Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 15

Author Topic: Cataclysm  (Read 9122 times)

Jilladilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Most Sleep Deprived
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm (Interest Check)
« Reply #30 on: January 07, 2018, 01:38:34 am »

Realizing that she has no clue where to go for safety, Ana comes to a stop, grabs a handful of soil, tosses it into the air and observes it as it falls and lands, performing a traditional Geomancy.
"Well. The World went absolutely crazy yeah? Maybe this'll work..."

Glory to United Forenia!

If you see a 'Nemonole' on the internet elsewhere, it's probably me

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 07, 2018, 11:17:00 am »

The cataclysm had hit Beverly harder than most to be honest. Considering her sheltered upbringing and her family well off status she had never really experienced such trauma. Sitting on a chair in the slightly fancy bunker more laden with furniture and aesthetics than most?

She looks over towards her Mum and Dad. Hearing dad's reassurance or his attempts at it had been helpful and she had managed a weak smile. Gently looking through a bookshelf for a book to read something useful she had been encouraged to do so by Mum after all and well...mama knew best right?

Let's look through the few bookshelf of the bunker?Surely there is some stuff on electronics? Perhaps repair?
She needed to learn something like her mum said.

As for them? Well, they had left the room. Perhaps they were setting the bunker up and getting everything ready for the time we would be living here?
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Blood_Librarian

• Bay Watcher
  • What is happening?
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 07, 2018, 08:30:16 pm »

Lets just step away from the Crevice, far enough that if an unknown overhang breaks off, I won't be on top of it, but back off a good 10-20 meters from any obvious crackling and wait.
if you want something wacky
Quote from: ChiefWaffles, MAR Discord
I continue to be puzzled by BL's attempts to make Aratam blatantly evil

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 08, 2018, 12:32:44 am »

blueturtle1134:
Trusting your instincts, you orient yourself vaguely southwest and begin walking implacably forward. After several minutes, you hear loud chittering noises from high above you, and look up to see a very angry squirrel that apparently believes you have transgressed upon its territory. Unlike most squirrels you have seen heretofore, however, it is slightly larger than you. You wonder what it eats, as it begins half-climb-half-lumbering down the trunk.

darkwarlock3:
You scavenge some fallen materials quite easily, acquiring one (1) head-sized rock and 1 (one) sturdy thorny bramble branch. As you do so, the roaring suddenly becomes much louder, as though charging toward you – and then past you, while you see a huge beast racing by along the ridge above you. Louder and faster than anything you've seen before, the brief glimpse you got vaguely reminds you of a giant turtle in full plate armour. You look around for a better place to hide, but see nothing in the immediate vicinity; you could strike out in a particular direction, if you wish.

Rahx:
Breaking into a sprint, you arc around the embattled crowd and toward your Jeep, pull yourself in, and start driving, heading out of the city. Unfortunately, this being New York, the streets are clogged with hordes of mindless, flesh-crazed angry zombies, and on top of that the apocalypse is happening and some of them are turning into monsters! You honk furiously, but the guy being devoured in the middle of the road in front of you shows no consideration for your time whatsoever. How are you going to get out of this?

crazyabe:
You clamber over a fence and run blindly through the shouting toward the mysterious calm. Or, more accurately, you attempt to run through the shouting, but instead you run into... something. Two somethings, in fact. They appear to be a matched set, since one of them is some kind of horrible behemoth made out of the upper halves of about fifty people, and the other is one made out of the lower halves of what you can only assume are the same 50 people. The torsobeast is screaming from all its heads, and so is everyone in the area lucky enough not to be part of a monster. The legbeast, which you have just slammed into, runs around in aimless circles. After a few seconds, you realise that both beasts, and most of the other people immediately visible, are covered in ants. This is all an extremely unsettling scene and it would probably be understandable if you wanted to return to prison now, but safety is on the other side.

Jilladilla:
A stiff wind lifts the dirt away from your fingers and carries it to the northeast, which happens to be more or less back toward your (stolen) car. The loose grains separate and, losing altitude, swirl around the car's antenna, now drifting roughly southward as they settle back onto the ground in a perfect triangular heap.

You're not totally sure how to interpret this.

AbstractTraitorHero:
You pull out a big book on circuitry and curl up in a comfortable chair to read it. You don't really understand most of it at first, but after a few hours and cross-referencing with some other books you think you're starting to get the hang of it. This is actually all very interesting, you think. Maybe this apocalypse thing isn't so bad after all! At least you don't have to go to school now. And it's not like anything really bad could happen, right?

Your parents, meanwhile, bustle in and out of the corridors, checking on you occasionally as they make sure all the equipment is working, which it seems to be, since they're perfectly calm about it.

Blood_Librarian:
You back well away from the big hole and wait, watching. It goes on widening for a couple more minutes, but then stops, although it's still getting longer. Its final width seems to be about the same as a smallish river, too big to jump over but not especially vast. After standing there for several more minutes, it begins to dawn on you that the chasm has forked about 100m "upstream", and, turning, you find that there's now another one on the other side of you that is also too wide to jump over. Well, this is a bit of a pickle, isn't it?

darkwarlock3

• Bay Watcher
  • !!LET IT BURN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 08, 2018, 12:46:31 am »

i go in the direction the storm is the weakest or not approaching in a vast manner while doing this gather more branches
« Last Edit: January 08, 2018, 12:55:11 am by darkwarlock3 »
I need more things to join, Send me a request if you need players for something.
I came for the games and stayed for the lack of sanity.
Grammar is my only weakness

Rahx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 08, 2018, 01:02:55 am »

Backs up quickly enough and then floors the Jeep to go forward as fast as possible trying to go through what ever small barriers are in front of her; not stopping until there is something obvious she can't just drive through or the Jeep actually stops working.

"GET OUTTA MY WAY YOU TWO LEGGED DEAD DEER!"

Blood_Librarian

• Bay Watcher
  • What is happening?
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 08, 2018, 08:14:20 am »

Run towards the remaining way off this rock!

If it doesn't look like I will make it or it never actually existed, head back to the center and contemplate how slowly I will be dying.
if you want something wacky
Quote from: ChiefWaffles, MAR Discord
I continue to be puzzled by BL's attempts to make Aratam blatantly evil

Jilladilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Most Sleep Deprived
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 08, 2018, 11:58:40 am »

Get back in my car and turn the radio on. Go through the frequencies for a bit until I find something relevant towards getting to safety.

Glory to United Forenia!

If you see a 'Nemonole' on the internet elsewhere, it's probably me

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 08, 2018, 12:36:43 pm »

Monster squirrels? Screw this, I'm outta here.

Back off as quickly as possible while keeping my eyes on the squirrel. Glance behind me to make sure I don't run into his friends.
At least we killed the boy and hurt an old man.
SPAMOVERLORD - play as the Empire and break ALL the cliches! | Doomhollow - A reasonably sane succession fort! | Give a Damn!

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 08, 2018, 05:55:16 pm »

((Very tired! Posting hopefully fluff later!))

Let's continue reading check about for any other books that might be useful. See what kinda food we have one supposes as well that sounds nice!
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 08, 2018, 08:25:32 pm »

RUN AROUND THE WALKING HALF GIANT PEOPLE
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 09, 2018, 03:19:24 pm »

darkwarlock3:
Watching the sky, you decide the safest option would be to keep following this ridge roughly southeast, the same direction the beast on top went. Perhaps it was running away from the same thing you are? As you go, you gather more branches from the bramble. Nothing remotely interesting happens to you yet. There is a reason for this, but I'm not telling you what it is.

Rahx:
I'm having trouble finding the right words to describe exactly the kind of horrible bloody mess you make of the streets of New York City as you plow over, into, and through everything in your path, splattering monsters and fleeing survivors alike left and right. After a few minutes you realise you're grinning wildly, and then you also realise that an alley to your right is mysteriously glowing, which it doesn't usually. Well, you assume it doesn't usually. You haven't actually been down this street very often.

Blood_Librarian:
You sprint toward the last direction that doesn't currently lead into a canyon, afraid that this status could change at any moment. Your fear proves entirely well-grounded when the ground opens up under your feet, and you fall in.

And... you fall out?

Your stomach lurches as the local direction of gravity seems to turn 180°, and an entirely new set of sights, sounds, and smells takes over from your previous experience. Picking yourself up off the ground, you discover that the hole you fell into apparently led out the front door of what looks like an ordinary suburban home. You hear a lot of shouting not far to the east.

Jilladilla:
Between the raving radio evangelicals and the quiet static of abandoned stations, you find something interesting and unexpected. Shaky and distorted, an uncertain-sounding man's voice repeats the following message on a frequency you're pretty sure is usually a local blues station: "I have set up a safe location. Look for the calm in the storm. There may be undead. If everything is still as it should be, the entrance to my house is at the third address down on Ash Boulevard, just off of Tarquin Road."

You have no idea where either of those roads are, or if they're even in the same country. But at least you have something to look for, now.

blueturtle1134:
You back away from the giant squirrel, attempting to keep your eyes on it while glancing behind yourself at the same time. It jumps the last few feet to the ground, growling and spitting at you, and advances slowly as you try to get away. It looks angrier than squirrels usually look, and squirrels already look pretty angry naturally. It doesn't seem like it's going to let you get away right now. On the bright side, there aren't any others around right now.

AbstractTraitorHero:
You read more books. There are a lot of books, mostly about machinery and electronics ­– it occurs to you that they may be geared specifically toward maintaining the machinery within the bunker itself. The rest are generally about history, literature, and other academic subjects, with a few novels thrown in. You don't see anything specifically about subjects like chemistry, biology, or math, though; it's more of a liberal-arts bent, you guess. After that, you take a look at the kind of food available; there's a surprising variety of packaged nonperishables and preserves, including, oddly, an awful lot of frozen calamari. You do worry, though, that it doesn't seem like it would last all three of you as long as you would've hoped. Your parents probably weren't expecting the world to actually end on such short notice. Hopefully you won't have any problems leaving for supplies when the time comes, right?

crazyabe:
You attempt to run around the walking half-people giants. Your attempt is a staggering failure, as the crowd of shouting people seems to be growing thicker, and pushing you toward the monstrosities, which themselves circle around to keep you in sight. Or whatever it is that the legbeast uses to sense things. You have gotten close enough, now, to see that the ants on all of their bodies are far calmer than ants stranded on running, flailing, much larger animals usually are, and appear to be chewing into the flesh, leaving thin trails of blood across the skin where they walk. Absolutely none of this blood is dripping onto the ground. You're not sure where it's going, but you have some guesses. The circle is closing in around you. You think you see ants on the pavement, getting closer. This may be a problem.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 09, 2018, 04:55:55 pm »

E S C A P E
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Rahx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 09, 2018, 05:22:51 pm »

Pulls up to the glowing alleyway just to get a good view of it while inside the Jeep just to see if it is something good. If it is something not good get the Jeep back up to continuing the bloody path out of New York.

darkwarlock3

• Bay Watcher
  • !!LET IT BURN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 09, 2018, 07:43:32 pm »

keep following the scared beast and pay more attention to my surroundings
I need more things to join, Send me a request if you need players for something.
I came for the games and stayed for the lack of sanity.
Grammar is my only weakness
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 15