Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: What Influences Seeking Immortality?  (Read 945 times)

MachinaMandala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
What Influences Seeking Immortality?
« on: December 22, 2017, 10:07:29 am »

I'm trying to put together a mod and I'm curious to know if there are any factors that more commonly give the life goal of seeking immortality.

Does anyone have any ideas?

4powerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What Influences Seeking Immortality?
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2017, 03:34:39 pm »

from my experiences (which is VERY limited, so take this with a grain of salt) nothing seems to influence it, though sometimes a soon to be necromancer will seek immortality after watching a family member or friend die from old age
GENERATION 30:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
don't walk past the unoccupied beds to sleep on the floor and then complain about it

Urlance Woolsbane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2017, 08:20:50 am »

As with prospective night troll spouses, most would-be necromancers hold positions of authority. It's not uncommon for some dwarven monarch to sod off and join a tower.
"Hey papa, your dandruff is melting my skin. Is that normal?"
"SKREEEONK!!!"
"Yes, daddy."

Jazz Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept stringed instrumentalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2017, 04:01:51 pm »

The wiki says that it helps to give a creature a MAXAGE (make them not immortal) and maybe adding DEATH to their religion spheres. Lots of war helps, too, I think.
Give your dwarves a pet
My holiday mod (only offensive to elves)
The check-laundry script

Just give the Crossbow weapon the [AMMO:CROSSBOW] tag in the raws. You can make a crossbow that shoots crossbows.

Urlance Woolsbane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2017, 11:24:09 pm »

The wiki says that it helps to give a creature a MAXAGE (make them not immortal) and maybe adding DEATH to their religion spheres. Lots of war helps, too, I think.
Besides, a MAXAGE of 10000 makes a creature effectively immortal. It's never too early to try to prolong one's lifespan...

Mind you, I'm not sure about war having much to do with it. I've never seen it play an obvious role.
"Hey papa, your dandruff is melting my skin. Is that normal?"
"SKREEEONK!!!"
"Yes, daddy."

Jazz Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept stringed instrumentalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2017, 01:38:57 am »

I think the idea is that when Urist McCannonFodder sees his squadmates get pulped by goblins he goes "Sweet mother of Armok, that could have been me!" and scampers off to build a tower.
Give your dwarves a pet
My holiday mod (only offensive to elves)
The check-laundry script

Just give the Crossbow weapon the [AMMO:CROSSBOW] tag in the raws. You can make a crossbow that shoots crossbows.