Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 67

Author Topic: KILL SIX BILLION DEMONS Discussion Thread  (Read 98366 times)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Re: KILL SIX BILLION DEMONS Discussion Thread
« Reply #135 on: February 06, 2018, 11:55:19 pm »

As Abbadon put it, Allison is "a girl who always makes the wrong decisions but succeeds anyway".
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: February 07, 2018, 10:19:10 am »

Without looking back (or rather, because my internet isn't doing well and I cannot go to threads or seek info I want to at the current days), I remember some kind of prophecy by the...err, big chained devil in the...um, court of devils that spoke about Cio 'dying' and giving rise to her past self. Anyone remember the exacts?

Because I'm all :'( about Cio turning back. That is some character growth even if it is fully offpage.

Just reminded myself how great it is that her first reaction to seeing an unbound devil was "AAAAAAH PUT A MASK BACK ON IT FUCK" and the mages being amazed at the stupidity of trying and surprised at it working.
I must be very bad at seeing expressions. :-[ They looked like they were staring and awaiting what would happen--especially that last scene where Cio and Allison depart. They're just staring. Neutrally. With eyebrows all furrowed.

I said reason should be possible, not that she will be reasonable.  Yabalchoath aside, Cio is still a very angry girlfriend and is going to need some serious re-assurance.
I love how you wrote this. Also how I'd feel when I accidentally hurt anyone, even my girlfriend >_>

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: February 07, 2018, 02:44:25 pm »

I mean, Zoss didn't seem to need any help to stay young (staying alive on the other hand...)
He doesn't need help with that either, since it's not what he was trying to do.

Dunno what’s up with Zoss, it seems like he is able to have the same demigodly powers without the key.
Zoss has attained royalty. The seven can pretend at his power through the use of the key, but he has power because of who he is.

I don't think he's an imprintation on the key either, I think he just legit isn't stopped by being dead.
Yeah, this is confirmed. He's beyond causality, so being dead doesn't hinder him like it would do to others.

I'm sure various folks would notice him tiptoeing around Mottom's castle or following the gang through the battle of the vault just now, only two of the crew even made it to the current part... well... one and a half, so if he wasn't sneaking around with them that means he's just been hanging out waiting there?
This assumes that in order to get from one place to another, he has to cross the intervening space. I'm not sure he even exists in any one place at a time since dying.

I don't think Zoss is going to die until Zoss is ready to die.
This is true, but the tense is wrong. Zoss died when his head was separated from his body. There's official and explicit confirmation of this.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: February 07, 2018, 03:50:56 pm »

Ok, how about I phrase it as: Zoss is no longer alive in the sense of needing a body like we do, but not as dead as one would expect the formerly beheaded to be?
Just reminded myself how great it is that her first reaction to seeing an unbound devil was "AAAAAAH PUT A MASK BACK ON IT FUCK" and the mages being amazed at the stupidity of trying and surprised at it working.
I must be very bad at seeing expressions. :-[ They looked like they were staring and awaiting what would happen--especially that last scene where Cio and Allison depart. They're just staring. Neutrally. With eyebrows all furrowed.
I was talking about her drinking contest where she faced Vladok.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: February 07, 2018, 04:07:34 pm »

Near as I'm picking up he's at least as dead as the formerly beheaded could be expected to be, possibly more. He just only gives so much of a shit about that and is living in a set of metaphysics where being dead isn't necessarily going to stop you from stabbing someone, even without xanatos style shenanigans.

You're basically in punch magic land, the place where dead people can make teenagers fornicate for their postmortem amusement by way of martial arts ghost. Things can get weird. Dead guy walking around pimp slapping people or whatever zoss has been doing is fairly tame.

Just roll with it. Dude's dead as dead can be, and kickass enough he still goes where he pleases.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: February 07, 2018, 09:04:18 pm »

Ok, how about I phrase it as: Zoss is no longer alive in the sense of needing a body like we do, but not as dead as one would expect the formerly beheaded to be?
I was talking about her drinking contest where she faced Vladok.
I recall that exact page now. Although I didn't recall recognizing amazement though! Those emissaries are...very good at their face-play. Or I was too busy because Allison said that she was drunk at the time to register their reactions.

Although what was all that about, about one pledging to be an emissary to another? I recall (thanks to that note of yours) that one of the golden mages wanted to pledge to Allison, until she lied about being to...that first person lady whose name I forgot exactly. And then they went all "Oh dear" :-X.

I wonder who the magisters are referring to when they mention a 'demon of unrivalled power stole a key of kings'? Maybe Cio, whom I guess nobody knew was Y...that one?
« Last Edit: February 07, 2018, 09:12:21 pm by Tiruin »

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: February 07, 2018, 09:20:50 pm »

I wonder who the magisters are referring to when they mention a 'demon of unrivalled power stole a key of kings'? Maybe Cio, whom I guess nobody knew was Y...that one?
Only one person has ever done it, so they were definitely talking about Yabalchoath.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: February 07, 2018, 09:38:52 pm »

Speaking of the mask used to re-mask vladok, I wonder how remasking devils who still have their mask works because the one used was actually going to be used by another devil who looked like they were going to exchange their old worn out one for a new one.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: February 07, 2018, 09:57:44 pm »

Given what happened, a devil probably can't just take their mask off and go all eyes and teeth. The mask is merely the physical representation of the contract, from which devils are given stable form. Breaking that agreement, to entreat with humans and keep the contract whole, is what causes it. It's worth noting that not only does Vladok's mask explode, so does the devil's kiss on Allison.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: February 07, 2018, 10:05:53 pm »

I know, I was just wondering how that'd work since it looks like that's what they were doing with that particular devil, exchanging the old mask for the new one since that devil obviously already had one.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: February 07, 2018, 11:25:48 pm »

Uh... huh. That origami quad beak flappy thing shortly past those links. Was there a smaller one of those earlier in KSBD or does it share a remarkable likeness with something from... some other work...? Because I could swear I've seen a tiny one of those things before. Demon quad beak paper bird thing. It's looking real goddamn familiar and I can't even remotely place where I've seen it before.
Ask not!
Ask!

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: February 08, 2018, 12:26:32 pm »

That's like the fourth time I've seen "punch magic" show up and have never heard it before like a week ago.

Regarding whether the mages were actually displaying amazement, I'm just assuming they were amazed, got no clue if they actually looked like it, too much catbrain to do that sort of shit.

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: February 08, 2018, 12:32:01 pm »

Uh... huh. That origami quad beak flappy thing shortly past those links. Was there a smaller one of those earlier in KSBD or does it share a remarkable likeness with something from... some other work...? Because I could swear I've seen a tiny one of those things before. Demon quad beak paper bird thing. It's looking real goddamn familiar and I can't even remotely place where I've seen it before.

Maybe Eightfold from Paranatural? She wasn't birdy, but she was an origami spidery thing.
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: February 08, 2018, 12:54:24 pm »

Maybe Eightfold from Paranatural? She wasn't birdy, but she was an origami spidery thing.
... that'd do it, actually. Half thought of paranatural a while after the post, but now that you mention the name I actually recall the thing.

That's like the fourth time I've seen "punch magic" show up and have never heard it before like a week ago.
For what it's worth, there's actual terms for the stuff -- wuxia, xianxia, etc. -- and the style and themes are well known enough even in western media you've pretty certainly ran into elements of it before. Crouching tiger, hidden dragon is probably one of the more well known-ish films in the western sphere of things, if very restrained compared to the stuff that has dead people faffing around. Also maybe too old these days but most of what I'd point to on the non-animated front that I can recall is older. Kung-fu panda, jackie chan adventures, sorta' the bendy avatars, etc.

It's probably more accurate to call it martial arts fantasy or something, but I calls it like I sees it and I sees it as people casting magic spells with their fists. Punch magic it is.
Ask not!
Ask!

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: February 08, 2018, 01:26:11 pm »

I mean, I've seen wuxia and whatnot, I still lust after an unbreakable sword like the green destiny, just never heard that actual term used instead of "shit an Exalted Solar would do" or whatever.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 67