Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: No Trade Caravan?  (Read 984 times)

cyrohound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
No Trade Caravan?
« on: December 19, 2017, 03:24:58 pm »

I got an announcement for a trade caravan, but aside from the diplomat, no caravan is forthcoming. There are no units in the "others" screen aside from the diplomat and 2 emus. There haven't been any enemies on my map for a long time anyway because my military is pretty good and has steel armor.

Any ideas as to what happened here?

Toxicshadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • github
Re: No Trade Caravan?
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2017, 03:59:19 pm »

I got an announcement for a trade caravan, but aside from the diplomat, no caravan is forthcoming. There are no units in the "others" screen aside from the diplomat and 2 emus. There haven't been any enemies on my map for a long time anyway because my military is pretty good and has steel armor.

Any ideas as to what happened here?
Did they get killed? Have you pissed them off by siezing/making them lose goods (depot deconstruction)? Did they get spooked at the edge of the map and leave? Are you experiencing this bug?
'ere the Chias get hungry...

cyrohound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2017, 05:20:45 pm »

I'm reasonably sure they haven't been killed, at least not on my map. I haven't seized any goods. They also aren't invisible as the lone diplomat has no trade goods for trade.

Is it possible that the capital fell to an enemy or something mid route?

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2017, 05:24:11 pm »

I'm reasonably sure they haven't been killed, at least not on my map. I haven't seized any goods. They also aren't invisible as the lone diplomat has no trade goods for trade.

Is it possible that the capital fell to an enemy or something mid route?
Then you wouldn't have got the message that a caravan had arrived. Diplomat probably wouldn't have turned up either.

Madrigal

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm polyphonic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2017, 07:29:25 pm »

The same kind of thing happened to me (in 43.04). Other players seem to have some success fixing their merchant-related problems with scripts; here's a forum thread where a couple of those scripts are mentioned:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=167475.msg7566557#msg7566557

As I wrote in that thread, the problem cleared up by itself for me, but it took three years. I paved a stretch of the map edge, and also intentionally blocked wagons from using the path to the depot, but I have no idea if either one of those things helped.