Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Games for an integrated graphics card  (Read 999 times)

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
Games for an integrated graphics card
« on: December 21, 2017, 08:47:22 am »

So I got a dell xps 13. Mostly for work but I'd like some gaming if avaiable.

Any suggestions for games that will run on integrated graphics?
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
Re: Games for an integrated graphics card
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2017, 08:51:01 am »

I know less games that will not.  ::)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2017, 09:05:21 am »

Yeah, quick gander at the specs looks like the thing's better than the machine I'm running, heh. That's not saying much since my comp might as well have tiny monkeys instead of a CPU, but you're probably fine for most things. Might just have to turn the settings down for more intensive/newer stuff.

From what I understand, integrated cards usually are optimized-ish for non-game programs, but at the end of the day a graphics card is a graphics card. Most things have have problems with integrated stuff has issues with the strength of the specs, not anything particular to the type of card. Might be some driver related junk, but far as I've seen that's not really all that common.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2017, 10:50:19 am »

If you have a bunch of games in your steam library, you may want to go through that and see if any of them will work.

Otherwise, there are some lightweight games that work on a potato. IIRC, OpenTTD runs well on an integrated gpu.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2017, 11:19:42 am »

What is the integrated graphic card exactly ?

Some of the xps 13 models i quickly checked on google are coming with a "Intel UHD Graphics 620" that is not only way better than my old desktop system is equipped with, but can easily run games like GTA 5 :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTkJyC04hx0

It may not be the same integrated graphic card on yours, but check whatever model you have through things like youtube, there are always people testing those cards with more or less modern games so you can get an idea on what it can or can't run.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2017, 11:40:14 am »

I think itīs that one actually
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2017, 06:10:21 pm »

As a rule of thumb, if it's 2D, you're good to go, if it's 3D then don't expect to run it unless it's very old.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei