking for something to wash away the aftertaste. Mostly water before returning to the group, coughing while looking.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2018, 08:07:50 am by Rahx »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 15