Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 15

Author Topic: Cataclysm  (Read 9115 times)

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm
« Reply #150 on: January 25, 2018, 10:22:58 pm »

Nah, if you look at the sheets, everyone picks their names. That's why some of them are so bad. :P

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: January 25, 2018, 10:52:02 pm »

In that case: Anweytt Hansphewren!
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: January 28, 2018, 10:57:26 am »

Drop the illusion, and push it upon the squirrel if possible.

Continue playing dead.
At least we killed the boy and hurt an old man.
SPAMOVERLORD - play as the Empire and break ALL the cliches! | Doomhollow - A reasonably sane succession fort! | Give a Damn!

Jilladilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Most Sleep Deprived
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: January 28, 2018, 11:26:12 am »

Completely and utterly infuriated at this point, Ana grabs the best corn smashing tool she has available to her, and goes and mercilessly beats the still stunned body of the corn monster with it.

Glory to United Forenia!

If you see a 'Nemonole' on the internet elsewhere, it's probably me

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: January 28, 2018, 12:15:24 pm »

Pass out on the floor.
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: January 29, 2018, 10:40:06 am »

Let's wake up from our nice nap. Take a look for mom and dad. Do they have a plan or anything?
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: January 29, 2018, 08:14:52 pm »

On Comet
Luatyr sinks back onto the floor in a cloud of sass, while Tolodor continues carving her set of wooden spears. When she finishes, she looks them over... well, they certainly have a quality level. I guess these are going to be the spears for "other people".

After a bit, Kalamos looks up again and says something about another new anomaly, but nobody is paying attention.

On Cupid
Meanwhile, not as far away as you might think, Beverly successfully finds her parents, who are in the master bedroom and have forgotten to lock the door. Beverly quickly closes the door back up, turns sharply around, and walks away hoping they didn't notice her; luckily, they were quite otherwise engaged and have no idea she was ever there.

On Donner und Blitz
Ernor struggles to maintain consciousness and drop the illusion, but his efforts only drain him further, and he finally passes out completely. At the same time, far away, the shadow man gives in to the same darkness, and across some unknown amount of space and time in a world where both have ceased to behave properly, some twist of fate connects the two.

Rakasas is confused, the shadowy vision of running and vague shapes having been replaced by blank void pulsing with subtle abstract patterns just barely beyond the edge of sight, and falls back into his default behaviour, swinging his club around haphazardly. Meanwhile, Lucas tries to spit out the words that he knows but cannot explain: that this is an illusion, some kind of dream projected onto their senses by an otherworldly foe. Neither notices the oddly-proportioned wolf lying broken below them, but both find their attention captured by a strange newcomer of another kind altogether, one neither have seen for quite a while — a young human, tallish and vaguely Germanic, looking totally lost and a little distorted, as if seen through warped glass. He – Rakasas has no idea how to tell human males from females in this era, but Lucas recognises that it's probably a he – seems to say something, but no sound comes out, and the image wobbles a bit more; then it suddenly clarifies and stabilises, as if the signal has been adjusted, and troll and gnome both hear the man begin to speak again. "He... hello? Where am I?"

Meanwhile (?), elsewhere (?), Ana grabs a trusty wrench from the passenger's side floor, gets out of the car, and bashes the corn monster until her rage subsides, which takes a surprisingly long time. Corn flies in all directions, and before long a lucky strike cuts cleanly between the car-shaped hole and the beast's outer surface; no longer able to support itself, the monster's upper body slumps to one side and then breaks completely, sagging into an avalanche of seemingly inert corn. Ana is right beneath this, and thus quickly overwhelmed by the crushing corn tide! Ana is being suffocated by corn!

Now Dash Away, Dash Away, Dash Away All
Tack:
Your name is Anweytt Hansphewren. This is not a traditional name of the wood elves, as you usually claim to those outside your culture; you just had really weird parents. You have recently been sent on a mission to find out about the strange events that have been plaguing your reserve and investigate the disappearance of the liaison with the outside world. You are standing outside the door of your reserve's visitors' centre, looking down at the winding dirt road that marks the only entrance to your secluded forest home. Where do you intend to go from here?

Rahx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: January 29, 2018, 08:49:40 pm »

Lets her mind wonder for a little while until she gets bored enough to start poking at the various tech stuff that is surrounding her.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: January 29, 2018, 09:00:37 pm »

(Chantar is willing to [try to] explain how the tech stuff works and what it does if asked)
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Jilladilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Most Sleep Deprived
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: January 29, 2018, 09:27:23 pm »

With everything she has left and then some, fight, fight for the surface! Do not let the corn win!!

Glory to United Forenia!

If you see a 'Nemonole' on the internet elsewhere, it's probably me

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: January 30, 2018, 02:20:23 am »

Having been living in the reserve for centuries, Anweytt never learned to ride a horse, or that there were actually modern alternatives to horses.
He assumes that this huge trail must lead to a den, so he begins to follow it.

Get running
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Blood_Librarian

• Bay Watcher
  • What is happening?
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: January 30, 2018, 11:40:59 am »

We need a fire to harden these spears. CHeck out hte attic for neat shit, maybe look for something to light a fire with. Maybe an oven?
if you want something wacky
Quote from: ChiefWaffles, MAR Discord
I continue to be puzzled by BL's attempts to make Aratam blatantly evil

darkwarlock3

• Bay Watcher
  • !!LET IT BURN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: February 01, 2018, 11:35:54 pm »

who are you? where did you come from? do you know of a safe place to go?
I need more things to join, Send me a request if you need players for something.
I came for the games and stayed for the lack of sanity.
Grammar is my only weakness

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: February 02, 2018, 06:35:32 am »

I have honestly no idea where we are, that's why I asked you.
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: February 02, 2018, 09:00:32 am »

We need a fire to harden these spears. CHeck out hte attic for neat shit, maybe look for something to light a fire with. Maybe an oven?
The "attic" is where you came in through. It's the ground floor.
I believe the kitchen is on the first (I.e. first below, where you are) floor.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 15