Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 15

Author Topic: Cataclysm  (Read 9136 times)

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm (Interest Check)
« Reply #105 on: January 21, 2018, 05:59:42 pm »

Trading a glance with the dark elf, the mer-elf responds: "We're working on that. But, it's safe enough here for now. If projections are right, the other anomalies should — oh, hey, Chantar, the anomaly that disappeared earlier just came back on. That makes six, and three of them are clustered together up in the northwest."

OceanSoul:
You remember that you come from the mysterious and mystical land of Seattle, although you don't think you're there now. This could be any generic forest in the Pacific northwest, for all you know. Or maybe anywhere else. You don't really go camping much. Or at all.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2018, 06:01:14 pm by Maximum Spin »

Rahx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 21, 2018, 06:30:07 pm »

"... So since we are going to be here for a while lets introduce ourselves. My name is Luatyr. I used to be in New York working for the US Bank as personal and cyber security before everything went to hell. I have no idea where I am, I am certain that Jeep I have outside is going to run out of gas real quick never mind how it is going to keep running and I do not understand how I survived being struck by lighting. What about the rest of you guys?"

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 21, 2018, 07:55:11 pm »

"Well, last I knew before passing out, I was in Seattle. Any idea how far you've gone with me?"
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

darkwarlock3

• Bay Watcher
  • !!LET IT BURN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 21, 2018, 09:04:55 pm »

Seattle? why is the land name that what year is it?
I need more things to join, Send me a request if you need players for something.
I came for the games and stayed for the lack of sanity.
Grammar is my only weakness

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 21, 2018, 09:37:43 pm »

What was going on here, Lucas thought, if monsters were swarming the world and this man knows so little about the world itself? Perhaps he was a foreigner, and didn't know our language well, so he wanted to know what the year was called and...no. That doesn't matter now.
"Seattle's an area of land that a lot of people have lived in and colonized. A city, if you will. It's in a larger section of land called the state of Washington. That, too, is part of a larger grouping of land, called the United States of America. Now, mind if I ask you why you don't know these things?"
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

darkwarlock3

• Bay Watcher
  • !!LET IT BURN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 21, 2018, 09:42:30 pm »

what's Washington, is it some new kingdom? Who owns the land?
I need more things to join, Send me a request if you need players for something.
I came for the games and stayed for the lack of sanity.
Grammar is my only weakness

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 21, 2018, 09:47:37 pm »

"... So since we are going to be here for a while lets introduce ourselves. My name is Luatyr. I used to be in New York working for the US Bank as personal and cyber security before everything went to hell. I have no idea where I am, I am certain that Jeep I have outside is going to run out of gas real quick never mind how it is going to keep running and I do not understand how I survived being struck by lighting. What about the rest of you guys?"
"I'm Kalamos. I'm from not far from here. Unless space is getting worse, this is Texas. And you survived being struck by lightning because of magic, probably."

Blood_Librarian

• Bay Watcher
  • What is happening?
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 21, 2018, 10:01:41 pm »

"I came from a painted house down the street, I'm pretty sure I entered into the movie of Hollywood. Where is this place--Erh, I am Tolodor, apologies."
if you want something wacky
Quote from: ChiefWaffles, MAR Discord
I continue to be puzzled by BL's attempts to make Aratam blatantly evil

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 21, 2018, 10:07:03 pm »

I wasn't being useless, just prudent. I have no idea whether the troll is on my side or not.

Run after the troll and track him down, watch from a safe distance.
At least we killed the boy and hurt an old man.
SPAMOVERLORD - play as the Empire and break ALL the cliches! | Doomhollow - A reasonably sane succession fort! | Give a Damn!

Rahx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 21, 2018, 10:12:22 pm »

Blankly stares at Kalamos.

"Probably?"

You have a slight idea if it was not for asking everyone's name she would probably be doing more than just saying probably. She also seems to be a bit sickish for some reason.

Jilladilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Most Sleep Deprived
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: January 21, 2018, 10:33:18 pm »

Try to reverse the car to get it unstuck? If that doesn't work, draw my trusty wrench, and just run.

Glory to United Forenia!

If you see a 'Nemonole' on the internet elsewhere, it's probably me

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: January 21, 2018, 10:39:35 pm »

"Well, people have survived lightning strikes without magic before. But you look pretty unharmed, so magic seems the most likely answer."

Kalamos' computer dings and he returns his attention to it, typing furiously.

Smoke Mirrors:
You attempt to use your own inner necromantic energy to take control of the corn monster. Unfortunately, there's way more corn than there is you, and you find yourself pouring your energy into a much deeper vessel, metaphorically speaking, than you expected. For a moment you worry you might have made it slightly stronger, but once you've pulled yourself back together you think you got all your energy back – but, unfortunately, the corn monster definitely knows where you are now. You hear it charging toward you from very far away; it's definitely not the source of that groaning noise, either – which has since stopped.

OceanSoul:
You woke up suddenly, at some point in the recent past relative to this post! You see a troll! The troll is definitely not drooling, so that's a plus, you guess? Maybe he just has better manners than that, though.

blueturtle1134:
As you begin nosing the path the troll took, you find that it takes you closer to the rustling noise. Unfortunately, you quickly determine that this rustling noise is an irritated-looking giant squirrel, much larger than the one you fought previously. It looks confused and perhaps like it has a slight headache, and stumbles along as if it can't quite remember what it was doing and is vexed about this. It looks at you, foggily, and starts to growl as it contemplates taking out its frustration on you.

Jilladilla:
Readying a wrench just in case, you throw the car into reverse, and finds that it slides back off the mound of corn you'd immured yourself in quite handily. You zoom backward about four yards, which is enough to get yourself free to try a new direction. Suddenly, you hear the corn monster roar from somewhere distant as it begins charging – but, judging by the sound of the tremendous thundering footsteps, not quite at you. Is there someone else here?

Kalamos finishes typing and turns back to Luatyr.
"Sorry, just trying to keep track of the anomalies. It makes that sound when there's new movement or some other significant event... we haven't had much luck working on them lately, though. Anyway, you were saying?"
« Last Edit: January 21, 2018, 11:09:07 pm by Maximum Spin »

Rahx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: January 21, 2018, 10:50:12 pm »

Starts looking around for a bathroom. The events that got her to this place seems to have caught up with her.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: January 21, 2018, 10:55:48 pm »

Rahx:
Kalamos points down. "There are restrooms on the second floor. Try to keep them clean."

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: January 21, 2018, 10:57:15 pm »

what's Washington, is it some new kingdom? Who owns the land?
"Kingdom? Barely any land is controlled by Kingdoms these days. Only a few places in Europe. As for ownership...well, where should I start? A group of people that our nation's citizens vote for rule. Currently, a Hobgoblin named Donnel Krump is the head of the country. I had...doubts about how he'd do, but now I'm sure that {POLITICAL JOKE WITHHELD}! ...Anyway, how long have you been away from society?"

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 15