Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 15

Author Topic: Cataclysm  (Read 9124 times)

Blood_Librarian

• Bay Watcher
  • What is happening?
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm (Interest Check)
« Reply #45 on: January 09, 2018, 07:53:20 pm »

Pull out my handy dandy pistol of shooting, open the door and back the fuck up. If something pops out,run away. If nothing pops out, sneak to the east unless there something interesting in the house.
if you want something wacky
Quote from: ChiefWaffles, MAR Discord
I continue to be puzzled by BL's attempts to make Aratam blatantly evil

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 10, 2018, 08:36:35 am »

Keen and PTW and pending sheet.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Jilladilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Most Sleep Deprived
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 10, 2018, 11:06:49 am »

Drive in a southernly direction, keeping the street names in mind. Also keep an eye out for any triangles.

Glory to United Forenia!

If you see a 'Nemonole' on the internet elsewhere, it's probably me

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 10, 2018, 07:07:20 pm »

"I wasn't trying to escape, just fight on level ground, literally.

Jump at the squirrel's throat. If I have illusions, now would be a good time to find out.
At least we killed the boy and hurt an old man.
SPAMOVERLORD - play as the Empire and break ALL the cliches! | Doomhollow - A reasonably sane succession fort! | Give a Damn!

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 10, 2018, 08:36:42 pm »

Brushing themselves off and rising she supposed she had something to do. She should get acquainted with her surroundings. Figure out more about this bunker surely in a few hours they would have dinner but for now, might as well follow mom and dads league.

Activate Bunker exploration
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 11, 2018, 02:25:43 pm »

crazyabe:
Heart pounding, you look around manically for some means of escape. As you scan over your surroundings, knowledge rises unbidden, as stored away in some dark corner of your mind until ready to be used. You somehow understand, suddenly, that the people around you are truly dead, underneath, and that the strange ants crawling across the bodies are the ones really running the show here. A sort of gestalt mind, seeking more victims, more food, more bodies to drive to get more victims and more food and more – and so on. As you realise this, another impulse jumps into your brain, and you find yourself muttering some strange words in what you think is probably German. At once, the zombies(?) nearest you... change. They stand still, straighter, and their eyes begin to glow red – the ants crawling on them seem agitated somehow, as if something is not going according to plan. And then those bodies shuffle off to either side, leaving you a free path out of the circle, while the others look on in stupid confusion.

You stroll casually away, taking a moment to crush one of the ants with your heel just for spite.

Rahx:
As you pull up and take a good look into the alley, you discover that it is not an alleyway at all! The space looks like it was once occupied by a building, which is now floating about a hundred feet above, and, even though by rights it should be shielded in shadow on all sides, sunlight pours out of the gap, seeming purer and hotter than that shining everywhere else in view. As you look, though, your stomach lurches with vertigo, because looming ahead of you appears to be the ground – it is as if the space opens up directly onto a suburban street, from above. There is a crowd of people below(?), and... some large unpleasant-looking things that are luckily paying no attention to you at all.

Unfortunately, while you're gawking, some other large unpleasant-looking thing roaming the streets turns out of an intersection ahead of you, and begins to pay attention to you.

darkwarlock3:
You run a bit further along the ridge, but, before you get very far, something else interesting happens! Another one of those strange beasts comes roaring past in the same direction, and this one had a gnome riding on it! I say "had", because the gnome just jumped off and rolled down the hill, ending up a few yards ahead of you and very unconscious.

Blood_Librarian:
You go to open the door, and find to your confusion that the door does not actually seem to exist. In fact, the whole house is a two-dimensional surface, like a cardboard cutout of a house. Circling around to the side a bit, you determine that, from this angle, the house definitely looks like an ordinary three-dimensional house, with all the right bits projecting or recessed, but as you walk back to face it directly, that view becomes increasingly warped, until from the front it is perfectly flat again. After making a perplexed face at this for a few seconds, you decide it isn't really your problem and head to the east. You stealthily approach the source of the shouting, and when you arrive, you see a short goblin looking around warily, surrounded by various shouting humanoids. And two large monsters that you can't quite figure out what they are from this distance, but one appears to have a lot of heads, while the other one has a surfeit of legs. You watch as the goblin grows increasingly agitated – and then suddenly a flash of black light erupts from him, and the shouting instantly quiets down, the crowd parts, and the goblin walks out in your general direction.

Huh.

Jilladilla:
You can't drive south at the moment as south is through a cornfield. You continue generally westsouthwest until the first opportunity to turn south, and do so. You also keep a close eye out for triangles. It turns out there are a lot of vaguely triangular things out there in nature! At this point you happen to see a triangle of birds flying south above you, probably confused into migrating by the cataclysmic weather. This is probably not a sign, but it's not like you weren't going that direction anyway.

You really wish that guy had been more specific in telling you where to go, though.

blueturtle1134:
You attack the squirrel, leaping at its throat! It jumps toward you at the same time and you tangle together, biting and clawing at one another in a display of the ferocity of nature, and, to your horror, the squirrel is getting the upper hand. After a moment you manage to push it away a bit, and catch your breath. The squirrel is clearly too fast to just run away from, you think. As it realises your weakness and begins to advance on you again, you find yourself backing into a tree and panicked. You wish... you wish you had your pack here. With no other choices, you prepare to throw yourself at the squirrel again, and – it suddenly looks terrified? Did you really overcome its will just by attacking a second time? As the question goes through your head, you see a pack of wolves rush past you and leap onto the squirrel, and, for a moment, you think your pack found you. Then you realise that these wolves are partly transparent, like the visions you sometimes see floating above water in the summer heat. When they tear at the squirrel's body, their jaws just fade right through to no effect – but the squirrel is shocked and confused enough, still. Do you press your advantage and go on the offensive, or try to escape before it realises these phantoms pose no threat?

AbstractTraitorHero:
You explore the bunker. You find bunker stuff. It's not exactly spacious, and you have it completely mapped out in a matter of minutes.
The small corridor affording entry from the sturdy door above lets out directly into the lounge room wherein you were just reading. Off to the left is the dining room and the partially-separated kitchen; directly ahead is the hallway leading to the two bedrooms, and the two bathrooms between them. On the left of that hallway, also accessible from the kitchen, is the largest room, a storage area containing, besides all your supplies, the major appliances and the machinery that keeps your air clean and your water flowing. Finally, to the right of the lounge, and also accessible to the master bedroom (according to the plans you found in the storage room) is some kind of small office, which is currently locked. And that seems to be it. This is your world now, at least until the supplies run low.

darkwarlock3

• Bay Watcher
  • !!LET IT BURN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 11, 2018, 03:34:30 pm »

go pick up said gnome and keep going in the direction i was going before while thinking about to eat him or not
I need more things to join, Send me a request if you need players for something.
I came for the games and stayed for the lack of sanity.
Grammar is my only weakness

Rahx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 11, 2018, 03:58:29 pm »

Taking the time away from observing the drop looks around herself noticing a creature coming at her. The thing looking larger than what the vehicle could push aside had left her with no choice but to risk driving off this steep ledge to the place that seems to be outside of the city limits. She closes her eyes and floors the vehicle one more time bracing for impact not noticing some sort of energy flowing with her out of the portal coating the vehicle trying to make the impact less of an impact.

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 11, 2018, 04:21:04 pm »

"You kidding? I can't even outrun the normal squirrels."

Kill the damn squirrel.
At least we killed the boy and hurt an old man.
SPAMOVERLORD - play as the Empire and break ALL the cliches! | Doomhollow - A reasonably sane succession fort! | Give a Damn!

Blood_Librarian

• Bay Watcher
  • What is happening?
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 11, 2018, 06:07:28 pm »

Maybe I can try and focus on them until I could figure out the scene I just saw.
if you want something wacky
Quote from: ChiefWaffles, MAR Discord
I continue to be puzzled by BL's attempts to make Aratam blatantly evil

Jilladilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Most Sleep Deprived
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 12, 2018, 03:39:55 pm »

Just keep driving on southish.

Glory to United Forenia!

If you see a 'Nemonole' on the internet elsewhere, it's probably me

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 12, 2018, 03:43:55 pm »

Walk towards safety.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 13, 2018, 06:56:26 am »

That had been fairly informative, to be honest. Heading on back to the recreational to she had been in. Brushing herself off carefully she was growing a bit hungry. Cooking couldn't be that hard right?

Let's cook some calamari!
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 15, 2018, 01:02:34 pm »

darkwarlock3:
You sling the gnome over your back and keep walking along the ridge. On a few separate occasions he splutters a bit and mumbles something incomprehensible about scrubbing or scalps or the like, but you shake him a little and he goes right back to sleep. You contemplate eating him later, once you find somewhere to settle down for a while.

Abruptly, the ridge and your path forward are both cut off by a steep ravine. Peering over the edge, you can see the crushed and battered remains of several of those strange beasts that whizzed past you earlier. It looks like this gash in the earth meanders along for at least several hundred feet away from the ridge before disappearing into a dark forest. Now that's something you're familiar with.

Rahx:
You plow directly into the gap at full speed, closing your eyes but still distinctly knowing when you've passed through from the sickening lurch of gravity twisting all your organs ninety degrees. You're expecting a sickening crunch, too, and you aren't disappointed, but, instead of you going crunch, it sounds – though you haven't opened your eyes yet – like you landed on something large, organic, and bony. After a couple seconds, you still haven't crashed into the ground to your horrible death, so you risk a look around — discovering that you're currently driving down an ordinary suburban street at Tokyo Drift speeds. Skidding to a stop – taking out a couple "children X-ing" signs in the process – you turn and look behind you to see a scattering of absolutely creamed miscellaneous parts from what appear to have been several humanoids, leading back to a behemoth you can only describe as seemingly made of legs, which has now been broken and compressed into roughly ramp shape. Past that, you look up for your point of entry, and see... nothing. Not even a shimmering in the air to evidence the hole you fell through. Wherever you are, it looks like you're stuck here now.

Framing the scene, though, are an elf and a goblin staring at you dumbfounded, the elf closer to you and seemingly hiding from the group you drove through behind a large mailbox, while the goblin was walking this way when you plowed past. You consider driving away before you have to explain this to them.

blueturtle1134:
Attempting to kill the damn squirrel, you lunge at it another time – but it suddenly flails to one side and you slam into a tree. Dazed, you watch the squirrel continue to roll along down a gentle slope before getting its head wedged under a raised tree root. Nobody's winning any prizes here today.

Blood_Librarian:
From your vantage point behind a large mailbox, you observe the situation unfolding with the goblin and the screaming humanoids. From what you can tell, it looks like the screaming humanoids were trying to push the goblin closer to the two monsters, perhaps out of some kind of sacrificial ritual, but the black flash somehow brainwashed them, causing them to stop screaming and move out of the way at the goblin's command. You may be dealing with some kind of black magic he— oh shit where did that Jeep come from
oh shit it just fell from the sky and crushed one of the monsters and now there's blood everywhere and why is it glowing blue
now it's driving through the crowd of humanoids – the goblin jumps to the side – and then it carries on past you and skids to a stop and the driver is a tiger girl for some reason?
She turns and looks back at you. You stare back at her. Everyone's staring at everybody. Even the other giant monster is staring, and it has about fifty heads to do it with, so it's definitely in its element here.
What an enormous mess.

Jilladilla:
You imagine all the exciting adventures other people might be having right now. You imagine driving around in your cool car running over evil zombies or something, like in video games. Then you sigh and decide to stop with the silly fantasies, because you're only making yourself feel even more bored. Everything around you is corn. You feel your soul turning into corn. You mouth along with the words of the radio message, which you now know by heart because every other radio station has ceased broadcasting by now and you don't want to turn off the radio because at least it isn't corn.

The road abruptly stops in front of you, as if someone has just cut and pasted a section of cornfield over it. You are about to back up and look for a side street when you discover that there is suddenly a cornfield behind you that wasn't there a moment ago, too.

You're really starting to hate corn.

crazyabe:
You walk nonchalantly along the road toward safety. Then your nonchalance is replaced by a very, very loud roaring sound behind you. What you decide to call your prison-honed survival instincts (even though you were in a minimum-security white-collar prison where the biggest danger was losing your will to live because of the terrible food) kick in and you throw yourself toward the sidewalk, rolling up onto a lawn and out of the way as a Jeep from nowhere, streaked with blood and streaming ribbons of blue light behind you, barrels past. A severed hand flops up over the roof and flies into your face. As you pick yourself up and dust yourself off you realise that this Jeep apparently somehow landed on the legsbeast, crushing it into a pulped quasi-ramp, and smashed through the ant-zombies surrounding it like so much – then you remember the ants and freak out again, patting yourself down and poring over the hand now lying at your feet, but it looks like you were lucky and there weren't any on it when it hit you. After catching your breath a second time, you turn to watch where the Jeep has now come to a stop, just as the driver leans out the side and looks back toward you. That driver, you find, is a buxom tiger lady who looks about twice your height.
What a day.

AbstractTraitorHero
Let's cook some calamari! You bet this is probably the most exciting thing happening anywhere in the world right now! You boil up a pot of water, which turns out to be extremely easy, and shake in a pile of the frozen tentacle bits according to the directions on the package. As they thaw out, you hear a strange sound from the pot, and the slices appear to be jumping out of the water of their own accord, as if trying to escape the pot. You have no idea whether or not this is a normal part of the typical cooking process, so you just assume it is! After a while, the slices seem to figure out what is wrong with their current position and begin reassembling themselves into a disembodied tentacle, a strange black energy crackling between them. Man, cooking is fun, you think, as you continue to stir.
Oh, hey, it's reaching for you! Maybe it wants to be friends?
« Last Edit: January 15, 2018, 01:34:41 pm by Maximum Spin »

darkwarlock3

• Bay Watcher
  • !!LET IT BURN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 15, 2018, 01:09:29 pm »

go towards the dark forest, while it reminds me of home, i start thinking of how i miss my cave home
« Last Edit: January 15, 2018, 07:23:47 pm by darkwarlock3 »
I need more things to join, Send me a request if you need players for something.
I came for the games and stayed for the lack of sanity.
Grammar is my only weakness
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 15