Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 17

Author Topic: Sorcerers @ War - OOC & Fluff  (Read 20300 times)

frostgiant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sorcerers @ War - OOC & Fluff
« Reply #30 on: December 28, 2017, 07:09:30 pm »

So, heres my first Attempt at an empire... might make another as a back up for later.
Slaver Werewolfs.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Does this work?
« Last Edit: December 29, 2017, 02:53:04 am by frostgiant »

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 28, 2017, 07:14:10 pm »

I hope I spawn near the wolfmen.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 28, 2017, 07:20:55 pm »

Hey Iituem, what would be the point cost of a leader starting with an artefact? Got a bit of an idea but it's fairly reliant on that being a lynchpin.

PM me the details and we'll work it out.  A full on artefact in the mithril sense is out, but we could work out an enchanted item.

So, heres my first Attempt at an empire... might make another as a back up for later.
Slaver Werewolfs.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Does this work?

I like it!  Interesting empire there.  Fun god too.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 28, 2017, 07:31:14 pm »

How much unrest is the some unrest of Barbarous?

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 28, 2017, 07:46:01 pm »

How much unrest is the some unrest of Barbarous?

10%, but it's 10% as a base multiplier to your race.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 28, 2017, 07:46:53 pm »

Slow Metabolism (-2), Red-Thumb (+1)
That's actually an interesting combo, given that city-folk will buy food off the world market when needed.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 28, 2017, 07:58:11 pm »

So like, +10% on everything that gives unrest, so if you get an event for +5% unrest, you instead get +5.5%? Is that how things like shrines and priest based governments work as well? Or are those/some of those flat reductions?

And I guess in general since Autonomy goes up to counter unrest as unrest goes up (with some chance of rebellion in between presumably) you could expect Barbarous populations to require 10% higher Autonomy?

Also how would that  work with mixed pops? If you had, say, 30% barbarous pops in an area, and got a +5% unrest, would it total to be +5.15%?

Jilladilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Most Sleep Deprived
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 28, 2017, 08:01:52 pm »

Slow Metabolism (-2), Red-Thumb (+1)
That's actually an interesting combo, given that city-folk will buy food off the world market when needed.
The headcanon for Red-Thumb is an utter lack of relevant farming experience, cave-ecosystems and surface-ecosystems are fairly different; and while we have to research farming, most can probably go 'Ok, show of hands: Who remembers the details of farming? Ok, get together and gather up the ideas then we'll fill in the blanks'. With my guys, it's more 'Ok. How the hell do we even farm?' and everyone just stares blankly ahead.
It symbolizes the fact that even though most will have to start all over again researching farming, that there would still likely be minor tips and tricks to improve crop yield that have survived the migration; tips and tricks that my people don't have due to the fact that they're literally starting from scratch.

Glory to United Forenia!

If you see a 'Nemonole' on the internet elsewhere, it's probably me

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 28, 2017, 08:07:28 pm »

So like, +10% on everything that gives unrest, so if you get an event for +5% unrest, you instead get +5.5%? Is that how things like shrines and priest based governments work as well? Or are those/some of those flat reductions?

And I guess in general since Autonomy goes up to counter unrest as unrest goes up (with some chance of rebellion in between presumably) you could expect Barbarous populations to require 10% higher Autonomy?

Also how would that  work with mixed pops? If you had, say, 30% barbarous pops in an area, and got a +5% unrest, would it total to be +5.15%?

Events that give unrest will give flat unrest regardless of pop modifiers.  But every pop in a territory creates unrest naturally through crowding, which is the main contributor for unrest, with urban pops producing 4x the base unrest of rural pops.  It is this crowding unrest that your race will receive a 10% increase to.

Example:  You have 3000 rural pops and 2000 urban pops in a territory.  That equates to 55% Unrest -> the rurals produce 15% unrest, the urbans produce 40% unrest.  Buildings and autonomy help reduce this, with luxury goods supply helping the most for larger towns (goods satiation that reduces unrest scales where building bonuses do not).

Now, if your race is Barbarous, that 55% unrest increases to 60.5% unrest (55% * 110%).
If instead half of the population is Barbarous and the other half is normal, you end up with 57.75% unrest.
If your 3000 rural pops are all halflings (a normal race) and your 2000 urban pops are all rage-dwarves (a barbarous race with urban preference) you'll see 59% instead (15% from the rurals, 44% from the urbans).

But yes, Barbarous races will benefit from slightly higher autonomy; autonomy counters unrest at a 2:1 rate - at 100% autonomy, unrest will decrease by 50%.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 28, 2017, 08:09:59 pm »

@Iituem, any thoughts for my character (civilization) sheet that was posted in the first page?

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 28, 2017, 08:17:35 pm »

Spoiler: Sign-Up Sheet (click to show/hide)

There's a lot I like about it.  Fliers make for a particularly interesting strategic option.  Couple of points, though.  1)  You need either a High Priest or a Pious race to bring a god through the gate with you.  If you do, I would suggest 'chaos' or 'trickery' as valid forms for a freedom god.  2) Be aware that you are starting without a known mana source or existing magical knowledge.  This isn't a problem in the long run, but be aware that your start will be fairly mundane until you can acquire this.

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 28, 2017, 08:26:13 pm »

Spoiler: Here There Be Spoilers (click to show/hide)

May expand later. But food calls and I wanted to get this out there.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2017, 09:43:53 pm by Terenos »
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...

frostgiant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 28, 2017, 08:42:06 pm »

@Iituem If we wanted a Magic to make Golems, like out of Stone or metal. would Necromancy lead to them with animation or augmentation?
Just want to know because I'm writing up a second nation sheet... I like to make more than one when making factions.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 28, 2017, 08:47:13 pm »

There's a lot I like about it.  Fliers make for a particularly interesting strategic option.  Couple of points, though.  1)  You need either a High Priest or a Pious race to bring a god through the gate with you.  If you do, I would suggest 'chaos' or 'trickery' as valid forms for a freedom god.  2) Be aware that you are starting without a known mana source or existing magical knowledge.  This isn't a problem in the long run, but be aware that your start will be fairly mundane until you can acquire this.

Edited, added the Barbarous Trait and removed the slaver trait since it make since because they are birds and added the High Priest as to allow the pantheon to exist.

Also if I could with trait I would call hungry, ravenous, for my species because it seems so much more fitting.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2017, 02:44:57 am by Shadowclaw777 »

Jilladilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Most Sleep Deprived
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 28, 2017, 08:50:09 pm »

So, since you're giving out pointers, is there anything blatantly wrong with my Sheet Iituem? Anything that doesn't seem to fit, likely not brought up to speed with one of my many pre-post edits? Stuff that is greatly lacking/needs more backstory explanation? I ask mostly because, well... I did pass out halfway through posting it, probably forgot things in the process.

Also, I second Frostgiant's question.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2017, 08:51:41 pm by Jilladilla »

Glory to United Forenia!

If you see a 'Nemonole' on the internet elsewhere, it's probably me
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 17