Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 15

Author Topic: Cataclysm  (Read 9138 times)

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm (Interest Check)
« Reply #90 on: January 21, 2018, 12:13:24 pm »

I Head down.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 21, 2018, 01:15:23 pm »

darkwarlock3:
In a panic, you begin gesticulating at the squirrels in an attempt to convince them that you mean no harm. The largest squirrel suddenly looks at you, confused, then turns around and lumbers away. Two other squirrels look generally pacified, but the fourth and smallest waves and chitters angrily at its companions, then growls at you. You pick up a branch and swing it experimentally; the angry squirrel, intimidated upon realising it no longer has backup, cowers back a bit; it's still glaring at you but seems willing to let you pass.

Jilladilla:
You put the pedal to the metal!

You get about forty yards before the wheels bog down in corn, and your adventure comes to less of a screeching halt and more of a grinding corny groan. Turning back, though, the corn monster is nowhere to be seen! Did you lose it? You hope you lost it.

Smoke Mirrors:
You attempt to fade into the shadows and become intangible. You're not totally sure if that's even something you can physically do, but it sounds reasonable, right? You flatten yourself against the ground as hard as you can, until you think you feel yourself becoming one with the corn, and attempt to chase the metal object. Unfortunately, it's way too fast to follow from this vantage point, and you lose track of it in seconds amid the unnaturally heaving cornstalks. You can hear a vague groaning sound a short distance away, but you have no idea if that's the metal thing you're trying to follow, or the corn monster you're trying to avoid! This isn't going as well as you hoped.

blueturtle1134:
For a moment you contemplate the possibility that those strange spectral wolves might come to your aid again, perhaps in the form of trolls to distract the bee swarm, but this seems to be unavailing. You simply watch the troll run past, instead. This is equally useless, and the troll quickly passes out of your field of view. After about a minute, the swarm, rather more dispersed, filters back through the trees, apparently returning to the hive after having either killed or lost their quarry. You continue to think about how completely useless you're being for everyone right now. Then you hear a rustling in the trees a little way to the west.

AbstractTraitorHero:
You are not an expert at gauging the safety of calamari! You're not sure you've even seen any calamari before, and you wonder what strange whim made your parents stock the bunker with so much of it. After prodding it vaguely with a fork to make sure it isn't going to start moving again, you eventually satisfy yourself that there is nothing left to do but try it. So you do.

It's a bit of a strange taste, and sort of rubbery, but I guess you seem to like it!

crazyabe, Blood_Librarian, and Rahx:
The three of you decide to ignore whatever silly nonsense is going on outside the windows, and descend via the ladder. You find yourselves arriving in a small antechamber opening onto a comfortable-looking living room, though strewn with strange equipment that seems to have been dragged in with some disorderly haste. There are some thin lines of sawdust in the antechamber, offering evidence that something was hauled down from the floor above. After a few seconds you realise that a mer-elf, probably about the same age as the dark elf, is curled up with a computer in one of the chairs, gazing quietly at you as you enter before turning back to the screen without a word.

That's me, of course. I hope you'll forgive my lack of greeting, but I'm rather busy typing this update at the moment.

The dark elf from before comes down the ladder after you.

Rahx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 21, 2018, 01:26:38 pm »

Walks in and takes a look around. Mostly looking for a spot to sit down, relax, and let the thrill finally fade from going postal to getting to where she is now.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 21, 2018, 01:43:27 pm »

"I'm certain I should know something about sonething, perhaps the corn monster atleast, well, here goes nothing... why did I say that?"

Monstrology check on the corn monster.
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

darkwarlock3

• Bay Watcher
  • !!LET IT BURN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 21, 2018, 02:09:49 pm »

I go find a nice place in this forest to eat this gnome
I need more things to join, Send me a request if you need players for something.
I came for the games and stayed for the lack of sanity.
Grammar is my only weakness

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 21, 2018, 02:48:59 pm »

Rahx:
You look around the cluttered room. There are technically many places to sit; the only problem is that they are all occupied by mysterious-looking machinery, some of it almost as big as you, and none of it comfortable enough to share a seat with. You notice a free half a chair on the other side of the room and hustle over to it, but just as you get there the dark elf absent-mindedly stacks a strange beeping device there. You decide to sit on the floor instead.

Smoke Mirrors:
Of course you know what this corn monster is! You don't know why, exactly, but the knowledge seems to be written into your very DNA, if DNA is actually even something you have. The point is, the same chaos that birthed you fuels this monstrosity, and you instinctively understand how it works: a large amount of dead corn has been animated by raw necromantic energy, probably one of many such animations taking place around the world right now. The resulting creature would naturally have power over corn, and the sheer amount of corn around made it powerful enough to cause a spatial distortion, sealing everything that enters its cornfield into a sort of pocket dimension where it rules. The simplest way to escape would be to kill the monster, disrupting its pocket dimension. The simplest way, in turn, to do that would be to destroy the corn making up its body, causing the necromantic energy to dissipate.

darkwarlock3:
After a few minutes of searching, you find a nice quiet spot for a picnic, and settle down with your gnome.

Still no sign of OceanSoul. I guess we're doing this.

Rahx, crazyabe, Blood_Librarian, and Glass:
The mer-elf suddenly looks up and tells the dark elf: "Another anomaly was detected while you were up there, making five unsecured anomalies so far. Two groups of two, and the one from before that is still underground."
« Last Edit: January 21, 2018, 04:21:25 pm by Maximum Spin »

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 21, 2018, 03:02:21 pm »

I have a better idea...

Use my own necromancy powers to take command of the corn monster.
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 21, 2018, 03:18:04 pm »

Yell out "Bah!", as if waking up from a nightmare, and look at the troll suspiciously. Confirm if he's drooling or not.

"Errrrgh...did you catch me? Save me?" He puts two of his fingers on the right side of his neck, checking his own pulse. "Well, I'm probably not a zombie or anything."
EDIT:
i asked for the land name not yours lucas, it's not me being desperate I always have done this
In addition to original action, remember the name of the city, and/or country.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2018, 05:45:32 pm by OceanSoul »
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Rahx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: January 21, 2018, 03:22:00 pm »

Hugging her legs while sitting on the floor.

"You mean those storms.... Right?"

darkwarlock3

• Bay Watcher
  • !!LET IT BURN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: January 21, 2018, 03:29:21 pm »

so my meal decided to wake up at the worst time, well since your up what is this land call little gnome
I need more things to join, Send me a request if you need players for something.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: January 21, 2018, 04:00:22 pm »

"H-Hey! You shouldn't be that desperate! ...er, what the land calls me? Well, uh what what it again? Ah, yes, Lucas Clarke, at your acquaintance".
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

darkwarlock3

• Bay Watcher
  • !!LET IT BURN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 21, 2018, 04:15:00 pm »

i asked for the land name not yours lucas, it's not me being desperate I always have done this
« Last Edit: January 21, 2018, 04:18:01 pm by darkwarlock3 »

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 21, 2018, 04:23:32 pm »

The mer-elf stares at Luatyr for a moment, weighing how much to reveal. "No, not the storms. We don't entirely know what the anomalies actually represent at the moment, in fact. But three of them converged on this location moments before you arrived, so I have some theories."

Rahx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 21, 2018, 05:37:09 pm »

"So do any of those theories help us survive at all once this blows over?"
« Last Edit: January 21, 2018, 05:39:44 pm by Rahx »

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: January 21, 2018, 05:44:23 pm »

In addition to original action, remember the name of the city, and/or country.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 15