Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15

Author Topic: Cataclysm  (Read 9112 times)

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm
« Reply #180 on: February 07, 2018, 06:54:44 am »

Kal, I've seen what's outside, this place is a beacon of "not insane" in the middle of the maelstrom, and I've already put out a radio signal telling people to get over here. Of course people are going to be "drawn here", they enjoy not being dead and stuff.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: February 07, 2018, 07:13:22 am »

Stand up and check for injuries.
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: February 07, 2018, 08:59:25 am »

"I'm not technically sure there are other people. Uh—"
(here Kalamos breaks off typing for a moment and looks uncertainly around the room)
"—Let me explain. This computer connects to an array of sensors in the basement that are designed to detect standing waves in the, um,"
(Kalamos stops typing again to make a vague hand motion)
"...energy field, basically, that accompanies this storm. It was only intended to measure the strength of the field at any given time, which rises and falls naturally like a heartbeat, but at the exact time when I first arrived, the sensors registered a huge soliton – an anomalously high single wave approaching this location. Chantar was concerned that it might signify some horribly destructive apocalyptic event, and I guess his worst fears were realised, since it heralded the coming of a roommate... heh. Anyway, after that we worked together to expand the sensor array and I set up this station to analyse the data, and we soon discovered a bunch of other solitons moving through a five-dimensional space, all apparently converging... here. Each one seems to somehow impose a more orderly state on the chaotic field surrounding it, though it isn't clear why yet. Since three of them met and arrived at the same time you did, the natural conclusion is that these anomalies somehow represent people who are being drawn here... for... some reason. Not counting the ones that are already here, there are currently seven of these anomalies bouncing around the continental United States."

Kalamos turns to Chantar and continues: "As a matter of fact, I should let you know that, since we last discussed the anomalies, four of the five that had left ordinary spacetime have returned to it within just a few blocks radius from here, as predicted. The other one seems to have gotten stuck halfway somehow – but the newest one just branched off into extradimensional space and is approaching it now. The seventh is still just sitting in the same place as always."

You have a player character detector? Cool!
At least we killed the boy and hurt an old man.
SPAMOVERLORD - play as the Empire and break ALL the cliches! | Doomhollow - A reasonably sane succession fort! | Give a Damn!

Blood_Librarian

• Bay Watcher
  • What is happening?
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: February 07, 2018, 09:39:11 am »

Walking in conveniently  at around the latter half of Kalamos exposition, Tolodor listens intently.

"Is that why I am here anyways?"
if you want something wacky
Quote from: ChiefWaffles, MAR Discord
I continue to be puzzled by BL's attempts to make Aratam blatantly evil

Rahx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: February 07, 2018, 07:38:53 pm »

"Well you wasted some resource then. No one would have radios out there. Odds are they are living things. I do hope you have some hand held radios for us whenever this storm blows over when we need to go and reclaim things from whatever has been made out there."
« Last Edit: February 07, 2018, 07:41:57 pm by Rahx »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: February 07, 2018, 07:43:47 pm »

Basement.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Rahx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: February 07, 2018, 08:02:28 pm »

"... I will take that as a yes." Turning to Tolodor "How are those sharp sticks coming along?"

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: February 07, 2018, 08:10:52 pm »

"Is that why I am here anyways?"
"... possibly. It's too early to say."

Blood_Librarian

• Bay Watcher
  • What is happening?
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: February 07, 2018, 08:48:30 pm »

"hrrr. Great."
if you want something wacky
Quote from: ChiefWaffles, MAR Discord
I continue to be puzzled by BL's attempts to make Aratam blatantly evil

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: February 12, 2018, 09:01:32 am »

While various yet halting efforts at conversation take place in the Drake home, and it occurs to Tolodor that Chantar probably owns matches, others make their way forward.

Falkner cautiously checks himself over, finding his body significantly sorer than the last time he woke up in a pile of corn with no memory of how he got there. Eventually he convinces himself that he is nevertheless still in good repair. The distant movement creeps closer, and he and Rakasas now both see a small group of ragged-looking humanoids. Lucas is looking in the opposite direction.

Just one street over, meanwhile, Ana begins to jog toward the point she has taken for safety, and finds her path relatively unobstructed. After a short time, she notices something odd: a horde of large ants streaming over the ground along the yards to either side of her, all headed in the opposite direction. Some of them tumble into the sidewalk as they run, but they seem to be staying away from the road intentionally. As Ana rounds a corner, she finds two male humanoids, a troll and a goblin, wandering in from a side street not far from her. She notices nothing out of the ordinary about them.

Just one dimension away, Anweytt decides to strike out a short distance into the woods to try to get a wider view of this trail he has been following. He's not the best woodself in his tribe, but he feels safe enough just walking out in increments of a few tens of feet and turning around.
As he does so, he finds that the trail, viewed from the side, seems to curve sharply away in both directions, even though it seemed perfectly straight looking down it. Turning back to strike out again, he further discovers that the trail seems to stretch and writhe as it slides into his peripheral vision so that, while it always looks like it is curving away, at an oblique angle it seems to have curved toward him first. Once he is facing parallel to it, though, he can no longer see it at all.
Walking a bit more ahead, he repeats the trial to similar results, though the trail does look farther away than before as would normally be expected. Going on a little bit more, though, he begins to realise that there is another trail dimly visible in the distance ahead of him, which appears to have the same odd geographic properties. Pondering this for some time, Anweytt decides that it must be a natural feature of the area, possibly one of those heretical modern outsider inventions he has heard of. It is at this time that Anweytt becomes conscious of a low growling, moaning sound in the underbrush not too far away, as of an injured animal.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: February 12, 2018, 09:05:36 am »

Man, this hasn't happened since... ok, I can't remember anything, this is bad, this is very, very bad.

Try to figure out if the humanoids are friendly from a safe distance.
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: February 12, 2018, 09:21:45 am »

Man, this hasn't happened since... ok, I can't remember anything, this is bad, this is very, very bad.

Try to figure out if the humanoids are friendly from a safe distance.
They seem like perfectly upstanding gentlemen and/or ladies. You feel as though you were probably friends with them in some part of the entirety of your life that you can't remember, and you want to give them a friendly greeting. Perhaps a hug.

darkwarlock3

• Bay Watcher
  • !!LET IT BURN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: February 12, 2018, 10:36:37 am »

pick up the elf and continue you down to where i think the storm is weakest whelp no time to think, that storm is giving me a bad feeling
I need more things to join, Send me a request if you need players for something.
I came for the games and stayed for the lack of sanity.
Grammar is my only weakness

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: February 12, 2018, 11:22:28 am »

Stay far away from the group of people.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: February 12, 2018, 12:29:20 pm »

Anweytt shakes his head to clear it. He could ponder the reappearing road at leisure later, but for now, he had to decide what to do with this noisemaker.
His first instinct is to send a few arrows into the shrub, however he soon beats down the idea. Something could actually be hurt, or large enough that escape would be better than aggravating it.
The only real option then is more information.

Sighing with annoyance, he gathers his weapons and begins to Sneak around for a better look
« Last Edit: February 13, 2018, 04:01:40 am by Tack »
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15