Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 41

Author Topic: Arms Race: Iron Behemoths - Toskesh - GAME OVER  (Read 47200 times)

Blood_Librarian

• Bay Watcher
  • What is happening?
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race: Iron Behemoths - Toskesh - Turn 10, Summer 1953
« Reply #450 on: March 21, 2018, 08:38:57 am »

IV.    Wheeled and Treaded Vehicles:
Protocol IV on Prohibitions or Restrictions on the Use of Wheeled and Treaded Vehicles prohibits, in all circumstances, the use of vehicles which use treads or wheels for locomotion for the express purpose of war.  This includes the transportation of military equipment and personnel, as well as fighting vehicles which make use of such locomotion.  Vehicles equipped with treads or wheels as their primary method of locomotion may not be fitted with armaments for either defensive or offensive purposes, nor carry or be crewed by non-civilian personnel.  The reason is that such vehicles expedite the pace at which death and destruction can be met out by those who would seek resolution through violent means.  This protocol does not include internal machinery which in wheels are used in methods that do not directly transport the device, such as gears, flywheels, and pulley wheels.

What's stopping us from making a vehicle with ONE wheel as its locomotion? It technically does not break the Geneva conventions, as it implies that multiple wheels are required  to be under Geneva conventions.

This could mean we could make a motorized unicycle with one wheel and one thread or some similar combination in a scout bike.

Or we could possibly make a giant wheel in the form of a bike. No way can this go wrong.
if you want something wacky
Quote from: ChiefWaffles, MAR Discord
I continue to be puzzled by BL's attempts to make Aratam blatantly evil

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: March 21, 2018, 08:54:53 am »

God damn you're a genius.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: March 21, 2018, 09:05:57 am »

Wow, this phone is more annoying to write on then my last one
IV.    Wheeled and Treaded Vehicles:
Protocol IV on Prohibitions or Restrictions on the Use of Wheeled and Treaded Vehicles prohibits, in all circumstances, the use of vehicles which use treads or wheels for locomotion for the express purpose of war.  This includes the transportation of military equipment and personnel, as well as fighting vehicles which make use of such locomotion.  Vehicles equipped with treads or wheels as their primary method of locomotion may not be fitted with armaments for either defensive or offensive purposes, nor carry or be crewed by non-civilian personnel.  The reason is that such vehicles expedite the pace at which death and destruction can be met out by those who would seek resolution through violent means.  This protocol does not include internal machinery which in wheels are used in methods that do not directly transport the device, such as gears, flywheels, and pulley wheels.

What's stopping us from making a vehicle with ONE wheel as its locomotion? It technically does not break the Geneva conventions, as it implies that multiple wheels are required  to be under Geneva conventions.

This could mean we could make a motorized unicycle with one wheel and one thread or some similar combination in a scout bike.

Or we could possibly make a giant wheel in the form of a bike. No way can this go wrong.
They can easily claim the Protocol talk on multiple vehicles with the total sum of multiple wheels or therds, So unless you can make a single one of those a game changere there is no point
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Jilladilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Most Sleep Deprived
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: March 21, 2018, 09:08:41 am »

I... I cannot refute that.... I want to refute that. I want to say that it obviously would not work... But I cannot refute it. It technically follows the letter of the law. Rather literally as 'wheel' is never used in the singular in the protocol as written; the inclusion of the 's' in every instance making this a possible loophole...

Glory to United Forenia!

If you see a 'Nemonole' on the internet elsewhere, it's probably me

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: March 21, 2018, 09:19:01 am »

Also it follows the spirit of the law at least somewhat, since who ever saw a one wheeled military vehicle before the conventions? Its obviously an impractical and held back design on par with legs or screws or hovercraft.

Using the same logic, we can make a vehicle with exactly one wheel and one tread.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Blood_Librarian

• Bay Watcher
  • What is happening?
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: March 21, 2018, 10:43:24 am »

It entirely depends on the grammar of the sentence.

Does it mean that one vehicle cannot possess more then one wheel, or does it mean that all the vehicles cannot carry more then one wheel as whole? If so, it could be (mis) interpreted so that all vehicles would be banned if one line has wheels.

Edit: Maybe the bike that general Grevius uses in star wars?
« Last Edit: March 21, 2018, 10:45:56 am by Blood_Librarian »

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: March 21, 2018, 10:45:29 am »

I have literally just clicked on this thread by whim and the first thing I see is doomwheels.

I have literally just clicked on this thread by whim and the first thing I see is doomwheels.

Speaking of squeaking past Geneva
Autotrigger gauntlet (Translated name pending)
Automatic weapons are illegal, certainly- but nothing has been said regarding semiautomatic weapons which are able to be fired triple or quadrupole the rate of a human.
Through a series of pulleys and pistons, a soldier strapped into the gauntlet has their index finger rapidly oscillated, in order to produce a fire rate far in excess of standard practices.
Due to strain and the mechanical dangers, each gauntlet comes with an emergency failsafe button in the same style as industrial machinery.

And now to go back to the front page and see if it actually circumvents the law adequately.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2018, 11:04:00 am by Tack »
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: March 21, 2018, 10:50:02 am »

I think it all vechiles
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Blood_Librarian

• Bay Watcher
  • What is happening?
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: March 21, 2018, 10:56:26 am »

I doubt it, it just doesnt seem like the original writers intentions, and who knows whats going on in their alien minds.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: March 21, 2018, 03:49:16 pm »

I think that it is close enough that any proposal would need to have a convincing defence prior to being voted in.

So what of an electronic trigger that has a no-fire mode that records trigger presses but doesn't act upon them. Then you hit the safety button and it goes all full-auto up to the number of trigger-presses recorded during downtime...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: March 21, 2018, 04:08:05 pm »

Let finish with this court case before we start the next one

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: March 22, 2018, 09:13:33 pm »

Following this momentous occasion, I'd like to recommend going for a revision that primarily targets our tank - but also our artillery, navy and anything using our current cannon in general. I present the following:

Xi-53 Li-Jiǎo Guàiwù Tank-Walker TB-53-01 & Xi-53 Qīngsuàn 75 mm L/60 Duìzhì gun (Alternatively the General Tank-Walker+Cannon Revision)
The first part of this revision is the tank's new cannon. Nogranian deployment of heavy armor, aircraft and longer-range guns has created a need for artillery better than the venerable, yet outdated Sunrise. Our rocket artillery is great for bombardment, the army requires a conventional gun capable of longer ranges and anti-armor roles. Therefore, a proposal was developed for a high-velocity 75mm gun which should be able to provide more accurate and powerful fire out to a longer range than the existing 50mm in the form of the Xi-53 Qīngsuàn 75 mm L/60 Duìzhì gun, featuring a larger bore and a lengthened and reinforced breech which allows for increased powder charges. Field carriages are modified to allow high-elevation fire, and the increased barrel length, as well as the lengthened cartridge, allow for a high velocity cannon, while a pepper-pot muzzle brake is intended to provide a recoil reduction and thus reduce the stroke of the gun after firing - which is useful in both armored vehicles and mobile artillery. The end result is a cannon complementing the Tondeshe People's Army with a weapon capable of taking on both direct and indirect fire roles, practically replacing the Sunrise on the field.

The second part, of course, is directed at the Piāoqiè guānsī, intended to become the Xi-53 Li-Jiǎo Guàiwù following a limited number of modifications. Firstly, the powerplant is replaced with a X53XLAII-LJG1 turboshaft engine intended to reduce the space necessary to accommodate the engine, as it generates more power per tonne than the Piaoqie's diesel-powered internal combustion engine, shaving some weight off the vehicle in the process, as well as improving the tank's overall mobility both due to the aforementioned weight reduction, as well as the more powerful powerplant driving it. The legs' armor is increased to match the hull's, bringing it up to Light and extending leg-shields as to provide cover for troops in the field, while work is also done as to allow the vehicle to both turn and move forwards at the same time. The end result should be covered in Light armor all-round, armed with a much more capable armament for anti-tank duties, as well as much more mobile, offsetting it's lower armor thickness compared to the enemy's Rhino.

If possible a timed-fuse HE shell will be developed for use against ships and aircraft, but that is considered a lower priority than the rest of the revision and should be ignored should it in any way infringe on the below mentioned priorities.

Priority List:
1. Develop the Xi-53 Qīngsuàn 75 mm L/60 Duìzhì gun
2. Replace the Piāoqiè guānsī's powerplant with a Xinlai B-series X53XLAII-LJG1 turboshaft.
3. Up-armor the legs to match the hull in terms of armor thickness.
    3.1 Develop active steering during navigation so as to increase the craft's mobility.
4. Develop timed-fuse HE shells.

Estimated Difficulty: Hard
-> Present engine, just needs to be fitted. (If nothing else, will improve mobility by a lot, and it'll possibly deduce an oil due to the much higher efficiency / ore due to the lessened weight, or even both, though I'm doubtful of the latter outcome)
-> Armoring is only done on the legs, which is considered Easy.
-> Developing a cannon only 50% larger in bore size than the Sunrise, and making the barrel longer isn't considered worth any additional difficulty, really. If you can make a tube, making a somewhat longer tube is assumed to be trivial.
-> Steering and timed-fuse shells are assumed to add Normal difficulty to the design, which in turn, brings it up to Hard. Both are low priorities compared to the rest of the above features.

Quote from: Revision Votebox
Revisions:
General Tank-Walker+Cannon Revision (1): Thanik

Hard Difficulty: 1

We produce the Xi-53 Qīngsuàn 75 mm L/60 Duìzhì gun.  Though it doesn't quite pack the same explosive punch as Nogrania's 4" Duke howitzer, the long barrel and larger cartridge allows for a higher muzzle velocity.  The range is about equivalent to the Duke, but can't be disassembled in the same way.  We run out of time before we can resize the gun mounting in the Piaoqie, so it will still rely on our Sunrise.

We don't get a chance to put a turboshaft in the Piaoqie, adjust the armor, or develop new fused HE shells, sadly.  3 Ore.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: March 24, 2018, 06:03:45 am »

Attack:
Mountain: (1): SC
Badlands: (1): SC
Jungle:
Sea:

The Espionage Credit:
Operation Browning: (1) SC

The Showoff to a Company:
i-53b Xìnlài de-series Turbine Engines: (1) SC

The UN Arguments:
Goes Here

Warrant Officer Lin ZengKang
Badlands: (1)

Quote from: Operation Browning from Agent Jade Serpent
[[Espionage Credit Used]]

Agent Jade Serpent shall be set on the mission of infiltration and with the assistance of aerial transportation through our Xi-52-02 Xīwàng Kèzhì Xuá-Zhí, except the Agent shall be in the gunner seat where the RGL and Jin Sha Rockets are removed for increased mobility and sound reduction, while on the stars of a dark night, the transport helicopter makes its headway to a weapon production facility from the Nogranians, which our network got informed from our USSR espionage support. The transport unarmed helicopter makes it landing a singular kilometer apart from the weapon production compound, and the Agent begins his infiltration into the facility, in which he will knockout a unsuspecting guard with ease and disguise him in his uniform. Nonchalantly, he gets inside the facility and see the Nogranian war industry to the heart. He quickly analyzes who the Director of the facility is, and waits for his perfect moment. He, while trying to avoid direct eye contact with others, as they probably aren't recruiting Asiatic workers for their factories. Jade Serpent sees the perfect opportunity in which the Director is distracted from a industry mix-up in the production lines, expected because Nogranian industry isn't that effective. Jade Serpent expertise comes at hand, he sees the tea in the Director's office from the window, and in which he keenly lockpick with into the room and prepares his instruments. He quickly brews in some sinesis leaves into the tea, and some poison as a siding... and than walks away from the office, in which he grabbed the NAF-NMG-52 "Emu" blueprints that were stashed behind one of his desk compartments. Agent Jade Serpent than casually struts out of the building with the guard, stating to the guards of his new patrol route. He than switches back into his old uniform and evicts backs to the transport heli. The Xi-52-02 Xīwàng Kèzhì Xuá-Zhí slowly picks up its pace from the nightly grounds, and goes back to home territory. Only for the Nogranians to see a dead facility manager on a chair who decided to drink the green tea... and a papernote with the crossmark of "你的茶的霸权已经结束了" in dark black ink. The blueprints to the Emu have been acquired.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2018, 06:08:49 am by Shadowclaw777 »

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: March 24, 2018, 06:15:08 am »

Attack:
Mountain: (2): SC,Rockeater
Badlands: (2): SC,Rockeater
Jungle:
Sea:

The Espionage Credit:
Operation Browning: (2) SC,Rockeater

i-53b Xìnlài de-series Turbine Engines: (2) SC,Rockeater

The UN Arguments:
Goes Here

Badlands: (1)

Draxis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: March 24, 2018, 03:04:22 pm »

Attack:
Mountain: (3): SC,Rockeater, Draxis
Badlands: (3): SC,Rockeater, Draxis
Jungle:
Sea:

The Espionage Credit:
Operation Browning: (3) SC,Rockeater, Draxis

i-53b Xìnlài de-series Turbine Engines: (3) SC,Rockeater, Draxis

The UN Arguments:
Goes Here

Badlands: (1) SC
Mountains: (1) Draxis
I think our advantages in the Badlands are big enough the hero will be of more use in the Mountains.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 41