Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 67

Author Topic: KILL SIX BILLION DEMONS Discussion Thread  (Read 98384 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
Re: KILL SIX BILLION DEMONS Discussion Thread
« Reply #195 on: February 14, 2018, 10:06:08 pm »

Fine, I concede that you technically win due to strategic deployment of weasel words and boundless knowledge about stabbing.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: February 14, 2018, 10:08:56 pm »

I don't think we can really see well enough where she's been stabbed to judge that. And anyway her expression there seems to be more 'laughing with intense pleasure at your suffering' than anything else. Arguing that she's not really trying to kill Allison as she stabs, slashes, and throws her around while paying no mind to what few words she's able to get out seems pretty bold.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: February 14, 2018, 10:12:52 pm »

I suspect she intends to kill Allie eventually at the moment, and from a gut wound, Allie will bleed out even ignoring high risk of infection.  Right now, she's just having more fun torturing her.  There's a reason gut wounds were so nasty before modern medicine and even today without treatment; they're not quick killers, but they're slow and nasty killers. 

Which suggests that Cio may be in for a lesson on why you never toy with your victim.  At least, not while in the same lair as the dragon and his over-zealous followers who you've also previously stolen form.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2018, 10:14:28 pm by Culise »

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: February 14, 2018, 10:15:35 pm »

Fine, I concede that you technically win due to strategic deployment of weasel words and boundless knowledge about stabbing.

Calling a statement made last week without any form of foreknowledge of today's page 'weasel words' is rather petty, don't you think?  I don't waste my time insulting you, so why do you think you should do so to me?

You were correct that C/Y decided to get on with the stabbing, I didn't actually expect that so kudos to you for the call.  I also didn't expect this to become a love-in where Allison got off scot-free, I figured a sound beating and then Cio having a sudden wake-up call moment, that isn't where Abbadon went with it and I am actually rather surprised that he took this direction.

That said, this is a story, and unless something drastic happens, such as them tumbling directly into Allison's boyfriend and the key transferring at the moment of her death (which I don't entirely rule out, but I really doubt), Allison is going to get out of this situation alive, because killing your MC is an extremely dangerous literary move.

I don't think we can really see well enough where she's been stabbed to judge that. And anyway her expression there seems to be more 'laughing with intense pleasure at your suffering' than anything else. Arguing that she's not really trying to kill Allison as she stabs, slashes, and throws her around while paying no mind to what few words she's able to get out seems pretty bold.

I am extremely certain as to where that blade struck, the attack was clearly meant to maim, not to kill.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2018, 10:17:51 pm by NullForceOmega »
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: February 14, 2018, 10:19:01 pm »

I suspect she intends to kill Allie eventually at the moment, and from a gut wound, Allie will bleed out even ignoring high risk of infection.  Right now, she's just having more fun torturing her.  There's a reason gut wounds were so nasty before modern medicine and even today without treatment; they're not quick killers, but they're slow and nasty killers. 

Which suggests that Cio may be in for a lesson on why you never toy with your victim.  At least, not while in the same lair as the dragon and his over-zealous followers who you've also previously stolen form.

This seems like the most likely way things'll go to me. Maybe the key's power will let Allison survive her wounds, or even escape Yre to where White Chain and Nyave are waiting with C/Y's fate unknown and they can hide from Mottom while Allison recovers and learns a lesson about biting off more than you can chew.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: February 14, 2018, 10:19:48 pm »

I hope they both don't die.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: February 14, 2018, 10:20:36 pm »

This seems like the most likely way things'll go to me. Maybe the key's power will let Allison survive her wounds, or even escape Yre to where White Chain and Nyave are waiting with C/Y's fate unknown and they can hide from Mottom while Allison recovers and learns a lesson about biting off more than you can chew.

That would be an interesting direction to go with, certainly not the expected outcome, which could make for very compelling narrative.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: February 14, 2018, 11:21:52 pm »

That would be an interesting direction to go with, certainly not the expected outcome, which could make for very compelling narrative.

She's going to have to learn how to tap into the king key's healing abilities at some point. Sorta like how she learned the god-avatar headbutt thing, though that was with some help from Incubus.

I suspect that either the purple skinned woman or Mammon himself will intervene soon. Or at least Mammon will wonder what the ruckus is.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: February 14, 2018, 11:27:16 pm »

The one who is unlearned knows that they cannot be healed.

The one who is learned knows that they may be healed.

The one who is enlightened knows that they should not be healed.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: February 15, 2018, 12:00:33 pm »

You missed every vital organ!
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: February 15, 2018, 12:07:35 pm »

You missed every vital organ!

I saw a comment (on the KSBD page) saying that it was an armpit grab, which it certainly does look a bit like.

Liber celi

• Bay Watcher
  • council does your hair
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: February 15, 2018, 01:19:50 pm »

RIP Allison's spleen, this is a comic about Oscar now

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: February 15, 2018, 07:25:24 pm »

I imagine we'll see Mammon standing up/stepping on Yabalchoath and demanding an apology for stabbing anyone but him.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: February 15, 2018, 07:46:44 pm »

Heh. You know, this might not have happened had Allyson finished her tower and killed Cio.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: February 15, 2018, 09:07:54 pm »

Heh. You know, this might not have happened had Allyson finished her tower and killed Cio.
This wouldn't have happened if Allison had any forethought :P But she was focused on POWER and I SUCK BEING WEAK and all that. :-\ But at least it hit her right AFTER she accepted that deal.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 67