Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 45

Author Topic: Arms Race: Iron Behemoths - Nogrania - GAME OVER  (Read 52941 times)

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race: Iron Behemoths - Nogrania - Turn 11, Auturmn 1953
« Reply #495 on: April 01, 2018, 01:32:24 am »

Good-e-nuff. This gets us Cheap copters, and substantially faster deployments.

Revisions, then. I forget if we already had a plan, but if not, maybe we could upgrade the walking aspect of our other walkers?
Long Live United Forenia!

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: April 01, 2018, 02:12:29 am »

Here's a few ideas.

Draft/Draught Rebalancing By carefully reconsidering the plans, moving some unessential equipment around, and even including some teamaking station shaped ballast, we've reworked the Draught and Draft helicopters to be stable and easier to pilot. As an added bonus, we've given the gunner a proper view, so he can see what he's shooting at.

Percheron-B The engine it was supposed to be. The Percheron B includes a multistage compressor and other festures that were left out of the original design, and is included on our heli's and airships.

NAF-AFW-52 "Armadillo" Hexapod The Armadillo a derivative of the Rhino, with it's main gun removed in favor of a dual EMU turret. This turret can have a high vertical elevation, allowing it to fire at helicopter targets.

White Phosphorus Ammunition A dual use ammunition, WP can be used both to generate impressive smoke cover or for it's incendiary effects.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: April 01, 2018, 03:25:43 am »

Walker Upgrades: Both the Hippo and the Rhino utilise outdated walker tech that has long since been surpassed in the outside world, and now, with the development of the Megamule, in Nogrania as well. Time for an upgrade.
Quicker, more powerful hydraulics increase the speed and carrying capacity of the walkers. A more refined gearing system allows finer control over individual legs, which in turn allows for greater agility, including the ability to turn and move at the same time. The engine, which was initially based off of wheeled-vehicle-driving engines, will be modified slightly to accommodate the different needs of walkers better.
In addition, data from the investigation of wrecked walkers will be used to identify weak spots in the legs, which will be reinforced- not drastically increasing the armour load, but still measurably increasing the walker's resilience to leg damage. 
Given the walkers' increased carrying capacity, installing a small tea-making station should not prove overly troublesome.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: April 01, 2018, 11:16:31 am »

Quote from: Aerial Spotters
With effective AA being non-existent, we can safely deploy cheap spotter planes for our artillery.

A simple, two seater, unarmed prop plane, equipped with a high powered radio for communicating with various allied elements as well as maps, range finding equipment and binoculars for the spotter. 

Constant, up-to-date intelligence on enemy activity will allow our forces to make the best tactical and strategic decisions.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: April 01, 2018, 11:20:00 am »

Anyway, do we still want the oil. Because if so, then Draft/Draught or Percheron-B can maybe get that.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: April 01, 2018, 11:31:21 am »

Hmm. I dunno about spending another action on the engine, but I can see the rebalancing thing, maybe.

The oil... I mean, even with an upgrade, our copter won't be better than Toskesh's, and I bet the investors will know about that. "We could get the same thing by going to your neighbours", they would say.

So, I'm sort of inclined to not bother with the oil, but if we do want to go for it, I think the best way to do that is to revise our walkers and hope to pull a 6, which might give us walkers that are ahead of the outside world. I'm not sure there's anything else we could do with a revision that Toskesh hasn't already done.

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: April 01, 2018, 11:54:31 am »

We might as well go for the oil worse case we have it for the future, maybe we go for the armadillo as that would give us effective close range AA.
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: April 01, 2018, 11:56:42 am »

The Armadillo will not get us the Oil. We need something that will impress the investors if we want to get the oil.

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: April 01, 2018, 12:28:44 pm »

Yeah, but while I can see the across the board upgrade taking working wonders and possibly get us the oil. we also need to kill those heli's too.

FakeEdit: next turn we could create a SAM as they were developed around a good sixish years ago ingame.
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: April 01, 2018, 12:55:36 pm »

Killing their copters is simple; we flood them with our own Cheap copters. With five Draughts for every Xiwang, the skies will be ours.

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: April 02, 2018, 01:09:16 am »

Auturmn is my favorite seasorn.

Does exactly what we need it to do, so I'm glad it got a low roll. That 2 coulda nuked a lot.

Also, speaking of nukes...

I was going to make a joke but I think faster than I type and the idea evolved into something I had to look into. Nuclear weapons, defined in the Conventions as one which releases energy through fission or fusion and has the primary goal of causing harm to either life or materials through said release, are banned. Using nuclear power for other reasons is not. I envision a future where vehicles are largely nuclear-powered, in a world where war...war never changes.

But in all seriousness, the USS Nautilus, the first nuclear-powered submarine, rolls out in two years. It'd look a little odd, what with needing to at least somewhat comply to a semblance of physics, but a large nuclear-powered walker could prove to be quite the National Effort to work ourselves up to. Or a landtrain made up of a long segmented walker intended primarily for transport to provide all the TC.

Anyway, take that with a grain of salt. Like I said, the idea just kind of formulated, and I felt like I could at least drop the thought of a good multiturn project once we're feeling pretty good about our position.

As for suggesting a revision, what if we modify ourselves some cup launchers to attach to our rifles for our mills bombs? They'd be more numerable (though less effective) than the Kiwi for trying to cripple or kill armor, but have the added bonus of taking out the infantry bunched around their infringemobiles.

I'm also a fan of White Phosphorous and the Walker Upgrades - both also increase our ability to dominate the ground war. I'll wait a bit to see if some other suggestions come up. Probably going to lean towards me cups or the walker refits.

johiah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: April 02, 2018, 08:04:33 am »

I am mostly just observing, but I'm not reading the other side so I suppose it is ok if I drop in some ideas.

Thorium.
Thorium reactors.
Quote from: AoshimaMichio
Oh no, you won't laser my death star.
On a fun note, all of the beds just starting disintegrating

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: April 02, 2018, 08:17:35 am »

Well, might as well start voting.

Quote from: Votes
Walker Upgrades: (1) NUKE9.13

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: April 02, 2018, 09:33:29 am »

Quote from: Votes
Aerial Spotters: (1) Kashyyk

I'm not at all opposed to Walker Upgrades, but half of Arms Race id about changing the nature of warfare, and improved intelligence via spotters will do that.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: April 02, 2018, 10:42:24 am »

Quote from: Aerial Spotters
With effective AA being non-existent, we can safely deploy cheap spotter planes for our artillery.

A simple, two seater, unarmed prop plane, equipped with a high powered radio for communicating with various allied elements as well as maps, range finding equipment and binoculars for the spotter. 

Constant, up-to-date intelligence on enemy activity will allow our forces to make the best tactical and strategic decisions.

I think this should use the Locus as a base.

Air Forces
Locus 1944 V4 – Originally envisioned as a cheap aircraft, the Locus was ultimately over-designed and exceeded its targeted cost. Reasonably fast with a V12 motor, the Locus is a fixed-wing monoplane. Equipped with two Wickers and a two hard points on the wings to which 110 pound bombs can be attached, allowing it to pull double duty as both a fighter and dive bomber. Guns overheat quickly, and it features a rather sluggish roll rate and stability issues. Rendered illegal by Article V of the Geneva Conventions. 4 Ore, 4 Oil, 1 Aluminum. [ILLEGAL].  [Very Expensive].

I am mostly just observing, but I'm not reading the other side so I suppose it is ok if I drop in some ideas.

Thorium.
Thorium reactors.

Thorium is not magic. Frankly, I can't think of a single situation where they'd be usefull.

Aerial Spotters: (1) Kashyyk
Percheron-B (1) 10ebbor10

Not grabbing permanent resources boost when we can get them is stupid. Percheron_B is the only way in which we can get something advanced enough to be impressive.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2018, 12:04:41 pm by 10ebbor10 »
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 45